E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Intelligent Battery Sensor, multiple error codes 4a27

08-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
Nikon User
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d e90

Question Intelligent Battery Sensor, multiple error codes 4a27

Looking for help please! I have e90 330d 2005 n57.

Every 6 or so start ups I get a bunch of error lights - battery, abs, run flats, red cog, auto gear lever locked in P, engine revs erratic/clunky - all come on at once. They come up immediately after starting without moving the vehicle. Switch off and back on again and they are gone, sometimes need to cycle 4 or 5 times before they finally clear. Then no issues for another 6 or so start ups.

A restart clears the lights but error codes are still stored. The source of the issue appears to be with the IBS as that is the only fault that remains or immediately reappears when everything is erased.

The error code is "4a27 - Intelligent battery sensor - communication". The battery does not have an IBS fitted at all, and has never had IBS. I am getting a constant 14v, had the alternator and battery tested and both are fine.

MD unable to diagnose.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 03:13 AM   #2
m444
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 320D Convertable

Hi Nikon User,

I see you've had no replies to your post - Have you managed to resolve the your issue? Its just that I've got a similar problem, i drive a E91 330D 2006 plate a little while ago i had the car go into limp mode with every warning light possible coming on the dash, including the Red Cog of death!!! It turned out to be the faulty alternator. I have sine had the Alternator changed and the car seem to run fine, but when i connect my Diagnostic tool to it, it seem to have an error code 4A27 Intelligent Battery Sensor logged every time, and no matter how many times i clear it, it just keeps coming back up! My car don't seem to have a IBS fitted to it, just a standard beige colour earth cable, I've looked into it and it seems like IBS has 2 blue connector, 1 plugs into the box terminal on the battery which i do have and the other small blue plus into another small blue connector which goes to the ECU i believe which i don't have!

So,i was interested to know as to how you got on, we might have a few clues here for one another which might help....

Look forward to your reply

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0