E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > **Help Needed**E90 330i [RWD] Lowering Ride Height Questions****

05-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
BMW-Neil-E90
See Me Fly By In A 330i
United_States
Rep
Drives: AlpineWhite 330i 6-speed

Garage List
Exclamation **Help Needed**E90 330i [RWD] Lowering Ride Height Questions****

Car:2006 BMW E90 330i w/Sport Package (Rear Wheel Drive)6 speed Manual.
My current set up is a basic E90 sport suspension with Tein S-Tech Lowering springs.
Wheels: OEM BMW Style 95 Wheels; 19x9F_235/35/19 - 19x10R_265/30/19

I would like to achieve a flush set up, Fender to top of Rim

1)I know Coil-overs would be better than Struts and Springs but can i still get a
flush look with Springs and struts?

2) Ive seen rear adjustable camber control arms, will that help my wheels to fit flush?

3) How do lowering Perches effect ride height?

4) How do Rear Ride Height Adjusters work?
(I saw someone on the post selling them here is the link) http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=968936

I Would like to achieve a similar ride height as the metallic silver M-Tech E90 w/Style95 wheels.

My car is the Alpine white M-Tech E90 W/blue(Powder Coated) Style 95 wheels (sorry about I-phone Pictures. Will take better photos to post up)
Attached Images

Last edited by BMW-Neil-E90; 05-13-2014 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
BMW-Neil-E90
See Me Fly By In A 330i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Question Unequal Ride Height

The ride height on the passenger side seems half an inch higher than the drivers side. Anyone know why?
Attached Images

05-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
gtaccord
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Garage List
The side to side ride height difference is probably just due to the surface the car is parked on. My driveway looks flat but my rear passenger tire is always tucked while the driver front sits higher. Probably nothing to worry about. The other option would be that the rubber bushings etc throughout the suspension are more worn on the driver side (especially if the car usually doesn't have passengers) which causes that side to sit slightly lower.

To answer the rest of your questions:

1. You pretty much need coilovers to dial in the height exactly where you want it.
2. To sit that low you will probably need more camber to not rub so the rear adjustable camber arms may be needed. You may also need a camber solution for the front.
3. The lowering spring perches lower the front of the car about 0.4 inches.
4. Rear height adjusters are installed between the spring and the body and allow for adjustment of the rear height. This is how all the coilover kits achieve adjustment in the rear. They will not work with stock sized springs (eibach, h&r etc)

You may already know but to achieve the look you want the car will probably not be enjoyable to drive as a daily anymore. If this is your daily driver I would recommend that you leave it where it is.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
BMW-Neil-E90
See Me Fly By In A 330i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaccord View Post
The side to side ride height difference is probably just due to the surface the car is parked on. My driveway looks flat but my rear passenger tire is always tucked while the driver front sits higher. Probably nothing to worry about. The other option would be that the rubber bushings etc throughout the suspension are more worn on the driver side (especially if the car usually doesn't have passengers) which causes that side to sit slightly lower.

To answer the rest of your questions:

1. You pretty much need coilovers to dial in the height exactly where you want it.
2. To sit that low you will probably need more camber to not rub so the rear adjustable camber arms may be needed. You may also need a camber solution for the front.
3. The lowering spring perches lower the front of the car about 0.4 inches.
4. Rear height adjusters are installed between the spring and the body and allow for adjustment of the rear height. This is how all the coilover kits achieve adjustment in the rear. They will not work with stock sized springs (eibach, h&r etc)

You may already know but to achieve the look you want the car will probably not be enjoyable to drive as a daily anymore. If this is your daily driver I would recommend that you leave it where it is.
Thanks for the advice.. ill keep that in mind, because i plan on DD it until i get something else to DD
      07-25-2023, 02:01 AM   #5
heathcotegeo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

The variance in ride height from side to side is most likely merely a result of the surface the car is parked on. My driveway might look level, but the back passenger tire always rests lower than the front driver's tire. The front driver's tire is always higher. Probably nothing to be concerned about here. The other possibility is that the rubber bushings and other components of the suspension on the driver's side are more worn than those on the passenger side, which causes that side of the vehicle to sit somewhat lower than the other side. This is especially likely if the vehicle rarely has passengers. wordle today

Last edited by heathcotegeo; 07-26-2023 at 03:00 AM..
Appreciate 0