E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Transmission Shield and vibration.

02-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
stevend456
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi - 2004 330ic

Transmission Shield and vibration.

I purchased a 2006xi for my wife, I have noticed that it does not have a shield over the transmission, I want to find one to put on but can not find one online, I checked realoem and it shows but is not a option to buy, whats up?
I have been trying to find a vibration, thought it was in the tires I put on right after I purchased, Continental DWS, had them Road Force balanced, vibration still there, car has only 43,000 miles.
I have been working on this vibration for over a month.

Thanks for any help
Steve
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
stevend456
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi - 2004 330ic

Does all e90's have splash guards over the transmission, or am I looking for something thats not available.
I looked at real oem it shows a picture but notes say not for this model.
Does anyone have a good picture of the bottom side of a e90?
Does anyone have a cover over the transmission pan area?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
Alpineweiss e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 330xi

I have a plastic cover under my trans and a reinforcement plate under the engine, near the subframe.

You can't buy anything from realoem.com You can only look up part numbers and then give them to your dealer or a site like getbmwparts.com

As for the vibration issue? Where do you feel it? In your steering wheel? Seat? Is it constant? Or just under load? ie when you accelerate.

A wheel can balance out on a balancing machine, but that doesn't mean it won't create vibrations throughout the car. If you feel a shimmying in the steering wheel, check your front wheels for bends. If you have a square setup, you can swap your rears to the front but if there are bends in the rears, you'll feel the shimmying too.

Other causes can be warped rotors, worn bushings, mounts, etc.
Appreciate 0