E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Kobe vs LeBrick

03-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #177
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Kobe is a PURE ball hogger. I don't care how many points he can score in a game, its not better for the team and his teammates. He never trusted his teammates enough to shoot because he's selfish and seriously too full of himself. Even with one of the best shooter in the game (Nash) and one of the best defensive and offensive Center (D12) on his team they still can't manage to reel in some W's, and lets not forget all the goodies on the bench.

The debate here is who is a better player? Lebron single handedly brought a garbage team to the finals when he was only 23 years old. How? He passed the ball and trusted his team and in return, the team put out their best effort and did their best possible. He sold out and joined better players to win? So what? First year attempt they were in the finals, second year attempt they won it. You're saying other teams don't have more than 1 or 2 great players? Lakers consistently has an all star team year after year.

So it all depends on how you define "Better"
Is it overall stats?
Is it dominance?
Is it leadership?
Is it showmanship?
Is it rings?
Is it continuous improvement?

Time will show how many rings the King will get. The King was born to do this, just a freak of nature molding a perfect player that dunks hard, scores on demand, passes like its his priority, shoots 3's like a foul shot, and not only fast but extremely forceful.

Kobe is a dick.
      03-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #178
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Kobe is a PURE ball hogger. I don't care how many points he can score in a game, its not better for the team and his teammates.
true - last thing Kobe does is make any of his teammates better - Kobe is allergic to passing.

that's why LeBron averages a way more assists.

Quote:
The debate here is who is a better player? Lebron single handedly brought a garbage team to the finals when he was only 23 years old. How? He passed the ball and trusted his team and in return, the team put out their best effort and did their best possible.
at 23 years old, Bron was already doing things that Jordan wished he could have accomplished.

Quote:
So it all depends on how you define "Better"
Is it overall stats?
Bron will end up with more points, assists, rebounds and a better FG and 3PT percentage than both MJ and Kobe

Quote:
Is it dominance?
Bron is JJ Watt playing basketball

Quote:
Is it leadership?
Bron distributes the ball, positions his teammates and makes them better than MJ and Kobe

Quote:
Is it showmanship?
eh....

Quote:
Is it rings?
MJ and Kobe have more - still doesn't mean they had more skills than Bron

Quote:
Is it continuous improvement?
Bron wins BY FAR !!!! this running freak show keeps getting BETTER and BETTER every year we watch him.

Quote:
Time will show how many rings the King will get. The King was born to do this, just a freak of nature molding a perfect player that dunks hard, scores on demand, passes like its his priority, shoots 3's like a foul shot, and not only fast but extremely forceful.

Kobe is a dick.
all of this, and every bit of that.....
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #179
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSmain View Post
Well obviously kobe has taken more shots as to lebron were he randomly decides to shoot but most of the time he gets scared and passes the ball
haha that's exactly why Kobe's GWS percentage is so shitty. he insists on shooting the ball no matter how he gets the ball and what the defensive alignment is. sure, he's got the talent to still make it over a double team (and those all get compiled on YouTube clips that his fans lap up), but he sure makes the defensive coach's job easy in drawing up their plays.

Lebron will make the correct basketball play and pass off to a wide open teammate. shows you too how much (or little) these two guys truly trust their mates
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #180
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Leaving Rio, Battier and Ray Ray shooting open 3's all night. Lebron is more mature in terms of on court intelligence and he understands the percentages of good and bad shots. The King knows who has the highest probability of putting the ball in the basket at that given moment. Rapist just thinks he's the only one with a chance to score.
      03-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #181
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

^^^^^ and the last 2 posts truly show why Kobe is less efficient than Bron.

Kobe actually hurts his team more than Bron.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #182
SDSmain
Private
Rep
Drives: ///M / AMG

Quote:
Leaving Rio, Battier and Ray Ray shooting open 3's all night. Lebron is more mature in terms of on court intelligence and he understands the percentages of good and bad shots. The King knows who has the highest probability of putting the ball in the basket at that given moment. Rapist just thinks he's the only one with a chance to score.
LeBrick is just too scared to shoot the ball that's just all there is too it
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #183
SDSmain
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
haha that's exactly why Kobe's GWS percentage is so shitty. he insists on shooting the ball no matter how he gets the ball and what the defensive alignment is. sure, he's got the talent to still make it over a double team (and those all get compiled on YouTube clips that his fans lap up), but he sure makes the defensive coach's job easy in drawing up their plays.

Lebron will make the correct basketball play and pass off to a wide open teammate. shows you too how much (or little) these two guys truly trust their mates
I don't think you can comprehend. Lebron passes because he is scared to shoot the ball because if he misses he can't deal with the hate. I don't think you've ever watched kobe play in his prime or right now, because if you did you would know who the real king is. Lebron is playing in a joke league, getting softer and softer every year. And there winning streak is not very impressive out of the winning streak only 6 were "hard teams to beat". Kobe creates opportunities for himself with the ball while lebeon just drives it and he knows the refs will call a foul on anything. Remember when the General Managers took a survey of who would they would want taking a shot with the game on the line half of them said kobe and NOT one picked lebron but other players. He's a know show in 4th quarters and pulls a disappearing act. The funny thing is MJ the greatest player to ever play watches kobe play and said that his only competition is Kobe, and that's coming from the greatest player to ever touch a basketball. You got Legends saying they would rather take kobe and you got GM's of different teams saying they would take kobe, then you have lebron fans. Thinking he's the best when he went to miami took the easy way out and is playing in the softest league every
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #184
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't think you can comprehend. Lebron passes because he is scared to shoot the ball because if he misses he can't deal with the hate. I don't think you've ever watched kobe play in his prime or right now, because if you did you would know who the real king is.
you're flawed.

Kobe, right now, is playing his best basketball of his career - and it's still not as good as LeBron in only his 8th year in the league.

look it up - i'll wait.................
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #185
Rodzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Kobe was and i say was the greatest.......but not anymore. The stats don't lie. It's not about the league being soft and this and that. The Eastern conference can't shoot and the Western can't play Defense. You haters should watch a Heat game once in a while. They actually make basketball entertaining. Helps kill time before football season. lol.

Eibach frontsway,BMS JB4,AFE Drop InBerk Street Axleback, H&R SPORT SPRINGS,Active Autowerke DP's ,Active Autowerke BOV,Active Autowerke FMIC , BMWPEDALS.COM, JB SPEED Black Grills,Alpina B3 TCU Flash
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #186
SDSmain
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
you're flawed.

Kobe, right now, is playing his best basketball of his career - and it's still not as good as LeBron in only his 8th year in the league.

look it up - i'll wait.................
What are you 13? I don't think you've seen kobe play in his PRIME... What a stupid comment... You don't know anything about NBA
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #187
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
1st MVP, Wade should of won. He had better all around numbers than LJ. Lebron won that year because Cleveland had the best record in the NBA. So some would say it was because of Lebron playing with Cleveland. I think the eastern conference that year had 5 teams above .500. Again, a horrible conference. So obviously LJ had enough to be on a team with the best record. So why couldn't he win a championship with the same team that had the best record? 2nd MVP he deserved, 3rd MVP should of gone to Durant. If you want to be considered as one of the NBAs best, you have to beat the best, not join forces with them. Again, I respect his athletic ability, his hustle on the court, I wish he did it without Wade.
Wade played well during Lebron 1st MVP. But MVP isn't just about stats. It is about how well you carry your team in the regular season. No way Kevin Durant plays as well as Lebron. He might be the better scorer but Lebron is still the better all around player.

Having the best record means nothing. Spurs and OKC had the best record for the past few season. Yet, they never won any championship recently.

How about Oscar Robertson, Kareem and Wilt Chamberlain? One of the best players that ever played the game of basketball. Oscar Robertson didn't win his first championship until he played with the Bucks with Kareem as his teammate. Kareem needed to join forces with Magic Johnson and Bob McAdoo to win 5 of his 6 championship. Wilt Chamberlain needed Jerry West, Gail Goodrich to win his championship.

You guys can keep saying how Lebron needed to join forces to win his championships. But in 10-20 years from now when Lebron retires. He would be recognized as one of the all time great to play the game of basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
What I was saying is, he was nobody without Phil. The system fit him, he sucks before and after that, with any other team. You fail to comprehend what everyone else posts on here anyways.
Nobody without Phil? What the hell are you smoking. Seriously..

Lamar Odom was having his highest career stats before he came to the Lakers. 17 points/ 8 rebound/ 5 assist/ 1 block/ 1 steal is a nobody now?

Looks like the one that is failing to comprehend how great Lamar Odom is you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Wow, they beat a 23-47 Detroit team. Very impressive win. Next the 16-52 Bobcats, I'm sure this game will be on primetime T.V. Next, 18-52 Orlando. This will be game of the week.
And you fail to realize that they beat 11 out of 15 playoff teams in the NBA in their winning streak..The only playoff team they didn't beat in their 24 game winning streak yet is the Spurs and the Nuggets.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #188
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Kobe choked so hard last night LMAO!
      03-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #189
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
This post confirms you are clueless about the NBA.
      03-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #190
zackf80m
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2011 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Kobe choked so hard last night LMAO!
lmao
      03-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #191
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

What are you 13? I don't think you've seen kobe play in his PRIME... What a stupid comment... You don't know anything about NBA
you're a shitbird.

i was watching Reggie Miller and Spike Lee go at it on live television.

i watched my Nigerian Nightmare Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon on live TV dismantle Barkley, Robinson, Ewing and Shaq in the early 90's.

i watched Jordan's flu game on live TV.

i watched Dominique Wilkins win a slam dunk contest in 1990.

i bet you can't even say you watched Jordan's Free Throw Line Dunk when it happened

and listen here, child: do you even remember Rodman on the Pistons !?!?

i do. i remember him losing in the Finals to Magic Johnson's Lakers in 88 - i was in Mexico hanging out with family and was sitting next to my uncle on the couch.

that said, you can keep calm and eat a bag of dicks.

get outta here with your non existant NBA knowledge and experience.....

shit is weak, kid......
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #192
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

um who really cares.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #193
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
This post confirms you are clueless about the NBA.
he has no clue about how to play any kind of organized, coached team basketball either. I'm done arguing with someone who has no idea what team sports is all about. sds, go ahead and keep playing your NBA 2k dream world. don't forget to set the difficulty on easy though, so you can play Kobe and still hit shots over double and triple teams
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #194
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

If I'm not mistaking, I think Miami was the 8th seed, and below. 500. Wade did all he can do, and Miami lost in the first round. Again, out of the 11 teams your talking about, 5-6 of those teams are worth talking about. The rest are sub.500.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #195
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Too scared to shoot? HAHAHAHA. Lebron has been "THE ONE" to handle, pass and shoot the ball when the clock is ticking and the game is on the line since he was a toddler. You telling me he's afraid? He was born to do this. He can dismantle the other teams defense in less than 5 seconds while still driving pass 2-3 other players and finishing strong. Something Kobe can't do, he just tries his best to shoot over the double team and pray it goes in.
      03-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #196
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I don't think you can comprehend. Lebron passes because he is scared to shoot the ball because if he misses he can't deal with the hate. I don't think you've ever watched kobe play in his prime or right now, because if you did you would know who the real king is. Lebron is playing in a joke league, getting softer and softer every year. And there winning streak is not very impressive out of the winning streak only 6 were "hard teams to beat". Kobe creates opportunities for himself with the ball while lebeon just drives it and he knows the refs will call a foul on anything. Remember when the General Managers took a survey of who would they would want taking a shot with the game on the line half of them said kobe and NOT one picked lebron but other players. He's a know show in 4th quarters and pulls a disappearing act. The funny thing is MJ the greatest player to ever play watches kobe play and said that his only competition is Kobe, and that's coming from the greatest player to ever touch a basketball. You got Legends saying they would rather take kobe and you got GM's of different teams saying they would take kobe, then you have lebron fans. Thinking he's the best when he went to miami took the easy way out and is playing in the softest league every
Oh he can deal with hate. He's probably dealt with the biggest hate in NBA history going from Cleveland to Miami. Imagine your hometown hating you, you can't even go home anymore and not feel that hate everyday. Can't handle the hate? You can't handle the truth.

I don't think you've watched Jordan play in his prime son. How old are you? Talking like Kobe is the next best thing to sliced bread. Kobe does everything to mimic Jordan. His playing style, shooting style, ball hoggery, even his cockiness on court is at best a Jordan Jr. Kobe may try his best to beat or become a Jordan of his era but nothing even comes close to what Lebron is doing and building a legendary status. No one in this world should have a god status but this guy sure comes close. He's a prime example of a perfect basketball player with his height, weight, strength, mentality, and playing style.

I don't think any of the Heats fans here ever mentioned a streak (now 25) as a debating point. You keep bringing it up and saying you're not impressed. Buddy, it is what it is man. Don't hate. Lakers can't even beat this shittiest teams in the league, and you're bitching about not being impressed about a 25 game winning streak? Yeah the heats arnt playing the best teams everyday but those teams are trying their best to beat the heats and kill this streak. Do you know how much harder it is to win like that? Have you even played competitive basketball other than NBA 2k?

I'm going to ponder a guess and say you grew up watching Kobe and his greatness. You don't know anything about the league pre-Kobe and you think that's the shit. To be fair, he is an excellent player and definitely one of the greatest of all time BUT if you've watched Jordan enough, you'll know this is just a wannabe who worked hard to become a Jordan.

You sir are a Troll.
      03-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #197
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Lebron drives to the basket and everyone moves out the way indicates that today's NBA is soft. I wish Lambier, Mahorn, Rodmen, Ewing, Oakley, Barkley, Malone, Sampson, Chambers, Nance, Mourning, Parrish, Bannister, McDaniel. B.Jones, Rambis, Shaq in his prime, Robinson, Akeem, Cartwright, Eaton, Worthy, Drexler, Pippen, Mchale, Aquire, Kareem, Bird were playing. I guarantee these guys won't clear the middle for LJ, or any current player, so they can get an uncontested shot/dunk. There will be some serious, hard contact that would just be called a foul. That was good old DEFENSE. Not these technical, flagrant 1or 2 BS calls that you see now. Even with the size and strength of LJ, he would seriously reconsider going to the basket. You were allowed to hand check a player, making it difficult for a player to drive to the basket. If you got by your defender, you knew what was waiting for you under the basket, it was no charging call. A guaranteed hard foul.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #198
SDSmain
Private
Rep

Quote:
Oh he can deal with hate. He's probably dealt with the biggest hate in NBA history going from Cleveland to Miami. Imagine your hometown hating you, you can't even go home anymore and not feel that hate everyday. Can't handle the hate? You can't handle the truth.

I don't think you've watched Jordan play in his prime son. How old are you? Talking like Kobe is the next best thing to sliced bread. Kobe does everything to mimic Jordan. His playing style, shooting style, ball hoggery, even his cockiness on court is at best a Jordan Jr. Kobe may try his best to beat or become a Jordan of his era but nothing even comes close to what Lebron is doing and building a legendary status. No one in this world should have a god status but this guy sure comes close. He's a prime example of a perfect basketball player with his height, weight, strength, mentality, and playing style.

I don't think any of the Heats fans here ever mentioned a streak (now 25) as a debating point. You keep bringing it up and saying you're not impressed. Buddy, it is what it is man. Don't hate. Lakers can't even beat this shittiest teams in the league, and you're bitching about not being impressed about a 25 game winning streak? Yeah the heats arnt playing the best teams everyday but those teams are trying their best to beat the heats and kill this streak. Do you know how much harder it is to win like that? Have you even played competitive basketball other than NBA 2k?

I'm going to ponder a guess and say you grew up watching Kobe and his greatness. You don't know anything about the league pre-Kobe and you think that's the shit. To be fair, he is an excellent player and definitely one of the greatest of all time BUT if you've watched Jordan enough, you'll know this is just a wannabe who worked hard to become a Jordan.

You sir are a Troll.
I didn't even get to read your mini story. But all I gotta say is, Legends Opinions over yours. nice try kid. Just read the first pic OP posted, i could care less about your opinion, you for sure haven't watched MJ and Kobe play in their prime.
Appreciate 0