E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Would you pay??

08-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #23
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Did you get a shipping quote before you placed your first bid?

I sold a bike recently and said Mainland UK and got someone from N.I buy it.
They insisted that they were in mainland UK, and only agreed that maybe they were not after 24 hours.
I then got a shipping price of £52 for it to be shipped fully insured, which they were not happy with. This also meant I had to go to staples and buy £30 worth of bubble wrap and get a bike box from a local bike shop. A lot of hassle for me.

In the end they were chuffed to bits with the bike, but had said they wanted to cancel the purchase after I had shipped it, which put me into a bit of a panic as the bike was over a grand, but I think they got cold feet.

So, you have to see it from both sides.

And being ripped off before has fuck all to do with this transaction.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 02:54 AM   #24
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Thanks for all the responses.

I've given this lots of thought and have considered all that has been said. The more i think about this is the more i feel assured that paying the guy is the right thing to do and more so what i actually do want to do!

I only started questioning the extra payment after paypal advised and in reality i shouldn't have. Yes the guy cocked up but fair is fair! As stated previous experiences has 'fuck all' to do with this one.
Payment will be made once the item arrives and all it well.
Thanks again!
Appreciate 0