E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Misfire misfire misfire!

04-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #1
street 335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Misfire misfire misfire!

We started having issues a month or so ago so we thought the coils were bad so I upgraded them to precision raceworks ones, then that didn't fix it so I though it was going over 20psi so I put on a 3.5 bar but still misfires we're occurring and more recently I sent out my dme to get fixed and all of the mosfets were replaced. Upon just receiving it back the car was running fine last night in the rain I couldn't get any grip and it just spun and spun with no problems. But today when I was going to fill up I did a little pull in 3rd gear which I have set to 20psi (im running MHD stage 2+ 91 oct v1.82 beta) and I felt it misfire as soon as I hit boost so I let off and then the code that appeared was 30ba I tried everything to clear codes and retuned it but no luck so I had to drive it home like a i8 on three cylinders .I'm young and don't have much experience or tools just looking for suggestions on what I should try, such as checking the wiring or voltage loss using a scope or something like that. Thanks for reading I appreciate any help (07 335i AT FBO)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #2
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

If the 30BA error won't clear, it sounds like something has failed in the DME again. I'd start by checking all wiring between the injectors and DDE, mainly checking resistance to ground with both ends of the wires disconnected. That's a shot in the dark though. Oh, also check the resistance of each injector...not sure what they should be though! newtis.info for wiring diagrams. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #3
siloansa
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
If the 30BA error won't clear, it sounds like something has failed in the DME again. I'd start by checking all wiring between the injectors and DDE, mainly checking resistance to ground with both ends of the wires disconnected. That's a shot in the dark though. Oh, also check the resistance of each injector...not sure what they should be though! newtis.info for wiring diagrams. Good luck!
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #4
street 335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Just checked all of the wiring and I believe that everything is plugged in correctly, but I am confused on how I can have the same problem twice in a tow
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 10:01 PM   #5
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

My guess would be that there's a fault somewhere; an intermittent short circuit maybe, or one of the injectors is failing and putting extra load on the DME somehow... Hence the checks I mentioned. It's not impossible that the DME work was done badly (mistakes happen), so it's certainly worth contacting whoever did that, at this point too, if you haven't already
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #6
street 335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
My guess would be that there's a fault somewhere; an intermittent short circuit maybe, or one of the injectors is failing and putting extra load on the DME somehow... Hence the checks I mentioned. It's not impossible that the DME work was done badly (mistakes happen), so it's certainly worth contacting whoever did that, at this point too, if you haven't already
You were right I tested the injectors and it was cylinder one injector unless if that one is broken it triggers the fault code
Appreciate 0