E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Manhattan, NY...Stay away!!

09-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Pele96
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i 6MT

BMW of Manhattan, NY...Stay away!!

Just an FYI guys stay away from BMW of Manhattan. I did not have a good experience with them. Tried to price out 09 and 10 335i sedans and we I asked for a breakdown of the price like cap cost and so on I got the continue run around.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
ya BMW of Manhattan sucks
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Good to know..thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
bknight
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M Competition

they have a huge captive market of people who don't care to shop around
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Stay away from the service dept too.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
gdspshing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele96 View Post
Just an FYI guys stay away from BMW of Manhattan. I did not have a good experience with them. Tried to price out 09 and 10 335i sedans and we I asked for a breakdown of the price like cap cost and so on I got the continue run around.
what's wrong with that, and who did you talk with?

Lease Assumption/Takeover for AW E92 335i MSPORT

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396119
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

I bought a 2007 335i from BMW of Manhattan, which was bad enough experience... but then after...service was the worst one can ever imagine. There wasn't anything they could fix, seriously. Just for instance,- my 335i had "engine malfunction"...took many visits to service/fix problem and each time they work on car for couple of days and then they say it's fixed, and as I drive problem comes back. So, eventually I go to "Life Quality BMW" which I heard was soo bad too, but I've never been there before, so I figure BMW of Manhattan not able to fix problem so I'm willing to take my chances in Brooklyn. So, there in Brooklyn they fix the "engine malfunction" error in just few hours NO BS... I asked them what was throwing the error, and they said it just was Bad Solenoid, and BMW of Manhattan didn't perform the right test, which is,- Locate faulty solenoid, then switch places bad solenoid with good one and good one with bad one and if the bad one still shows error,-just replace it- problem solved. How easy was that? BMW of Manhattan could never fix such easy error! LOL.

Also, I made huge mistake at one point in regards to some other disagreement with SA BMW of Manhattan, I made a phone call to BMWNA (as I was supposed to), and ofcourse BMWNA only does mediations, negotiations etc,. so BMWNA takes my complaint, and calls BMW of Manhattan to mediate my problem... and BMW of Manhattan gets soooo pissed that I did that... their SA calls me on my cell phone and tells me not to bring my car in because they will not service it anymore. So I got "black listed" for complaining to BMWNA... although I bought the car from them and entitled for "loaner", now I'm kicked out because I'm liability to their getting bonuses etc,. Now I have to travel distances to service the car and I won't get a loaner in that other place... how ironic is that? But I don't care... I get much better service in Brooklyn now.

BMW of Manhattan is the Biggest BMW dealer in the country and services more than 200 cars a day! So, they don't have time for your car, thats why they make mistakes... thats why you could get "black listed" (they have plenty of other suckers and don't need you) ... thats why you won't get good $$$ deal on your car (they sell plenty cars and can afford not to sell one to you).

...and this isn't a rant.
      01-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele96 View Post
I was able to get "flat deal" "at cost" "dealers invoice" price on '09 M3 in September, at Life Quality BMW in Bay Ridge Brooklyn. They are thieves there too, but they were desperate for sale that day, so when I slapped them with invoice from www.truecar.com they gave me the deal I wanted, which was dealers invoice

P.S. couldn't do this trick at BMW of manhattan...they just wouldn't bulge, so i had to walk out and drive 20 minutes to Brooklyn... saved myself about $4k in just half hour!
      01-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimabimmer View Post
I bought a 2007 335i from BMW of Manhattan, which was bad enough experience... but then after...service was the worst one can ever imagine. There wasn't anything they could fix, seriously. Just for instance,- my 335i had "engine malfunction"...took many visits to service/fix problem and each time they work on car for couple of days and then they say it's fixed, and as I drive problem comes back. So, eventually I go to "Life Quality BMW" which I heard was soo bad too, but I've never been there before, so I figure BMW of Manhattan not able to fix problem so I'm willing to take my chances in Brooklyn. So, there in Brooklyn they fix the "engine malfunction" error in just few hours NO BS... I asked them what was throwing the error, and they said it just was Bad Solenoid, and BMW of Manhattan didn't perform the right test, which is,- Locate faulty solenoid, then switch places bad solenoid with good one and good one with bad one and if the bad one still shows error,-just replace it- problem solved. How easy was that? BMW of Manhattan could never fix such easy error! LOL.

Also, I made huge mistake at one point in regards to some other disagreement with SA BMW of Manhattan, I made a phone call to BMWNA (as I was supposed to), and ofcourse BMWNA only does mediations, negotiations etc,. so BMWNA takes my complaint, and calls BMW of Manhattan to mediate my problem... and BMW of Manhattan gets soooo pissed that I did that... their SA calls me on my cell phone and tells me not to bring my car in because they will not service it anymore. So I got "black listed" for complaining to BMWNA... although I bought the car from them and entitled for "loaner", now I'm kicked out because I'm liability to their getting bonuses etc,. Now I have to travel distances to service the car and I won't get a loaner in that other place... how ironic is that? But I don't care... I get much better service in Brooklyn now.

BMW of Manhattan is the Biggest BMW dealer in the country and services more than 200 cars a day! So, they don't have time for your car, thats why they make mistakes... thats why you could get "black listed" (they have plenty of other suckers and don't need you) ... thats why you won't get good $$$ deal on your car (they sell plenty cars and can afford not to sell one to you).

...and this isn't a rant.
Damn, what a bunch of ass lickers.
      03-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #10
jane
Rep
Drives: 330xi 06

Manhattan BMW

Are puddles of leaking oil a normal part of the BMW experience?
Manhattan BMW claimed there was nothing wrong with the car when we brought it in so did not do any repairs. Not sure how to proceed -- place a bucket under the vehicle, videotape the drip, and show it to them as evidence??

It's like pulling teeth to get them to do what they are obligated to do.

I compare my experience with Manhattan BMW and Rallye with my sister's experience at Manhattan Mercedes -- I am not a huge Mercedes fan but I have to say that their service dept is always first-rate -- sis has been dealing with them for many yrs. They take their feedback very seriously -- prompt follow-up calls -- very eager to please. They truly want the customer to be completely satisfied. Thorough interior/exterior cleaning standard for service visits. Manhattan Mercedes is owned by the manufacturer (might be the only manufacturer-owned dealer), which might be one of the reasons for AAA service.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 07:24 AM   #11
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

BMW of Manhattan is owned by BMW... one of the few dealerships in the USA actually is. Rallye is worse. They are a supermarket for cars. They quoted me $1385 per month for a 35i X6.. I went to the BMW of manhattan on Wall st, and got them down to $989 per month for a 50i X6. $0 down. They even took back my 335 2 months early on a lease without any penalty. Rallye told me to f*&^ off. I even had the salesman tell me, "Well if you can't afford it, maybe you should be looking at a different car." When does that ever work? I called the manager after I left and explained to him what his salesman said. And that he lost my business and my parents business on that alone. Have not bought a car from Rallye since.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #12
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 35i / '13 S5

Hmmm Guess I'm one of the few that' actually hasn't had any problems from BMW of Manhattan yet. Had the Car since June '09. I've taken it in twice for service and both times had a good experience (then again I was in my military uniform both times, but I don't know if that made a difference). I'm taking my car in on wednesday for the Jolt and Delay issue, as well as long cranks and a leak on my Driver Side rear wheel, I will be going in uniform as usual, so we'll see what they say... If they give me crap, then I guess I'll be reporting on it, but if not, I'll let you know...

BMW X5 35i: Boopie Exhaust & Intercooler, K&N Drop in Filter, JB3 (3+ psi)
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #13
FJc335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: platinum bronze e92

Strange, my friend works there, and i've gotten both of my bimmers there. Service was excellent, took really good care of me.

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 12:43 AM   #14
jane
Rep
Drives: 330xi 06

BMW Manhattan is owned by BMW!!???????
Wow.
Never would have guessed...
Despite their failure to fix the oil leak and giving them a negative review, they did not even follow-up with a quick phone call.
Is it possible to be "blacklisted" and not be aware of it?

I want a friend in the biz. too!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 05:14 AM   #15
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

BMW Manhattan is the worst....really really is.

Reco. BMW Park Ave. - fantastic experience and service.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #16
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Well just dropped off my vehicle at BMW of Manhattan, they gave me a 328i for a loaner Great car, but lousy on the acceleration... I'll do a review later today or tomorrow.

But besides that, they told me it would take a day or two to fix the long crank issue, and the jolt and delay issue i'm having. Guess they are going to do a software update... We'll see. I also gave them a recording of my long cranks, so it's not like I making the stuff up.

Anyway, they were very respectful and made it seem like they wanted my business... (Guess being in uniform helped a little). So far they are still good in my book, but that could change, depending on how the service on the car goes

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #17
serg1282
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: through

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
BMW Manhattan is the worst....really really is.

Reco. BMW Park Ave. - fantastic experience and service.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #18
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Well, Im sitting at Day 4 (of the car being at dealership, it's really been 5 days, but whatever)... Still have the 328i loaner, and I just got a call from the dealership. They replaced the HPFP, and are updating the software to the latest and greatest... It will be ready for me tomorrow... So i will be the naysayer, but BMW of Manhattan is alright in my book, they done right by me so far. Not sure why so many people have problems with them

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #19
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Just because one person has a bad experience doesn't mean everyone does. Think about how many cars are serviced at BMW of Manhattan. They don't have time to thoroughly check every car. They look at the what the customer provided/complains about and try to resolve it. Also these problems aren't always consistent. A BMW mechanic would have to drive it around to notice it. Do you want your dealership to drive your car around just to diagnose errors? If you don't like a certain dealership go to another one, one that is less busy. It's one thing to tell people about a bad experience but don't put the whole dealership down just because you weren't happy with the service. This goes for this whole subforum. Not just this thread. BMW of Manhattan isn't perfect nor is any other dealership. There will be haters and lovers at each. Yes there are dealers that have more frequent complaints than others. I hear people complain about my dealer, Morristown, all the time. I have never had a bad experience. My family has had 5 BMW from them, all new. Move on.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #20
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
they have a huge captive market of people who don't care to shop around
captive and huge. they have no incentive not to suck.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #21
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Think about how many cars are serviced at BMW of Manhattan. They don't have time to thoroughly check every car. They look at the what the customer provided/complains about and try to resolve it. Also these problems aren't always consistent. A BMW mechanic would have to drive it around to notice it.
Which calls into question exactly what sort of service they provide: 1) the kind that properly diagnoses and fixes problems or 2) the kind that does not

If you aren't type 1 then you aren't servicing the vehicles you're just scamming the customers. That's exactly why I would not go there.

Park Ave BMW FTW
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #22
Carmine85
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Had a horrible experience with their service department Wouldn't give them a dime of my money ever again....

YEAH?
Appreciate 0