E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Stevens Creek Bmw

04-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
xMSMx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 TiAg 328i coupe/coral red

Stevens Creek Bmw

should be avoided at all costs
they were rude, and hung up on me after I asked them for the VIN of a car.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMSMx View Post
To add to this topic, avoid BMW of Bayside (Douglaston, Queens) at all costs. Horrible customer service, and the parts guy gave me the biggest attitude I have EVER come across in my life when I asked about MY V.I.N. # after being placed on hold for nearly 20 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
clc5174
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 'vert

Not my experience

Quote:
My experience with Stevens Creek BMW has been quite the opposite to date. Friendly, pleasant, called to confirm appointment, spent the time needed to answer my questions, etc. No complaints here!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
The Vin # for the car that you purchased to check the status of production?

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #5
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clc5174 View Post
My experience with Stevens Creek BMW has been quite the opposite to date. Friendly, pleasant, called to confirm appointment, spent the time needed to answer my questions, etc. No complaints here!
+1. No complaints from me, either.

MD
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #6
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
The Vin # for the car that you purchased to check the status of production?

Perhaps. The OP could have found the VIN # for all the cars SCBMW is selling on their website.

MD
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #7
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
I think I have to go to them for service soon...hope they can take care of me ok..I think my fuel pump is heading south.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 12:21 AM   #8
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

hmmm...I dont know if I should add to this but I went to SC BMW today and asked to test out my Europe Navteq DVD. No one went outside to greet (which I dont think was a problem) so I went inside and talked to this Asian CA. He was on the phone and he hung up. THen he asked me what I wanted and I told him. All of a sudden he said "oh im busy. I have a customer right now."

I went to front desk and asked for a salesman. I told him I ordered my car from Dave Parker (whom was not there today). He told me to wait for Dave. When I told him I just wanted to test it out real quick and he went and asked the manager. Manager said no (i guess I understand). While I was talking to the manager some lady (probably finance) was staring me down for some reason.

I guess when you come dressed in jeans they just dont wanna help you.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 12:34 AM   #9
tommydogsdad
On My Third Drop Top BMW!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
hmmm...I dont know if I should add to this but I went to SC BMW today and asked to test out my Europe Navteq DVD. No one went outside to greet (which I dont think was a problem) so I went inside and talked to this Asian CA. He was on the phone and he hung up. THen he asked me what I wanted and I told him. All of a sudden he said "oh im busy. I have a customer right now."

I went to front desk and asked for a salesman. I told him I ordered my car from Dave Parker (whom was not there today). He told me to wait for Dave. When I told him I just wanted to test it out real quick and he went and asked the manager. Manager said no (i guess I understand). While I was talking to the manager some lady (probably finance) was staring me down for some reason.

I guess when you come dressed in jeans they just dont wanna help you.
The "jeans" theory is complete BS. I have only been dressed in jeans the 4 times I had to go down there, and got the best customer service-ever. I have had 11 brand new cars in my lifetime, and SCBMW has been the Number One Dealer in terms of customer service. Loren McRoberts, loren_mcroberts@yahoo.com, has been my CA. Excellent guy. Honest, hardworking, professional.

I am tired of hearing this "well I was dressed down" complaint. It's BS. They ARE NOT SNOBS. Have you seen the people who work there? Totally normal folk. Their uniform is jeans or khaki's.

Perhaps they WERE busy! YOU DID GO ON A BUSY DAY!!!! What time did you go? You should have called Dave Parker to schedule something. It is the NUMBER ONE VOLUME dealer in Northern Cali for God's sake!!! Make an appointment! You just shouldn't "walk in" and expect to be treated like Royalty. That's just an elitist entitlement attitude.
      04-30-2007, 12:37 AM   #10
tommydogsdad
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc5174 View Post
Absolutely ZERO complaints as well. The best BMW Dealer in the Bay Area! Hands down. I've had 3 BMW's. The other two were purchased elsewhere. I will never, ever buy another car from anyone other than SCBMW. If you want a great CA, deal with Loren McRoberts, loren_mcroberts@yahoo.com. Tell him Tommydogsdad sent you!
      04-30-2007, 12:38 AM   #11
tommydogsdad
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Perhaps. The OP could have found the VIN # for all the cars SCBMW is selling on their website.

MD
exactly
      04-30-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
tommydogsdad
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4to335 View Post
I think I have to go to them for service soon...hope they can take care of me ok..I think my fuel pump is heading south.
They will take GREAT care of you! Excellent service. I bought my E93 and it had a really bad alignment issue. Corrected in 1 hour while I waited in their CAFE. I was shocked that it was so quick I was outside having a cigarette, and they had to come and find me to tell me my car was ready. GREAT NICE PEOPLE, honest, caring, and funny in fact!!!!
      04-30-2007, 12:49 AM   #13
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
The "jeans" theory is complete BS. I have only been dressed in jeans the 4 times I had to go down there, and got the best customer service-ever. I have had 11 brand new cars in my lifetime, and SCBMW has been the Number One Dealer in terms of customer service. Loren McRoberts, loren_mcroberts@yahoo.com, has been my CA. Excellent guy. Honest, hardworking, professional.

I am tired of hearing this "well I was dressed down" complaint. It's BS. They ARE NOT SNOBS. Have you seen the people who work there? Totally normal folk. Their uniform is jeans or khaki's.

Perhaps they WERE busy! YOU DID GO ON A BUSY DAY!!!! What time did you go? You should have called Dave Parker to schedule something. It is the NUMBER ONE VOLUME dealer in Northern Cali for God's sake!!! Make an appointment! You just shouldn't "walk in" and expect to be treated like Royalty. That's just an elitist entitlement attitude.

I went there at about 5:40. Trust me they werent busy at all. There were about 4 or 5 CAs standing around.

The whole point of my post wasnt really to diss them. That's why I wasnt sure if I should post it. I was just wondering why he didnt help me. I mean it's a Nav disc. It takes about 2 minutes to test it.

Also, I did not expect them to treat me royally. I would have bought a Lexus if I wanted that treatment. Like I said Dave wasnt there today and Im not free during weekdays. THat's why I showed up. I figured it's just a Nav disc and if there are CAs standing around they would help me out.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #14
soc_fans
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: Mineral White 740Li

Just to add this, i went to SCBMW at about 5pm today. I was checking out the E93 335i and there were a couple of salesman there. I am not expecting any royal treatment from them, but to my suprise none of the salesman even approached me and ask if i need any help. After 15 minutes, i went back to my porsche and left. The experiences that i had with my porsche dealer was top notch! They took care of me the minute i drove into the dealership.

Also I had the same experience with SCBMW back in 2004 when i was looking to buy the new 5 series.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #15
eldo33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i B. Red/Terra

Garage List
2006 325i  [8.00]
From my experience and preferences, I would schedule with meeting with my fleet/internet manager before I come if I want to test drive something. If I just want to browse around then I don't schedule an appointment. I don't deal with salemen anymore, it's a waste of time.

PS...I bought my car there a year ago and had a good experienced.

2013 E350 - Wife
2013 GLK 4Matic - The Family
2006 BMW E90 325i - Self
Appreciate 0