E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Do NOT buy LED angel eyes from Burger Motorsports

09-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #23
Escay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Pedal Powered Bicycle

I always wanted to use this

BMS is great, most of the board will vouch for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #24
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

imo I would take him up on the exchange... chances of it happening twice?? not to high....

maybe its that one broken egg in the basket... I wouldn't rule out BMS as yet... I personally have not bought anything from them as yet and not really intending to unless something really gets my attention... (prob because it might cost me the same thing here in Canada when you calculate the shipping and the duties)
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #25
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

One of a few scenarios here...
1-trolling against bms making a bs story to try to scare off people from buying angel eyes or bms products.
2-install error
3-that car has electrical issues and he has the only BMW on the planet that has angel eyes connected to tpms

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #26
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by galahad05 View Post
I have the LED angel eyes on my '07 sedan. No issues.

Though it ended up being the most over-the-top insanely more-difficult-than-expected pain in the a$$ to install these things. 100% to do with the nearly-impossible location of these things in the '07 e90. Took me 5 hours.
Say wha?

Took me 45 minutes for the first and 20 for the second on my 07 E90

Also, haven't bought anything driectly from BMS but have a few of their products and all are great. Why wouldn't you at least try the exchange?
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #27
loobie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

the way bmw electrical systems work you need to be careful with any aftermarket electronics. on my x5 led license bulbs killed radio reception and a dice ipod adapter failed and put it in dash Christmas tree mode
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #28
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

Heck Ive emailed Terry on a holiday at 12am and got a response withing a few hours. This is not a joke its true, 4th of July I asked a few questions, 1am that night so technically 5th of July at that time I had my answers. I know all business have a hiccup every now and then but this does not sound like BMS to me. I have more parts on order this weekend to them as well. Terry again keeps me up to date on how and what to do with my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #29
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Correlation is not causal. BTW...I have purchased a few things from BMS and never had any issues. It's a shame, if you are not not trolling, that you will not buy anything else from BMS b/c they have some very nice mods.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #30
Built My Way
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: ...when not replacing gaskets

Garage List
OP, I think you're going off half cocked here. Did you try reinstalling the original units each side one at a time to test for a malfunction? I think you should have asked us for advice before approaching Burger.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #31
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

I've never bought anything from BMS yet.
You had issues with that part, it might be an isolated problem.
The guy agrees to replace those lights, so whats the big deal. Get the new lights and try them out. If that part also throws the same error, then you should go after them.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #32
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

For those who are saying that this is unlikely or impossible. A poorly designed LED bulb will create tons of electromagnetic interfeerence which will mess with any radio waves in the vehicle, such as AM/FM/Satalite/Cellular and TPMS sensors. This is a well known issue with our cars and cheap LED Angel Eyes that has been reported many times before.

The OP was sold a product that has a flawed design and could have potentially cost him $10,000 in repair bills, which I'm sure he has a huge paper trail for.

A poorly designed product like this shouldn't be sold in the first place, there used to be several angel eyes out there that cause EM interfeerence in the early days (usually causing radio reception issues) and it's a very well known issue with our cars that only the most basic products fail to address, at least until the customers report back issues like this.

If the seller stands by their product the OP deserves a refund and the product needs a redesign.

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER

Last edited by Legion5; 09-07-2012 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #33
srh335xi
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

Obviously a BS troll, what dealer anywhere would spend all that time/money "throwing parts at his car" and then not charge him anything even after they found out it was an aftermarket mod that apparently caused the problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #34
Ch0zen
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Okay... this freaks me out a bit because i just changed my Angel Eyes last weekend to the highperformane 20 Watt CREE LED H8 ones and have the TPM error as well.

I figure it as me not plugging something back in correctly and didn't want to take the wheel well back off again till till i get my other bulbs to install. Once i do i'll report back with what i find.

I really hope this is just something stupid on my part in not plugging the TPM back in
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #35
galahad05
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post
Say wha?

Took me 45 minutes for the first and 20 for the second on my 07 E90

Also, haven't bought anything driectly from BMS but have a few of their products and all are great. Why wouldn't you at least try the exchange?
I'm telling you man. That little "access door" thing in the wheel wells is a joke. Could barely get my hand through there, let alone remove and install the H8s/LEDs.

I ended up, I kid you not, with the front of the car jacked up (twice, one for each side), fender wheel well covers off, WHEELS off, front underbody tray off. And I still had some problems getting to the things.
      09-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #36
Ch0zen
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by galahad05 View Post
I'm telling you man. That little "access door" thing in the wheel wells is a joke. Could barely get my hand through there, let alone remove and install the H8s/LEDs.

I ended up, I kid you not, with the front of the car jacked up (twice, one for each side), fender wheel well covers off, WHEELS off, front underbody tray off. And I still had some problems getting to the things.
I ended up taking out the headlights completely to install my Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #37
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

Comment from BMS?
      09-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #38
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatADream View Post
Hey guys,

I am new here, and I know, I haven't earned my stripes yet. I previously was a VW/Audi owner and loved to mod.

I finally decided to make the switch to BMW 335i Sedan 09' Sexy car indeed!

anyhow, back to my point.
TO celebrate my new purchase, I bought LED angel eye upgraded lights from Burger Motorsports. I got the item and installed it. 1 mile of driving, a TPM malfunction light goes on.
I figured thats weird, the head lights cant possibly have any relation to the TPM malfunctioning. I called Terry from Burger, and he confirmed that there was no way.
OK, so the dealership I go...
2 weeks in, BMW cant figure out the problem, and opened a Puma Case. BMW was stumped and was litterally throwing parts at it (brakes, rotors, TPM sensors, wiring harnesses, etc...)
im furious because this is my new BMW and I've never had this kind of problem before in my other German cars.
I joked with my advisor and mentioned I changed the angel eyes to the LED ones. They were desperate for answers, so they replaced them with the factory ones and POOF the problem was solved! LUCKILY, my advisor was cool, and didn't charge me for the parts or hours invested since my modification was the cause of the problem.

Ok, fine, I email Terry at Burger Motorsports, and ask for a refund politely. What do I get...
"NO REFUNDS, however; I will replace it with another LED light"
HAHAHA!! WTF?! why would I want another Piece of crap product that causes TPM malfunction problems.
I have NEVER had such bad service. I am just venting, thanks for listening.
I am sure they have other great products, but they just lost me as a future customer.

Piece out guys~
OP sorry to hear about your problem. I asked BMS and they said you reported to them that your dealership told you the LED lights were causing a TPMS light. Which, by any account is not possible. There are literally tens of thousands of LEDs angel eyes in use and I've never heard of any TPMS correlation. They are completely separate systems and the TPMS system is in the trunk. But despite your ridiculous claim BMS offered to replace the lights with new ones for you or let you return them for a store credit so you could pick something else from the store.

It seems you are being exceptionally unreasonable making a hater thread like this, in my opinion.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #39
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
BMS LED AE's have been in my car for nearly 2 years now, one of my first mods. Never a single error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
For those who are saying that this is unlikely or impossible. A poorly designed LED bulb will create tons of electromagnetic interfeerence which will mess with any radio waves in the vehicle, such as AM/FM/Satalite/Cellular and TPMS sensors. This is a well known issue with our cars and cheap LED Angel Eyes that has been reported many times before.

The OP was sold a product that has a flawed design and could have potentially cost him $10,000 in repair bills, which I'm sure he has a huge paper trail for.

A poorly designed product like this shouldn't be sold in the first place, there used to be several angel eyes out there that cause EM interfeerence in the early days (usually causing radio reception issues) and it's a very well known issue with our cars that only the most basic products fail to address, at least until the customers report back issues like this.

If the seller stands by their product the OP deserves a refund and the product needs a redesign.
Do you have anything to back up that statement?
      09-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #40
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

you know, i was just having this problem myself. But I bought mine from a different company which i won't bash. But my tpms sensor went off after installing the angel eyes. I brought it to the dealer and they said one of the tpms was inactive and needed to be changed. I changed it, and nothing, it was still broke. They then said maybe its the main unit for the tpms and wanted to test that but it was a $100 diagnostic fee so I decided agasint it atm and I'm going to go home and replace the bulbs with the stock and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #41
WhatADream
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan 09'

I actually took pics for proof. Dont mind the license plate. I bought this Pre Owned at a Steal of a price. BMW concluded it was the electronic frequency interference. Sad how Terry doesn't Stand behind his products with full refund.

Installing

Installed. Looks Good.

Which caused this! TPM. Does not look good.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #42
WhatADream
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTZ1010 View Post
must be coincidental you only have two posts, joined this month, and are bashing BMS.
Im a Car enthusiast. I just purchased this car, and got this as my first mod. It turned out bad, fine. Give me a refund.
I am making sure any other enthusiasts don't fall into the same trap.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #43
WhatADream
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
Alright you had a bad experience with a product, everyone does since not all items are always going to work properly so that doesn't entitle you to rant and bash on BMS when Terry did his best by offering you a replacement for the LED AE which you could of taken and sell them brand new on these forums just to get back the money you lost, instead you waste your time with a review on a vendor that has a good reputation amongst us.

Next time, think it through before ranting to these forums.

P.S. I never bought anything from BMS so this is from a neutral point of view.
Im not saying all of their products are bad. Im saying the way they are not refunding me for a product that could have potentially cost me a LOT of $$ is insane! These types of events cause a huge loss in credibility, and its people like us that make sure the free market has its balance.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #44
WhatADream
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmo24 View Post
One of a few scenarios here...
1-trolling against bms making a bs story to try to scare off people from buying angel eyes or bms products.
2-install error
3-that car has electrical issues and he has the only BMW on the planet that has angel eyes connected to tpms
Dude, I have better things to do with my life than troll around. Im am only informing you all. Take it as you want.
Coincidence or not. I put them in, TPM comes on. I take them out, TPM goes away.
Appreciate 0