E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Spectrum Collision

12-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Thumbs down Spectrum Collision

I'm having a hell of a time with Spectrum Auto Body. As some of you know I had a mishap backing out on my way to the last meet at the District. I put a bit of a dent into my rear bumper.
I decided to get the M-Tech Bumper from MWLewis. I had the bumper sent to Spectrum directly. Seems the part between the bumper and diffuser is missing. Spectrum says they never got it and MWLewis says he's sure he sent it. So I'm paying the extra $75 to get the last piece. I'm not really happy with either of them on this one. The only person that never touched it was me and yet I have to pay for another piece AND wait another 3 weeks to get it. Shame on both of them for not sorting this one out.

Meanwhile it's taken Spectrum over 2 weeks to get replacement parts for parking distance control. Today they finally decide that they are going to put the bumper on even though they don't have the replacement PDC part (I didn't think there was anything wrong with it anyway) and if something is wrong they'll take it back off and replace when they get it in. Okay no big deal.

I get there and first thing I notice is that their paperwork shows an amount I owe. As I paid for the bumper I was expecting money back! Apparently they forgot that I paid for the bumper and wanted me to pay the deductable. They owe ME money! The sales guy appologizes and says I can pick up a check tomorrow but first they want to charge me the deductable to show the money trail. Without making the payment we decide to go see the car.

The first thing I notice as we are approaching the car in their garage is that the dash lights are on and the Nav is on and the key's not in the car. He gets the key starts it and then shuts it off. Everything seems okay but that was weird. Perhaps the last guy popped the clutch and didn't shut it off all the way? I did notice a battery sign when he started it. Does that mean my battery is going bad?

Next while it was there I had them do some work to hide a little scratch on the hood. There are now adhesive lines on the hood from my clear bra that they took off but they didn't fully take off the adhesive and now their are new scratches all around where the old scratch was. Not on it or where it was but just below it on the hood! My rep appologized and says they shouldn't have done that and that the car was supposed to be ready.
So I decide that I'll leave it there for them to fix and as we are about to walk away he informs me that while the car was sitting there with the bumper off it rained and the rain shorted out the amplipher and they replaced that too. He assured me that it was a BMW OEM part that it was replaced with and that there shouldn't be any problems and that it would be covered under the normal warranty. But in all honesty I'm not very happy at all with all of this!

I can't say I'm too happy with Spectrum right now! It's been over 2 weeks now for a very minor dent! In addition I think they've messed up as much or more than they fixed!

Update

Last night I picked up the car. More problems though. When I got there the stuff from the night before was all fixed. Hood looks good now and it seems that the battery is fine. But now the trunk lid looked like shit! All kinds of swirl marks all over it! Apparently they hadn't removed wax on it. My advisor has their detailer take it around back and rewax it. I get there when he's done and it looks good except for some light scratches all the way across the lid. I show them to my advisor, Gary, and he starts in about how "I know you you feel about your car but all cars have light scratches even show cars aren't shown under florecent lighting", etc, etc. Fine! I just want my car! I took the car and I'm just happy to be done with them. I will say this. Their detailer SUCKS! Even when I brought it home I still see all kinds of streak marks etc. It's gonna take a good wash, wax, polish for me to get the car back to the shape it was in before I gave it to them!

The paint matches and it will look good when I'm done with it but one just shouldn't have to go through that. I certainly wouldn't recomend them to anyone else though. And if you do take your car to them make SURE that you don't let their detailer touch your car!

In all honesty accidents happen (blown amplifer) and people make mistakes (not prepared with my check) but overlooking making sure the car isn't in tip top shape, detailed, etc even for the layman is simply inexcusable!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Sucks to hear man.
Body shops are the worst!

My theory about them is that their strategy is to try to break you down to where you just want to give up.

I was getting paint estimates for my Bavdom splitters that turned yellow.
A couple guys started talking about how they wouldn't have put the splitters on because it doesn't suit the car, and they wouldn't have even thought of doing such a thing.
So I said, "Well, it's a good thing that you don't have the pleasure of driving this car then..." and I left. The looks on their faces was classic!

I haven't met one autoshop guy that I liked talking to.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #3
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

Oh man, these guys again.

Sorry to hear.

-Don
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 01:40 AM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Fuck...........my car is there right now. Has been there for a while now, and should be done this tuesday or so. I will DEFINITELY let my advisor Chris know about this. Hey randy, is it ok if I forward this to them at spectrum?

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
brandon @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I have had major issues with them as well. My e46 had a small dent from someone backing into the driverside door. My insurance ended up paying over $3000 dollars to fix the dent, yet spectrum was telling me that I would have to pay an extra $1000 to have the car properly sanded down for paint!!!!! What the hell is that about.

Once I picked up the car, there were rattles in the door, the door lock still doesnt work, and the list goes on. I fucking hate that place.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Fuck...........my car is there right now. Has been there for a while now, and should be done this tuesday or so. I will DEFINITELY let my advisor Chris know about this. Hey randy, is it ok if I forward this to them at spectrum?
Absolutely! Feel free!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #7
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
Sounds really bad Brotha!!! I know a place in brea that would have done an excellent job. Before I traded in my 350z my front bumper was smashed and my door had a alot of door dings and my rear bumper was hanging off a bit. This place I swear made my car look brand new again like I just picked it off the showroom floor excellent paint match too I would recommend to anyone pm me for the info.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 05:26 AM   #8
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

sprectrum!!! hurry and f**king finish my car already!!!

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0