E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Hi all new member intro

07-12-2015, 03:44 AM   #23
Mayuri Krab
The Cheap Arse Asian
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & R33 Skyline GTS-T

Someone else with a 335i Sedan

I was getting pretty tired of seeing pretty much only E92s 335is all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadyllo View Post
I have a 2008 335i M sport, mods so far are only jb4 and high flowed turbos (due to them dying from waste gate rattle at only 55klms)
Did your start getting pressure too low error codes? If so how long did the turbos last while they were rattling before the dreaded error codes started poping up?

My turbos have being rattling ever since I got my mods installed (pretty sure they were rattling before, but the stock tune and DPs does a very good job of masking the issue), that was almost a year ago and I've done over 10,000km since then with them rattling and wonder what the life span of rattling turbos are?

Plan on doing a 2000km road trip in August, don't want to be getting error codes 1/2 way there...

93 R33 Skyline GTS-T |SAFC-II piggyback|3" Turbo Back Exhaust + Highflow Cat|FMIC|Boost Tee|Apexi POD| Shitty Chinese spec tires = sideways action everywhere
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 04:55 AM   #24
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayuri Krab View Post

Someone else with a 335i Sedan

I was getting pretty tired of seeing pretty much only E92s 335is all the time

Did your start getting pressure too low error codes? If so how long did the turbos last while they were rattling before the dreaded error codes started poping up?

My turbos have being rattling ever since I got my mods installed (pretty sure they were rattling before, but the stock tune and DPs does a very good job of masking the issue), that was almost a year ago and I've done over 10,000km since then with them rattling and wonder what the life span of rattling turbos are?

Plan on doing a 2000km road trip in August, don't want to be getting error codes 1/2 way there...
Hi Mayuri Crab

The rattle was there for at a guess 6 months, it wasn't shooting codes untill near the end when it would go into limb mode when I was pushing it. But I could still drive after the problem just had to take it a little easier.

Cheers

Dyll
Appreciate 0