E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help My Seats!!!!

04-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
t4anc3
Rep
Drives: 328I

Unhappy Help My Seats!!!!

I have a 2007 bmw 328i sedan. Figures this would happen, my warranty expired 2 months ago. I was driving the other day and my drivers side power seat started tweaking out. It started automatically moving back and fourth and at first the lumbars were moving too. It felt like a back massage but scared me. Since then the lumbars have stopped automoving and the seat continues to move back and fourth. It basically is like im pressing the button go back and fourth when im not. I have checked under the seat to make sure nothing is obscuring sensors and what not and i have also made sure my driver seat buttons were not being pressed. I really do not want to end up spending a few thousand dollars this seems like a real safety hazard. I have no idea what could have caused this. My seat still works , the controls still move it and all but every so often ( getting more frequent) it just randomly moves back and fourt. I sat in the car today and right away the seat starts moving. i am not touching any of the pre-set buttons. I would really apprecaite any suggestions, experiences and feedback. I am not really good with cars and am completely lost
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

It sounds like something relatively simple like a bad switch or programming issue. And since you are only 2 months out of warranty, you might ask your dealer if they will give you a break on the repair under "goodwill".

Tom
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
t4anc3
Rep

driving

so when i was drivin g today i made another observation, it only moves by itself when i am sitting on it at times
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
t4anc3
Rep

goodwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
It sounds like something relatively simple like a bad switch or programming issue. And since you are only 2 months out of warranty, you might ask your dealer if they will give you a break on the repair under "goodwill".

Tom
Would i call the dealer, and ask for a manager? Because i am sure this will be an expensive repair.

Or I was thinking to call BMWUSA
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
t4anc3
Rep

please help

i am really asking for opinions here guys, everyone seems to know agreat deal about bmw's and i would really love some feedback
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
BOSSBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

you were already given advice.

1. Take it to the dealer.
2. Get a diagnostic (you will minimum have to pay this)
3. THEN talk to your SA or SM and ask them to repair it as goodwill.