E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > P 5UML - The E39 Completed Exterior Pics Pg.2

08-25-2015, 08:36 AM   #45
AzRiz
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LE500

I saw this for the first time at Gaydon and damn does it have presence. Love the car, especially the wheels I think, they look insane!

Progress Thread | Instagram: @azriz
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 12:37 PM   #46
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I knew you'd smack it bro! Vision is domething u have! Looks gorgeous!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 01:40 PM   #47
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

You've made some brave decisions Sumil re what you've done. Purists will of course argue but in an age wher so many of these car are now being neglected this is one car that's turned this common trait on its head.

I for one love to see these older cars on thevroad we see a few in fir servicing and it's good to see them out and about.

Re whst you've done with yours IMO it's a brave shout but one that with the detailing applied seems to gel so well.

The bonnets the first thing that struck me, very individual, front bumper as you've stated mirrors your past E92 and is something I've done with my current E92 and my previous E46, the rear boot lid looks subtle and suits the car rather well, correct me if I'm wrong but was it a complete CSL boot lid or did you buy a CSL spoiler and graft it on to the OEM boot lid like I did with my E46?

As for the wheels

Modding is a very individual thing and this is as individual as they come and I love it
      08-25-2015, 03:53 PM   #48
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Saw this at Gaydon the other day. Big respect. I can't believe how fast you turned this around, it only feels like a few months ago you finished the e92!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 04:08 PM   #49
bytejunkie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive M Sport

dont comment on build threads often, but i love everything you've done to this car. especially the head lights. you done that yourself or been working with NEM? theyve got some wacky lamps on show on instagram.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #50
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I do genuinely love the sleekness of this. It's my kind of modding where apart from the rims, the other mods are quite subtle and genuinely don't look out of the place from a genuine BMW variant. Nice one and glad you made it to the show lol.

Last edited by RajB; 08-26-2015 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 06:33 PM   #51
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Love it. You've succesfully modernised the car. Very sleek. Im suprised at myself that i like the red wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #52
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Fav part has to be the Dome and then wheels. I just love how GANGSTER an e39 can look with the right mods man. Some serious love for this and once again a vision which you have accomplished. Hats off once again!!

Last edited by AWBimmer; 08-26-2015 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #53
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhu1 View Post
That looks fantastic and very unique - I especially love the wheels

In all honesty, I am not a fan of the bootlid but thats just my opinion and i applaud you for doing something different!!

thanks bud! its a work in progress and still being tweeked so waiting for it to be finished still but i know what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalize View Post
It's all come together now.
it has indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
Car looks great... i think i prefer the old wheels though. I would love to get one these as a project, one of the best looking beemers ever!
thanks bud - old wheels are my winters

Quote:
Originally Posted by borinous View Post
do love this phase of 5-series. did prefer it on the old wheels but thats my personal preference. cant knock the work thats gone into the car does look great.
the Parallels are an awesome wheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Love ur wheels man, e39 unfortunately is a bit dated in design, fabulous mods but I don't believe you are getting the full return
full return? wasn't looking for an ROI but for less than 3k to buy this car with full electric leathers/heated/nav and an awesome engine im very pleased! everything else is just personal touches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Just awesome mate,, would not guess you could go from a old bomb to a show car but you are clearly some sort of mod genius... awesome
mod genius!!! now thats high praise thank you kind sir!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theivz View Post
honestly cannot express how much i love this car

the unique front bumper is a work of art. love the body work

the rims are just ridiculous - i want them NOW!! lol. radinox rims are beautiful too buddy

love the rgb angels too - where did you source them ... fancy having a go with my new motor?

whats the plan for the calipers (champagne perhaps?) and exhaust? hehe
haha thanks so much bro
the Radinox dishes really set the wheels off and they are so easy to maintain!
the lights are just red bulbs i sourced and do the trick! calipers are in a deep custom gold to match the bolts and exhaust - i sent you a vid clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRiz View Post
I saw this for the first time at Gaydon and damn does it have presence. Love the car, especially the wheels I think, they look insane!
thanks bro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
I knew you'd smack it bro! Vision is domething u have! Looks gorgeous!!!
we both have the vision and thats evident with how your car has turned out too bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
You've made some brave decisions Sumil re what you've done. Purists will of course argue but in an age wher so many of these car are now being neglected this is one car that's turned this common trait on its head.

I for one love to see these older cars on thevroad we see a few in fir servicing and it's good to see them out and about.

Re whst you've done with yours IMO it's a brave shout but one that with the detailing applied seems to gel so well.

The bonnets the first thing that struck me, very individual, front bumper as you've stated mirrors your past E92 and is something I've done with my current E92 and my previous E46, the rear boot lid looks subtle and suits the car rather well, correct me if I'm wrong but was it a complete CSL boot lid or did you buy a CSL spoiler and graft it on to the OEM boot lid like I did with my E46?

As for the wheels

Modding is a very individual thing and this is as individual as they come and I love it
wow thanks for the awesome feedback/comments
it was a lot of work and as Shaun stated it was all vision at first as i wanted to create that bonnet/bumper as i havent seen one like them yet
the bootlid is exactly how you said, seperate spoiler and graft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
Saw this at Gaydon the other day. Big respect. I can't believe how fast you turned this around, it only feels like a few months ago you finished the e92!
haha ist been in the body shop longer than i have owned it but very pleased with the results! thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytejunkie View Post
dont comment on build threads often, but i love everything you've done to this car. especially the head lights. you done that yourself or been working with NEM? theyve got some wacky lamps on show on instagram.
thank you kind sir, lights i done myself, i have seen NEM's work and its great but i thought i would tackle these myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
I do genuinely love the sleekness of this. It's my kind of modding where apart from the rims, the other mods are quite subtle and genuinely don't look out of the place from a genuine BMW variant. Nice one and glad you made it to the show lol.
subtle it what i was going for body wise, which is why i went a little loud on the wheels to bring it out there and they certainly attract attention lol
was touch and go making it to the show but got there in the end haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Love it. You've succesfully modernised the car. Very sleek. Im suprised at myself that i like the red wheels.
#winning lol, i honestly had no idea what other colour to do them and thought hey, strawberries go with Champagne - red it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Fav part has to be the Dome and then wheels. I just love how GANGSTER an e39 can look with the right mods man. Some serious love for this and once again a vision which you have accomplished. Hats off once again!!
thanks bro!!!!
      09-02-2015, 04:05 AM   #54
Jimmy-F46 M-sport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f46 220d msport, R56 Cooper s

I've always loved the E39, I think they are the meanest looking BMW to date and this one takes it too the next level 👍 Absolutely fantastic work bud
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #55
Jamie_E92
Captain
Rep
Drives: Phoenix yellow e92 325d

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Wow , this is an amazing build mate, you should be very proud! An excellent base aswell being a champagne.

Also, how much of a cnut is that Icekube guy? He's been on here since i used to have my e92 & trolled everyone's posts with his over opinionated posts, must live a pretty dull & soulless existence.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #56
AirAndre335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Pre Lci

F*** ME!

Shit looks hawt!

Great find and great finish! That interior looks so nice!
Powerdome looks gd!!! If it looks gd in pictures it would probably look better in person!

Your personal touches and ideas have come together very well!

When is the V10 Transplant happening
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:16 AM   #57
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

More pics!
      09-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #58
Digitalize
Photographer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D

Looked great at Players.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:37 AM   #59
JulesM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335d

That looks awesome, good work!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #60
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Does look good.

Between yours and my mates one, I'm starting to miss my e39!!

09-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #61
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw View Post
Does look good.

Between yours and my mates one, I'm starting to miss my e39!!

Your mates E39 rocks.... I absolutely DOTE on these custom made alpina wheels!!
      09-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #62
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Yes, they are rather tasty huh?!

Anyway....sorry...going OT!