E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Warning light combination = Limp mode

02-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
stormtrooper7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Warning light combination = Limp mode

So just this morning I get a few warning lights all at the same time. Check engine (both upper and lower), yellow emergency brake, and yellow traction control (exclamation inside a triangle inside circular arrows). I restarted the car and they went away for about 5 minutes and then came back. Restarted the car again and again they came back within a minute.

I just limped the car home and left it in the garage. It has been really cold here the last couple of days, -40 degrees with windchill, -26 without.

The dealer just did a diagnostic on the battery and found the battery safety terminal was faulty. It was replaced. I originally had it in for seatbelt and airbag light. This was a couple of weeks ago, and the last couple of days have been the coldest.

Should I just go ahead and change the battery?
Appreciate 0