E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Kobe vs LeBrick

03-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #199
SDSmain
Private
Rep
Drives: ///M / AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Too scared to shoot? HAHAHAHA. Lebron has been "THE ONE" to handle, pass and shoot the ball when the clock is ticking and the game is on the line since he was a toddler. You telling me he's afraid? He was born to do this. He can dismantle the other teams defense in less than 5 seconds while still driving pass 2-3 other players and finishing strong. Something Kobe can't do, he just tries his best to shoot over the double team and pray it goes in.
I don't even think you watch your master lebron play ahahaaha, when the games on the line 90% of the time he's passing
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #200
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Kobe does everything to mimic Jordan? Oh my god. So does that mean Lebron mimics Kobe? All I can say is WOW!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #201
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

This thread is very entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #202
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

i love how SDS completely ignored my post after i explained to him the type of basketball IQ i possess.

shut him up real quick after he realized that i watched Jordan, Stockton, Olajuwon, Barkley, Robinson, Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Pippen, Ewing and Starks play in their prime.

i watched Kobe play as a 17 year old kid with an ugly half fro against Jordan......

i even watched Iverson cross up Jordan as a rookie.......

please, freaking junk kid trying to tell me that i never watched Kobe play in his prime - now that is laughable shit.......
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #203
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Lebron drives to the basket and everyone moves out the way indicates that today's NBA is soft. I wish Lambier, Mahorn, Rodmen, Ewing, Oakley, Barkley, Malone, Sampson, Chambers, Nance, Mourning, Parrish, Bannister, McDaniel. B.Jones, Rambis, Shaq in his prime, Robinson, Akeem, Cartwright, Eaton, Worthy, Drexler, Pippen, Mchale, Aquire, Kareem, Bird were playing. I guarantee these guys won't clear the middle for LJ, or any current player, so they can get an uncontested shot/dunk. There will be some serious, hard contact that would just be called a foul. That was good old DEFENSE. Not these technical, flagrant 1or 2 BS calls that you see now. Even with the size and strength of LJ, he would seriously reconsider going to the basket. You were allowed to hand check a player, making it difficult for a player to drive to the basket. If you got by your defender, you knew what was waiting for you under the basket, it was no charging call. A guaranteed hard foul.

What the hell are you talking about? Who the hell moves out of the way when Lebron drives to the basket? There is absolutely no one that walks away and not contest Lebron's shot. Unless it is a small guard or a fast break. That is a completely different scenario. If everyone walks away from Lebron when he drives to the basket then he wouldn't be shooting 500 free throws a year. Most defenders know Lebron is unstoppable once he gets deep into the paint so many defender fouls him to make him get his points from the free throw line.

The NBA implemented these technical, flagrant foul 1 & 2 is not because the NBA is soft. It is used to protect the players. Do you know how many players got injured when they got pushed in midair dunking the ball back in the day or when they got fouled extremely hard and excessive? In this time and age, there is no reason to have hard and excessive foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSmain View Post
I didn't even get to read your mini story. But all I gotta say is, Legends Opinions over yours. nice try kid. Just read the first pic OP posted, i could care less about your opinion, you for sure haven't watched MJ and Kobe play in their prime.
OK DKHAN... someone who just made a new account few days ago immediately joins this thread? While at the same time the original OP gets banned the same time as when you joined...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #204
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

I really enjoyed watching the NBA in the 80s, 90s and the early 2000s. The game had so many quality teams, that you couldn't pick a favorite to win it all. However, when Jordan arrived that changed. He prevented many team's from winning a championship. Like I said earlier, today's NBA is full of horrible team's. I feel Kobe would of been the type of player he has been his whole career during those years because of his killer mentality. As far as Lebron, yes he's a freek of nature, However he would of have to adjust his game quickly to become a factor on the court. There wasn't any excuses to play the way he did in the 4th qtr against the Mavs in the finals. I think he woud of become more of an outside shooter, because he doesn't like contact. And no," FLOPPIN " didn't exist. Defenders were not afraid to do their job. Referees allowed it, but had it under control.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #205
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

So it was O.K to play hard nose defense in the 80s, 90s, and early2000s? The majority of fouls called in the NBA today are a joke. Even when Van Gundy calls the game, he would ask " where is the foul?" Lebron, and many other players shoot a lot of free throws. Many times the referee would anticipate a foul, and blow the whistle.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #206
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I really enjoyed watching the NBA in the 80s, 90s and the early 2000s. The game had so many quality teams, that you couldn't pick a favorite to win it all. However, when Jordan arrived that changed. He prevented many team's from winning a championship. Like I said earlier, today's NBA is full of horrible team's. I feel Kobe would of been the type of player he has been his whole career during those years because of his killer mentality. As far as Lebron, yes he's a freek of nature, However he would of have to adjust his game quickly to become a factor on the court. There wasn't any excuses to play the way he did in the 4th qtr against the Mavs in the finals. I think he woud of become more of an outside shooter, because he doesn't like contact. And no," FLOPPIN " didn't exist. Defenders were not afraid to do their job. Referees allowed it, but had it under control.
I don't know if you are serious. 80s was dominated by Magic Johnson and the Lakers. 90s was dominated by MJ. 2000 was dominated by the Lakers. Magic Johnson won 5 championship in the 80s. MJ won 6 championship in 90s and Kobe won 5 championship in the 2000s. How are you going to say that "you couldn't pick a favorite to win it all?" Seriously, you don't make any sense at all. I'm starting to think you dont know much about basketball.

I'm starting to think that you don't remember how good the Mavs were in the 2011 season. They had one of the deepest team in the league. Dirk, Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Tyson Chandler, Marion, Jason Terry, Barea. The Mavs swept the Lakers and nearly swept OKC 4-1.

Quote:
So it was O.K to play hard nose defense in the 80s, 90s, and early2000s? The majority of fouls called in the NBA today are a joke. Even when Van Gundy calls the game, he would ask " where is the foul?" Lebron, and many other players shoot a lot of free throws. Many times the referee would anticipate a foul, and blow the whistle.
There will be missed calls no matter what. There were missed called in the 80s,90s, 2000s. There just wasn't a commentator that points it out like Jeff Van Gundy.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #207
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

I didn't say what team dominated the era. I said there were more teams that could compete for a championship. Boston, Detroit, Portland, Phoenix, etc. I been watching, and playing organized basketball for a very long time, and I know what I'm talking. Commentators didn't talk about it because it was how the game was played. I'm talking about basketball in general, you talk about it in presence tense. All I'm saying is the NBA is not what it use to be. If Milwaukee losses today, they will be under .500 and the eighth seed. Why? Because the NBA, especially the eastern conference is full of horrible bad teams.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #208
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
i love how SDS completely ignored my post after i explained to him the type of basketball IQ i possess.

shut him up real quick after he realized that i watched Jordan, Stockton, Olajuwon, Barkley, Robinson, Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Pippen, Ewing and Starks play in their prime.

i watched Kobe play as a 17 year old kid with an ugly half fro against Jordan......

i even watched Iverson cross up Jordan as a rookie.......

please, freaking junk kid trying to tell me that i never watched Kobe play in his prime - now that is laughable shit.......
You sound like you can use a hug AND a cookie.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #209
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And no," FLOPPIN " didn't exist.
"...pfffft, yes it did..."

sincerely,
Reggie Miller's lead leg on every jump shot ever
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #210
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

When I say " Flopping," I'm talking about a player exaggerating contact, and flying across the court. I'm not sure R.Millers lead leg on a jump shot constitutes " Flopping."
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #211
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When I say " Flopping," I'm talking about a player exaggerating contact, and flying across the court. I'm not sure R.Millers lead leg on a jump shot constitutes " Flopping."
when the NBA has to implement a rule named after you because you were the forefather of that specific flop, then it certainly does......
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #212
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

The NBA started cracking down on " Flopping " this year.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #213
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I'm starting to think that you don't remember how good the Mavs were in the 2011 season. They had one of the deepest team in the league. Dirk, Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Tyson Chandler, Marion, Jason Terry, Barea. The Mavs swept the Lakers and nearly swept OKC 4-1.
Vince carter was not on that championship team. They won mainly because dirk and terry were lights out and dirk was unstoppable at the end of games. With that said, I don't think they hold a candle to the teams from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #214
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Oh and just browsed through this thread, but for all lebron/cavs talk, those teams never made it to the finals against the lakers which is a shame regardless of who you root for.

And was watching the celtics/heat game last week....was really rooting for the celtics. They should have won that game.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #215
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

[QUOTE=OK DKHAN... someone who just made a new account few days ago immediately joins this thread? While at the same time the original OP gets banned the same time as when you joined... [/QUOTE]

Yea Dkhan23, how did you manage to get banned so quickly? or should I ask the non-banned version of this troll SDSmain?
      03-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #216
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

I would've loved to see Lebron/cavs in the finals against the Lakers. I'm sure the NBA was also hoping for that match up.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #217
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I didn't say what team dominated the era. I said there were more teams that could compete for a championship. Boston, Detroit, Portland, Phoenix, etc. I been watching, and playing organized basketball for a very long time, and I know what I'm talking. Commentators didn't talk about it because it was how the game was played. I'm talking about basketball in general, you talk about it in presence tense. All I'm saying is the NBA is not what it use to be. If Milwaukee losses today, they will be under .500 and the eighth seed. Why? Because the NBA, especially the eastern conference is full of horrible bad teams.
There are still many teams that can compete for the championship in this era and have a high chance of winning the championship. Not just the Heat is favored. OKC and Spurs are just as deadly as the Heat. And Boston's defense has been giving the Heat trouble in the last post season and this year regular season.

You are talking about a 8th seed. Who really cares about the 8th seed. How often does the 8th seed win the championship or even get past the first round?

If you think it is a joke now. Look at what a joke it was in the 80s. There were only 12 playoff teams and there were 2 teams that were below 50%. This is more of a joke than what the present teams has to battle with.

Look at how easy it was to get to the championship if you were the top 2 seed of each conference. Didn't even have to play in the first round. It was a joke. So all you people keep saying that it is softer league or whatever. Look at what a joke it was to play in the 80s and how ridiculously stacked it was for the Lakers/ Boston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Oh and just browsed through this thread, but for all lebron/cavs talk, those teams never made it to the finals against the lakers which is a shame regardless of who you root for.

And was watching the celtics/heat game last week....was really rooting for the celtics. They should have won that game.
Lakers would of killed the Cavs. No way the Cavs would survive a 7 game series against Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and Lamar Odom. They don't have the size to matchup against the Lakers. Just like what happened to them against Magic and Boston. KG and Howard raped the Cavs offensively and defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Vince carter was not on that championship team. They won mainly because dirk and terry were lights out and dirk was unstoppable at the end of games. With that said, I don't think they hold a candle to the teams from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s.
Yeah, your right. Carter wasn't there yet. Terry, Dirk were unstoppable shooting. Barrea broke down the Heat's defense like nothing. Chandler, Marion were defense monsters.

It's sad that Cuban didn't bring back that roster. That roster was near unstoppable. Pretty sure he could of probably squeezed out one more championship if they kept it. Jason Kidd, Dirk, Chandler, Marion, Barrea, Jason Terry

Quote:
You do know that the king of floppers started in the 80s right? Danny Ainge, Bill Laimbeer, John Stockton, Reggie Miller, Divac were probably the best floppers in the history of the game.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #218
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The NBA started cracking down on " Flopping " this year.
yes - they started this year, but they implimented the "Reggie Miller Rule" this year as well.

and Reggie Miller started kicking his legs out on every contested jump shot since 1988.

i bet you weren't even watching basketball in 1988........

Quote:

It is set in stone that the NBA will give officials the green light to call an offensive foul on the shooters who blatantly kick out their legs to initiate contact (The “Reggie Miller Rule” is for a shooter who kicks his leg out during a jump shot attempt to draw contact with the defender so the official will call a foul).

Reggie Miller was the master of the 4-point play; he became well-known for this technique during his NBA career, frequently kicking his legs toward defenders on jump shots. This led to many instances in which the officials would call a foul on the defender rather than Miller himself, and the end result was often a four-point swing for the Pacers, as Miller’s shooting ability from both beyond the arc and the free-throw line was second-to-none.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #219
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
yes - they started this year, but they implimented the "Reggie Miller Rule" this year as well.

and Reggie Miller started kicking his legs out on every contested jump shot since 1988.

i bet you weren't even watching basketball in 1988........
On this pic is that Miller shooting over AI?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #220
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I don't know if you are serious. 80s was dominated by Magic Johnson and the Lakers. 90s was dominated by MJ. 2000 was dominated by the Lakers. Magic Johnson won 5 championship in the 80s. MJ won 6 championship in 90s and Kobe won 5 championship in the 2000s. How are you going to say that "you couldn't pick a favorite to win it all?" Seriously, you don't make any sense at all. I'm starting to think you dont know much about basketball.

There will be missed calls no matter what. There were missed called in the 80s,90s, 2000s. There just wasn't a commentator that points it out like Jeff Van Gundy.
Inspired you are officially Mr. Basketball
Appreciate 0