E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AFE Stage 2 Intake

11-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

AFE Stage 2 Intake

So I just installed it last night and took it for a couple of runs. This morning, on the way to work I floored it a couple of times to overtake. After being a previous owner of a BMS Filter system and using different kinds of stock replacement filter elements, this one works the best thus far

Fit and finish is quite good and the quality of the materials used is very nice.
I may add the intake scoops later on down the road as they might make a bit of a difference as well. Anyone please feel free to chime in on this.

From about 3300 to 4100 rpm, then when I floor it, the surge usually get has increased slightly. Quite nice I have no other modifications on my car other than the "golf-tee mod" on the rear muffler.
      11-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
I can't see the pictures.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
Penn999
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Well you probably arent reaping any of the benefits of the intake until you are chipped. You simply dont need that much volume of air until you raise the boost. You probably lost a couple horses. IAT's will be slightly higher than with the stock air box. The butt dyno is fooling you. I would look into buying a tune.
07' MT, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance LED Steering Wheel, HPF FMIC, AA BOV, HPF Exhaust, DCI, Procede V5, AR Stage 1 oil cooler, AR OCC, AR CL DP's, Vishnu Meth Kit, UUC SSK+DSSR, UUC Shift knob, (19 inch)VMR V715's/Yokohama Advan AD08's, Hartge Pedals and Floor Mats. Awaiting Install: M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, Full M3 suspension bits, AST 4100's, DSS axles. Future plans: Vishnu Single turbo kit
Appreciate 0