E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > COBB AccessPORT for the 2011 BMW 135, 335i and 335xi

01-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #199
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard29 View Post
Finally got my accesstuner to work on Friday night. Nice improvements on running stage 1+ aggressive, I am running that tune with my akrapovic full exhaust and a K&N drop in filter. Noticable gains, dbw delay is much improved, car is pulling much harder now.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #200
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Has anyone been through a significant PUMA case with the COBB? I'm seriously considering moving to it but am questioning just how invisible it is. With a JB4, I understand that it is literally invisible to the dealer and BMW NA because the ECU never actually sees boost values or data outside of the normal range. Even if there is an uneraseable ROM or un-clearable code, there would be nothing suspicious to see since the JB4 would intercept the ECU signals and make everything appear normal to the black box. With an ECU flash, this may not be the case - even if there is a flash counter and the ECU logs that it's been flashed not at a dealer, that may be cause for a warranty void.

Has anyone actually been through a PUMA case for something like turbo replacement or injector replacement with the COBB in?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #201
KG3356MT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Xdrive M Sport

Any ETA when the Cobb tune will be available for 2013 N55 E92 335i? I had an AP for my n54 and I loved it.
      01-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #202
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hey guys, we're hard at work on lots of new stuff. Stage 1+ and Stage 2 maps will be out very shortly. We're also working on support for more model years. If you have a 2012 and want to verify if you DME is supported, shoot me a PM with the last 7 digits of your vin. New roms are still coming in, so you may need to wait a few days for support, but I can at least check and make sure you have a suitable DME.

We're still in beta for the N55, but I'm adding support daily.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #203
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Man, I can't wait for e85 gas maps and that is when I am switching over. I hope it's soon :-)

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #204
zackf80m
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2011 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Hey guys, we're hard at work on lots of new stuff. Stage 1+ and Stage 2 maps will be out very shortly. We're also working on support for more model years. If you have a 2012 and want to verify if you DME is supported, shoot me a PM with the last 7 digits of your vin. New roms are still coming in, so you may need to wait a few days for support, but I can at least check and make sure you have a suitable DME.

-Josh
Yesss!!! as soon as the dp maps are available i'm buying!

Last edited by zackf80m; 02-02-2013 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #205
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Thanks for the update Josh.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #206
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #207
turugara
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [9.44]
I'm excited for Pro Tuning for n55. I hope it comes out soon =)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #208
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara
I'm excited for Pro Tuning for n55. I hope it comes out soon =)
Me too, let's get this thing going
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #209
jsaps
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive LCI MSport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3
Has anyone been through a significant PUMA case with the COBB? I'm seriously considering moving to it but am questioning just how invisible it is. With a JB4, I understand that it is literally invisible to the dealer and BMW NA because the ECU never actually sees boost values or data outside of the normal range. Even if there is an uneraseable ROM or un-clearable code, there would be nothing suspicious to see since the JB4 would intercept the ECU signals and make everything appear normal to the black box. With an ECU flash, this may not be the case - even if there is a flash counter and the ECU logs that it's been flashed not at a dealer, that may be cause for a warranty void.

Has anyone actually been through a PUMA case for something like turbo replacement or injector replacement with the COBB in?
Bump would love to hear some people's response to this comment.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #210
Josh5442
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsaps View Post
Bump would love to hear some people's response to this comment.
I'd like to know as well. That's the only thing (besides DP support) that keeps me from tuning it.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #211
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Honestly I doubt anyone has gone through a puma case with a n55 engine. So waiting for an answer on this question may take a while or never.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #212
Josh5442
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
Honestly I doubt anyone has gone through a puma case with a n55 engine. So waiting for an answer on this question may take a while or never.
I'm more curious if the tune is detectable or not. I haven't had the best track record with BMWs, seems like I'm always in for one service or another.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #213
ze_german
Autobahn Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 N55 6MT Msport

Garage List
Same here. I would like to know if the flash can be detected by the dealer. I'm still in my factory warranty.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #214
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Hey guys, I wanted to give everyone a head's up. During testing of an older rom this week, we've found an issue with some of BMW's DME code. This code can cause a serious issue while flashing and could possibly leave the car inoperable. The team and myself worked very hard to find this issue, it's root cause, and create a solution for everyone. I put the finishing touches on some new firmware this evening and we'll run it through final testing next week.

Because, of this issue, please do NOT flash your vehicle at his time if you have a 9780B or 96A0B rom.

There are only a few of you with these roms (they are a very early revision) and most if not all should have received an email from us regarding the issue. I just wanted to post here as well to make sure everyone knows. We haven't seen a failure in the field, but we want to make sure that this is not an issue for anyone.

If you do have one of the bad roms, we will let you know when the fw fix is released and you will then be able to safely uninstall your AP. At the point, you'll just need to go to your dealer and get your DME updated to a later rom revision that does not have the bug. Once this is done, you can install the Accessport to enjoy your added power again!

In the future we will not support any 96A0B or 9780B roms as the code is too volatile. These roms have been updated by BMW for a reason and the new roms seem to be a much better running tune as well (even stock).

As always, you can contact us about any questions you might have by replying to this email, emailing support@cobbtuning.com, or calling us at 866-922-3059. We appreciate your patience and understanding with this issue.

Also, feel free to PM or email me directly if you have any questions or concerns.
josh.dankel@cobbtuning.com

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 04:25 AM   #215
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Hey guys, I wanted to give everyone a head's up. During testing of an older rom this week, we've found an issue with some of BMW's DME code. This code can cause a serious issue while flashing and could possibly leave the car inoperable. The team and myself worked very hard to find this issue, it's root cause, and create a solution for everyone. I put the finishing touches on some new firmware this evening and we'll run it through final testing next week.

Because, of this issue, please do NOT flash your vehicle at his time if you have a 9780B or 96A0B rom.

There are only a few of you with these roms (they are a very early revision) and most if not all should have received an email from us regarding the issue. I just wanted to post here as well to make sure everyone knows. We haven't seen a failure in the field, but we want to make sure that this is not an issue for anyone.

If you do have one of the bad roms, we will let you know when the fw fix is released and you will then be able to safely uninstall your AP. At the point, you'll just need to go to your dealer and get your DME updated to a later rom revision that does not have the bug. Once this is done, you can install the Accessport to enjoy your added power again!

In the future we will not support any 96A0B or 9780B roms as the code is too volatile. These roms have been updated by BMW for a reason and the new roms seem to be a much better running tune as well (even stock).

As always, you can contact us about any questions you might have by replying to this email, emailing support@cobbtuning.com, or calling us at 866-922-3059. We appreciate your patience and understanding with this issue.

Also, feel free to PM or email me directly if you have any questions or concerns.

-Josh
Josh, I have the 9780B rom and flashed my car way back when it was first available. Everything seems to be fine though... Are you saying I need to uninstall it only when there is a fix and get my DME updated?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #216
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Josh, I have the 9780B rom and flashed my car way back when it was first available. Everything seems to be fine though... Are you saying I need to uninstall it only when there is a fix and get my DME updated?
Yes, that will be the safest option. For now, just keep whatever map is already installed and you'll be fine. I'll let you guys know when the new firmware goes out. At that point, you'll want to update the AP, then uninstall, then get an update from the dealer.

We've seen zero issues in the field so far, but I just want to play it safe.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #217
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Yes, that will be the safest option. For now, just keep whatever map is already installed and you'll be fine. I'll let you guys know when the new firmware goes out. At that point, you'll want to update the AP, then uninstall, then get an update from the dealer.

We've seen zero issues in the field so far, but I just want to play it safe.
great thanks, i'll keep watching this thread because I didn't get an email from you about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #218
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
great thanks, i'll keep watching this thread because I didn't get an email from you about it.
Send me an email directly and I'll make sure you get added to the list.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #219
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:

-Josh
You said you have found an issue with some of BMWs DME code.
Does it apply to 135i also? I think its the same n55 engine, am i right? You didnt post this in 1 addict section, so
just want to make sure before i order the tune, since my car was built in march of 2010. One of the first ones.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #220
Ranoz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 DSCLOL

I've got 9780B ROM and my car was built in Jan 2011. I will try to update my ROM, but does it have to be the most updated version? Or apart from those two bad versions, anything is newer would be fine?
JB4 | Fie Cattless DP| Vorsteiner Diffuser | Black Grill | LED Parking Light | 15% Tint | M Spoiler | Black Side Grill | LED Number Plate Light | M Floor Mat | CF Knob | CF Centre Console Trim | Handbrake Grip with Alcantara | ADV1 5.0v1cs 20"
Appreciate 0