E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Sub woofers Cutting Out

01-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Kafer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i

Sub woofers Cutting Out

I recently had my stereo replaced on my 2011 328xi with HiFi due to various issues with it. The first problem was the radio would sound like garble on occasion so the dealer did a software update to fix it. After the software update, on occasion there wouldn't be any sound at all (radio, CD, Ipod even warning chimes!) so they decided to replace the whole headunit.

Now it appears that the the sub woofers are cutting out. Most of the time it's okay and there is ample bass, but on occasion the sound is completely flat. A few times I've suddenly felt the bass kick in halfway through a song. I'm wondering if there might be a loose connection somewhere. Could anyone guide me on where to check the wiring for the subs? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
There is an amp in the rear, driver's side trunk area.

Lift up the plastic cover....it's held in by clips. Then you ave access to the harness. Unless the wires are loose in the harness, you may have another problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Do you have the 6fl ipod adapter? To be honest, the quality of the wire that's needed to use the ipod sucks. I am always fiddling with it to get the sound to be correct. It drives me insane. I can't wait to upgrade to combox and CIC so that I never have to use that stupid wire again.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0