E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who is on Sirius Leader?

03-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #243
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

A front plate in CA is required, you would have to ask prior to have them exclude that from their prep. Sorry.
      03-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #244
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
Ummm.... it is good. 90 feels like 40. iDrive is a bitch... hopefully time heals all wounds. Thanks SPN for helping and mentoring me in tracking a ship ;-)

Hopefully I'll get her in the tint shop tomorrow and get pic up.
I have to say, of all the guys I have met on these threads, abendx, you get the award for the funniest. OMG, I laughed so hard. It has been fun. Enjoy your car!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #245
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
A front plate in CA is required, you would have to ask prior to have them exclude that from their prep. Sorry.
Since it is the law in CA, it is just the dealership's normal MO in prepping a car. If they won't trade out your bumper, do you know about bumperplugs.com? I have read about other guys who have had your problem and this is how they've remedied it.

On my new car that is coming, I now know to tell my dealership ahead of time NOT to wash my (black) car when it arrives. They take all the dealership cars through an automatic car washing machine when they arrive and it puts swirls in the paint. I learned that lesson on my last car. Live and learn with these dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #246
abendx
Fornicator
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
I have to say, of all the guys I have met on these threads, abendx, you get the award for the funniest. OMG, I laughed so hard. It has been fun. Enjoy your car!
Ah shucks.... I am blushing.

Thanks.

You know, we don't have to part ways. I am still looking forward to your 45 minute drive down. ;-)
      03-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #247
sal501
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

I still haven't heard anything from my CA. All she can confirm is that car arrived on March 1st. I called Waggoneer, they don't have the car. Does anyone know the number of BMW VPC? I am getting real impatient now.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #248
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal501 View Post
I still haven't heard anything from my CA. All she can confirm is that car arrived on March 1st. I called Waggoneer, they don't have the car. Does anyone know the number of BMW VPC? I am getting real impatient now.
Check the Hudson Leader thread. I think there was a guy on there from San Diego and I think it took about a week to get his car. If it wasn't Hudson Leader try Aphrodite Leader. It just seems like San Diego took awhile.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #249
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ah shucks.... I am blushing.

Thanks.

You know, we don't have to part ways. I am still looking forward to your 45 minute drive down. ;-)
Well, you just keep washing that lettuce and maybe I will show up at BK one day in MY beautiful new car!

Post some pics when you get a chance. I am really impressed by all the photos I am seeing on these threads. Wow! BMW is putting out some REALLY nice looking cars. Congrats to everyone!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #250
sal501
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Check the Hudson Leader thread. I think there was a guy on there from San Diego and I think it took about a week to get his car. If it wasn't Hudson Leader try Aphrodite Leader. It just seems like San Diego took awhile.
Damn, my car is stuck at customs! Who knows when they will release it
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #251
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Damn, my car is stuck at customs! Who knows when they will release it
When I was on this forum last summer, ED cars were taking 3 weeks to get through customs and that was for both BMWs and Mercedes EDs (two different ports!) I was tracking a MB ED for my dealership at the time. But, it seems like the threads I have been on in the past few weeks, that it is taking about nine days to take delivery of an ED car. That's much better than three weeks. I wonder if summertime takes longer because there are more EDs and that is the reason for a three-week delay. My ED two years ago in March had no wait time in customs at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #252
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Another idea is to have your dealership's general manager call the manager of the VPC. That is what happened in the case of the three-week wait I had last summer with the car I was tracking. I was tracking a car for a high profile client and I could't believe it was taking three weeks for customs, so the dealership GM called down to LA VPC manager to help move things along. I don't know how much it helped, though, as we had been waiting three weeks at that point. Since it was really out of my ship tracking abilities, I stepped back and wasn't involved beyond those three weeks after the ship reached the port. I know guys on the BMW thread were still waiting at three weeks, too, when I stopped tracking.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #253
sal501
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Another idea is to have your dealership's general manager call the manager of the VPC. That is what happened in the case of the three-week wait I had last summer with the car I was tracking. I was tracking a car for a high profile client and I could't believe it was taking three weeks for customs, so the dealership GM called down to LA VPC manager to help move things along. I don't know how much it helped, though, as we had been waiting three weeks at that point. Since it was really out of my ship tracking abilities, I stepped back and wasn't involved beyond those three weeks after the ship reached the port. I know guys on the BMW thread were still waiting at three weeks, too, when I stopped tracking.
We are assuming two things here:
1) My CA is as smart and on top of the game as you are.
2) They know I am not a high profile client

Given both of these, I don't think the GM will call VPC, they will tell me to just wait. Sadly I will just have to wait and wait, till it gets delivered.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #254
sal501
Captain
Rep

Quote:
We are assuming two things here:
1) My CA is as smart and on top of the game as you are.
2) They know I am not a high profile client

Given both of these, I don't think the GM will call VPC, they will tell me to just wait. Sadly I will just have to wait and wait, till it gets delivered.
I called ED dept and found out my car is still at the port and hasn't made to VPC yet. Are any other EDers facing the same issue?
Appreciate 0