E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > v2 datalog and run against VIP tuned 335

01-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #23
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
Thats Whats Bein Said But After Speaking With mike Today His Shit Was Half Assed And Not Finished, They Rushed Just To Make It To The Meet Today On Time.
Just curious, why are you capitalizing the first letter of every word?

And to be frank, from what I read of Mike's posts, I am not so sure he would know if it was half assed or not. Just an observation.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #24
AJayE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
if this makes you feel better about yourself i'll write like this.

and it was Jacque who does the work, not mike. Mike does marketing at VIP

[JBE92335i]www.youtube.com/italiombiano
[Black Dakota Leather] [ZSP] [ZPP] [AA Xede] [iconz 830Z] [9500i]
[CF Kidney Grilles] [CF Vorsteiner PD Hood] [M-tech Sides] [Custom AngelEyes]
[Aero Lip] [Painted Reflectors/lowergrilles] [AC/S Roof Spoiler]
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #25
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
if this makes you feel better about yourself i'll write like this.

and it was Jacque who does the work, not mike. Mike does marketing at VIP
Not a problem at all, just curious as I mentioned. It doesn't make me feel any different either way.

And glad to hear of the positions. However, Mike may want to have better judgement on what he posts considering his position.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #26
BoLaS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

whats up Ajay, umm they did run spray on the 11.2 pass, i believe it was a 75 shot, they don't want to publicize it for marketing purposes... I have my sources cool guys though!
      01-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #27
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Just curious, why are you capitalizing the first letter of every word?

And to be frank, from what I read of Mike's posts, I am not so sure he would know if it was half assed or not. Just an observation.
+1 mike was ranting about how fast it was compared to jb2h...
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #28
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Oh geez. Here we go again.

subscribing to see how this one pans out.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #29
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

I 100% believe he was running spray to get deep into the 11's.

and to the OP....good run and good idea getting out of there.
      01-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #30
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Mike's answer.

Can someone post back over there that my front O2 sensor is still bad (defective) and that it was changing up my AFR's so I was making like 6-8 PSI of boost down low running way rich and building up to 10 PSI up top.

Still waiting on an O2 sensor so my car can get back up and going again. I tried to tell him that my car wasn't running right because of the O2 sensor but I guess he didn't hear.

Yes, my exhaust is loud, I have straight pipes.

That M5 was modded and had at least exhaust. It was very loud as well.

I was dying to do some pulls against an M5 but I was upset my car isn't making great boost through the powerband because of O2 sensor & wide band. The first run was even and he pulled me a little bit...like a car, by 120. The second run he pulled me a few cars and then I shut down and left the scene. I had 2 people in the car and the M5 had one person, just the driver, in the car. I just need a freaggn' O2 sensor so I can tear it up.

Ask that V2 car how wicked my car sounds when I'm on it.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #31
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
Mike's answer.

Can someone post back over there that my front O2 sensor is still bad (defective) and that it was changing up my AFR's so I was making like 6-8 PSI of boost down low running way rich and building up to 10 PSI up top.

Still waiting on an O2 sensor so my car can get back up and going again. I tried to tell him that my car wasn't running right because of the O2 sensor but I guess he didn't hear.

Yes, my exhaust is loud, I have straight pipes.

That M5 was modded and had at least exhaust. It was very loud as well.

I was dying to do some pulls against an M5 but I was upset my car isn't making great boost through the powerband because of O2 sensor & wide band. The first run was even and he pulled me a little bit...like a car, by 120. The second run he pulled me a few cars and then I shut down and left the scene. I had 2 people in the car and the M5 had one person, just the driver, in the car. I just need a freaggn' O2 sensor so I can tear it up.

Ask that V2 car how wicked my car sounds when I'm on it.

Mike

OK, so now let me get this straight.
Mike's saying that his car is not running right and is only boosting 6-8 psi down low, and up to 10 psi peak up top.

And he wants us to believe he basically kept up (or only fell back a bit) against a V2 PROcede car (boosting 14.5+ psi) while only on 10 psi peak boost with a car that's not running well?

Am I understanding that correctly?
I'm just trying to keep all of VIP's claims straight.

1. 14 psi boost on their tuned Xede with DP's, CAI and some other minor go fast power mods gets a car that traps what was it again, around 120 mph with no spray?
2. With 14 psi boost on their tuned Xede, CAI, gutted DP's, straightpipe exhaust and a bad running car with bad O2 sensors that's really only boosting 10 psi max, you get a car that will trap in the 112-113 range to hang close to v2 PROcede only cars?

There must be something special in water at the VIP tuning shop, that's all I'm saying.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #32
sleepdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX DG/Blk

Mike's car does sound wicked, I have to say, very wicked. It was too loud for my taste, not a sleeper by any means, but to each his own.

I didn't want to start a flame thread. I just wanted to tell it like it happened. I was surprised at how even the run was at the time, since I figured his car was more heavily modded. Turns out it is...... Made me happy about my V2!

How bad was his car running? Who knows. Maybe his 02 sensor is messed up or whatever.....................
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #33
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
Mike's car does sound wicked, I have to say, very wicked. It was too loud for my taste, not a sleeper by any means, but to each his own.

I didn't want to start a flame thread. I just wanted to tell it like it happened. I was surprised at how even the run was at the time, since I figured his car was more heavily modded. Turns out it is...... Made me happy about my V2!

How bad was his car running? Who knows. Maybe his 02 sensor is messed up or whatever.....................
I would say that it is, but only because he had mentioned it before and he hasn't said anything about getting it fixed yet. Like I said, I only believe it because he had mentioned it before this happened. If the race occurred and then all of sudden he told us about it...well, that would be a different story....
      01-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #34
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I didn't like the way his exhaust sounded. It was loud, but not a good loud. Some people get ideas and...well whatever. Just forget it. I guess it is just my personal opinion.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #35
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
I didn't like the way his exhaust sounded. It was loud, but not a good loud. Some people get ideas and...well whatever. Just forget it. I guess it is just my personal opinion.
Yeah, he just explained the "stage 5" exhaust on another forum and I am not impressed at all. Why would I want a 4 inch tip on a luxury car?

Sorry, back on topic....
      01-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #36
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Quote:

If you ever take your car to Moroso let me know I want to try my JB2RH against a V2.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #37
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
Yeah, he just explained the "stage 5" exhaust on another forum and I am not impressed at all. Why would I want a 4 inch tip on a luxury car?

Sorry, back on topic....
Well it isn't producing a luxurious sound or a nice deep throaty sound either. When he drove off, just idk. I would beat my brains out if I had to listen to that the entire drive down and up again from Pembroke Pines. Yea, it would be OK on a track, but not to drive to school, work, or anywhere else. It just sounds like a really loud soup can in my honest opinion. I don't understand the need for 3.75 inch exhaust either, but to each his own. There must be no backpressure at all in his car, and who knows for sure what is wrong with his tune and car? The codes he is explaining over at n54 sound like they are strictly from removing of the cats.

Not flaming, just throwing out my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #38
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well it isn't producing a luxurious sound or a nice deep throaty sound either. When he drove off, just idk. I would beat my brains out if I had to listen to that the entire drive down and up again from Pembroke Pines. Yea, it would be OK on a track, but not to drive to school, work, or anywhere else. It just sounds like a really loud soup can in my honest opinion. I don't understand the need for 3.75 inch exhaust either, but to each his own. There must be no backpressure at all in his car, and who knows for sure what is wrong with his tune and car? The codes he is explaining over at n54 sound like they are strictly from removing of the cats.

Not flaming, just throwing out my 2 cents.
I am right there with you bro. I am not digging any of their new products, or Mike as their marketing spokesman....
      01-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #39
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am right there with you bro. I am not digging any of their new products, or Mike as their marketing spokesman....
Well, I don't know. Mike is their marketing guy because he got obsessed with their power. He wanted the power they had on a car that ran 11's. Don't get me wrong, I am 18 as well, but I wouldn't want someone 18 with no mechanical background handling my marketing. Mike is an ok guy and all, but is a little hard-headed and not as educated as he should be to maket products as advanced as VIP is frontng.

I mean I have other personal opinions, as others do too, that do not coincide with what VIP is doing. I guess the people in south Florida just know a little more first-hand on VIP then the people who live in other areas.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #40
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, I don't know. Mike is their marketing guy because he got obsessed with their power. He wanted the power they had on a car that ran 11's. Don't get me wrong, I am 18 as well, but I wouldn't want someone 18 with no mechanical background handling my marketing. Mike is an ok guy and all, but is a little hard-headed and not as educated as he should be to maket products as advanced as VIP is frontng.

I mean I have other personal opinions, as others do too, that do not coincide with what VIP is doing. I guess the people in south Florida just know a little more first-hand on VIP then the people who live in other areas.
If you want to be a successful tuning company you do not allow an 18 year old with obviously no technical knowledge of the car to become your marketing person. Period.

Marketing means a lot, especially when it comes to tuning and these forums. Every time he says something, or tries to explain something someone jumps on him because he is clueless. It is unfortunate for VIP that this is happening because I am sure that they are losing potential business because of it.

I for one was looking at their CAI very seriously, but when he answers questions about it and is clueless it repels me as a consumer. All in all I think VIP would be much better off with a more experienced and more knowledgeable marketing person.
      01-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #41
sleepdoc
Lieutenant
Rep

fll335,

I might go to moroso with FikseGTS this friday, depends on what happens at work. We want to make some runs there before spring/summer.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #42
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you want to be a successful tuning company you do not allow an 18 year old with obviously no technical knowledge of the car to become your marketing person. Period.

Marketing means a lot, especially when it comes to tuning and these forums. Every time he says something, or tries to explain something someone jumps on him because he is clueless. It is unfortunate for VIP that this is happening because I am sure that they are losing potential business because of it.

I for one was looking at their CAI very seriously, but when he answers questions about it and is clueless it repels me as a consumer. All in all I think VIP would be much better off with a more experienced and more knowledgeable marketing person.

Well a lot of people would be a lot better off with a lot of things.

The eshaust isn't that great sound wise. From what I understand Mad Hatter is doing their exhaust work. I guess it is their design, but Mad Hatter is the one actually making the exhausts. Mad Hatter is a good and reputable company but I don't think they are involved in the designing of their exhaust.

BTW, I really doubt there is any reason for the use of 3.75" piping. There is no backpressure and I assume he is losing some low end power by using the bigger piping. I see Supras with this sized piping, but then again, those are huge single turbo'd cars, some even huge twin turbo'd cars.

A lot of things don't add up, but that is that. They could easily call the dyno shop and have it emailed, faxed, or picked up. The shop where I went (which Mike used and Jacque has used) saves their dynos. I didn't get to see any of Mike's dynos, but the last one they had recorded of Jacques was less than 350whp, but I do not recall exactly what it was. The owner said he hasn't seen the car since. I heard they are using a different dyno now, but I don't understand why they can't just get a copy of the old dyno? I am sure the shop saves it like the one I was at?

I just don't get some of the things they say and do.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #43
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
fll335,

I might go to moroso with FikseGTS this friday, depends on what happens at work. We want to make some runs there before spring/summer.
I might be interested in going, if you guys don't mind.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #44
sleepdoc
Lieutenant
Rep

I'll post if/when our trip to moroso is definate.
Appreciate 0