E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who's ordered from Irv Robinson (e90post sponsor)

08-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #177
Bimmer26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 13 M3

Can't go wrong with Irv

After completing ED in July and just finishing with the PCD, I can only restate what has already been said in the earlier posts. This was my 11th car purchase and was by far the absolute best!! Now I had never purchased a car from out of state let alone gone overseas to pick one up, but Irv made sure that everything went smoothly and patiently answered every e-mail or phone call that I made to him. My quest to purchase this car started at the end of March and has concluded at the end of August and Irv and I are still conversing with each other. Now I ask you how many other car salesmen would continue to work with a customer long after the contract was signed and the dealership has gotten paid? But that is the type of person (not salesman) that Irv is, he generally cares that his customers get a great deal and are absolutely satisfied with their buying experience. No matter what state you are in, if you want a new BMW do yourself a favor and check out Irv Robinson first, next to getting a BMW it will be the best move you ever made!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #178
raffey1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328 i wagon

Just picked up my new 328 xDrive wagon in Germany thanks to Irv Robinson's help. What an excellent experience with a top-notch professional who is also a very nice person! Had a great time at the Welt, then drove the car throughout Germany and just got it picked up in Chicago at Irv's home base dealership and drove it home to Ohio from there. I love my car, and I love European Delivery with Irv handling the paperwork. Saved a ton of money, and had a great time to boot. Will be getting my next BMW exactly the same way! Meredith Weller
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #179
iNeoxs
Rep
Drives: Acura TSX

What an experience!!!

Another happy customer of Irv. We picked our 335xi Coupe from Germany on May 13th, traveled around Czech Republic, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Hungary and finally Austria. Did PCD in mid August, drove to Maryland and New York from there and finally back to Chicago. Trip details are posted here.

Dealing with Irv has been best experience so far. We exchanged about 200 emails back and forth. This is our first BMW and definitely not the last. I will return to Irv for the next one as well.

Once, you deal with Irv you will never look for another CA. You cannot go wrong with Irv.

-Souman
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #180
wmo168
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need one!

Irv is great! I am in Florida but I ordered the car from him and he is very informative and keep everything in order! He respond to Email and Phone call VERY QUICK!

Now my car is home from PCD and ED! What an experience... Another Happy Customer.. Will sure return to him when I get another BMW...
Attached Images

[ED Photo 12'] [ED Photo 11'] [ED Photo 09'] [PCD Photo 09']
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 03:32 AM   #181
s.myrr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335i E90

I ordered from Irv last year - had a great time. Here's proof, I just got totalled last week... I just shot an email over to Irv to do it all over again!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #182
FrankD
BMWCCA # 60907
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive Sport Wagen

Smile Another Great ED by Irv Robinson

I discovered Irv on this forum, and have just completed a great European Delivery thanks to his efforts and knowledge of the ED program. Everything went as smooth as silk, from placing the order (at a great price), tracking it on the BMWNA website (very accurate), taking delivery of our beautiful e91 at the Welt on 10/28, and now waiting patiently for it to arrive. It is now on the Manon, due to arrive in NJ on 11/21. We even got to visit some of our old friends in Germany. Even all our flights on Continental were smooth and on time (Irv can't take credit for that). This was our third ED (the first was in 1982 before it was called ED), but the first with Irv and at the Welt. It was truly unforgettable, thanks to Irv and the great BMW people at the Welt. Already dreaming of our next ED, with Irv, of course.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #183
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

WOW!! That is a nice looking vehicle, great color, sporty and practical - Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #184
ucla1995
Slow and low
Rep
Drives: M5

On my 2nd ED with Irv and all I can say is - he's the best; would never consider anyone else. Smooth transaction. Plus the guy has boxed Ali - how many CA's can say that??
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #185
s.myrr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335i E90

IRV!? I didn't know that! Details!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #186
tlak77
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

One more for Irv

This is a re-post from the "other forum" I know e90post has quiet a lot of interest into ED and Irv as well.
I’m fortunate enough to live very close to Motor Werks, and as a first timer to ED, and very skeptical person in regards to “dealers” picking Irv was no brainer. As someone mentioned before, Irv is not just a CA, he develops relationship with the costumers; so the whole ED process is much easier then getting a car of the lot. My process began in September 09, with few emails and raw quote, than I meet with Irv in person (advantage of living close but not necessary…….necessary if you want to see Irv with Ali). I received my order confirmation for Dec 18th Welt delivery within few days for 335i. Dreaded waiting period begun, I had a time to think (too much), changed options few times (Irv right on it), test drove 335i few more times and....eventually 335d (with Irv) – changed my order completely 2 weeks before production to 335d (Irv got it done!).
My time line:
Welt Pick up Dec 18th
Munich Drop-off Dec 18th
Loaded on Manon Jan 14th
Arrived NJ Feb 2nd
Cleared Customs Feb 11th
Arrived at Werks (house) Mar 1st.

Delivery took little longer than anticipated, do to customs,/VDC (weather...); out of Irv control.
Well any one who considers ED, give a call, email, fax, or show up and talk to Irv; you will not be disappointed

T

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #187
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Irv - Where are you? I pm'd you 2-3 days ago on bimmerfest.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #188
64alfa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive Coupe

2010 BMW 335ic at the Nurburgring

As part of our December, 2009 ED for our 2010 335i Convertible in Munich, we travelled around Germany for about two weeks. One of the highlights of this trip was the one lap of the Nordschleife at the Nürburgring. Even though it was about 45deg. F, we made the run with the top down and the heater and seat heat fully on high.This video (with some engine sound) captures some of the challenges of this track. We stayed in a hotel room which overlooked the Start/Finish line. While we enjoyed a glass or two of wine from our balcony, we observed a number of cars that were performing track testing. Altogether a great experience. I intend to post another account of this trip with some photos of the Christmas Markets.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #189
trybekjr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90

Another Happy Customer!

I did my Ed pick up on 4/15 just when the volcano struck so to say the least it was a trip of a lifetime with some twists. Every aspect of my order with Irv was perfect and I was lucky to have such a professional in my area. I did redelivery a couple of weeks ago and cannot be more happy with the car and how smooth the process was with Irv Robinson.
Attached Images

Last edited by trybekjr; 06-09-2010 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #190
Limmerfest
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Really wanted to do my deal with Irv as I have read nothing but great things on the forums. Unfortunately, it just did not work out between us. Maybe it was because I wasn't able to do ED and I'm sure he was busy as hell with other deals. I didn't get much of a response from him besides a verbal Owners Choice quote.

I was discouraged and disappointed as I was looking forward to dealing with a highly informed CA! Fortunately I was able to close the deal with another dealer in the area and am now awaiting delivery!

No hard feelings with Irv....I'm sure he's doing fantastic without me....and I'm sure he'll continue to do a fantastic job with future deals!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #191
Vector Pilot
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 28i

Another thumbs up for Irv-!!
We took delivery at the Welt June 17th and returned week ago and we're already making plans for another Euro Delivery.. Irv assisted with all the details, gave us a great price plus shared personal recommendations as to what to see and do in Munich, Bavaria and beyond.

Give him call.

Irv Robinson
(847) 304-3024
irobinson@motorwerks.com
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #192
SashaE
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Great ED. Thanks Irv!

Got our 2011 328xi coup on 5/28/10 and then traveled through Austria, Italy and Switzerland back to Munich. Good no hassle deal on the car and amazing trip.
Great Alps driving. Highly recommended to anybody who likes to drive and traveling.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #193
Vector Pilot
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 28i

Irv Robinson Euro Delivery June 17th 2010

This post is a follow-up to a previous endorsement for Irv Robinson. Early in 2010, my wife and I decided to pick-up our next BMW in Munich. We researched this forum and read the endorsements many of you posted on behalf of Irv . I gave him a call and within minutes he explained the whole process, understood our needs and began helping us plan our trip. He not only made sure the purchase was going to be everything we expected but also acted as our tour guide. Irv shared his own Euro Delivery experience and described the things he saw and did anecdotally. He recommended interesting sites and roads to drive along with things to see and do throughout Europe.* Those of you who have taken delivery at the BMW Welt, know exactly what I’m talking about, it’s one of the most incredible experiences you will ever have. And for those of you considering a Euro Delivery,* Irv [irobinson@motorwerks.com] is the person who will make it happen-!! By the way, we are planning another Euro Delivery in 2011. Good Job Irv.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #194
javaruke
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 Interlagos Blue DCT

2010 ED and PCD

Among the many things I am grateful for in 2010, one is the great experience I had purchasing my M3 'vert from Irv. He was extremely knowledgeable of the car, the ED process, and helpful with travel tips. I told him exactly what I wanted, and we quickly agreed on a reasonable price.

My daughter and I traveled to Munich in March to take delivery and head off to Austria for the best father/daughter experience a dad could ever want. The ED experience was exactly as described and based on his counsel, I had everything I needed to make it seamless. We also thoroughly enjoyed the factory tour that he recommended.

Our trip to Salzburg and Vienna was spectacular with unusually warm weather for that time of year, which allowed us to take advantage of the top down. The drop off in Munich went as planned, and Kathryn was even kind enough to drop us off at the local train station for our trip back to Munich.

The car was delivered to the Perf Ctr in South Carolina where I met my brother to take US delivery, but more importantly spend the day driving their M3 on the track. That was incredible, with lots of knowledge transfer/learning, as well as big smiles. I drove across country to really get acquainted with my car and enjoyed every minute.

Thank you Irv for helping make my 2010 one to remember. My next BMW ED will go through you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #195
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

i might be the first to say that irv was not able to do anything for me when i called him last year to buy a car, he quoted me nothing less than msrp unless i was willing to do ED. that didnt work for me therefore i ended up going local.

don't know if anyone has gotten a good deal from this guy other than all of you guys who did ED
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #196
chef_geek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Not to sound like a broken record because obviously everyone who's dealt with Irv has been extremely pleased, but I thought I'd submit my own testimony.

I live within 10 minutes of a BMW dealer who just recently built a brand new facility. After about a year and a half to two years futzing around with getting a new car, I finally decided on a 335D. This is my first BMW and I decided to combine the purchase of the car with a vacation...European Delivery. I asked my local dealer how many they do since it can be a little complicated. They said they do about 10/year. I asked my CA to quote me the car with my requirements at the same time I was communicating with Irv who I had found through recommendations on these forums. Remember, he is several states away from me and we've never met. After talking with him, it wasn't even a question who I'd go with. He was going to give me the car for over $2300 less than the local dealer. One of the biggest issues I have with Customer Service today is communication and response times. Not a problem with Irv. Any question I had either on the phone or email was promptly replied to within 1 to 2 business days. The paperwork for the car? Not a problem with Irv. Next day FedEx envelops with prepaid envelops already addressed back to him. It couldn't have been easier. I got all of the discounts and financing promotions BMW was offering, saved over $2,000 and I did it from the comfort of my own home.

I went on my ED vacation, had a blast, and didn't need to worry at all about any background paperwork or something going wrong because even if it did, Irv had my back. I also decided to couple my ED with the Performance Center Delivery. To do that required a little luck due to scheduling of the car shipment, customs, and the fact I wanted to do a 1-day car control class the day after I took re-delivery. I was worried but Irv and the fine folks down in Greenville, SC took care of my wife and I. Flawless. After BMW wined and dined us at the delivery center where we got to thrash their cars, mine was waiting outside, fresh and clean on display for all driving by could see.

BMW is an awesome brand. So far I feel like a million bucks driving around in my car and I love it. I just wish Irv was closer because I know I'd get the best warranty work on my car and service as I did buying the car. Irv doesn't leave you high and dry just to get a quick sale. He develops a relationship. That's rare.

Summary:
Local Dealer 10 ED's/year vs. Irv's 10 EDs/month
Local Dealer $2300+ for the same car as what Irv was going to give me
Local Dealer's communication factor 2 vs. Irv's of 9
Local Dealer's attitude factor 0 vs. Irv's of 10 (especially for after sale relationships)

PS: I have pictures but I'm on business travel at the moment. If you want to see any, shoot me a PM. ED in Munich on to northern Italy and Switzerland. PCD in Greenville, SC with a one day car control class.

335D: Deep Sea Blue, Chestnut Brown w/ aluminum trim, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold weather Pkg, Nav, Comfort Access.

ED: 7/12/10
PCD: 9/22/10
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #197
540gone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 3.5, '14 640 GC

I want to comment on my very positive recent purchase experience with Irv Robinson. It was a European Delivery followed by Performance Center Redelivery and was about as complicated a transaction as you can imagine (details follow), but Irv was on top of everything throughout the process and it all worked flawlessly. Dealing with someone as straightforward, experienced and responsive as Irv, made the entire process smooth and trouble free.

I live in Texas, Irv’s dealership is in Illinois, the car was to be registered in yet a different state where I live part time. All correspondence was to be to Texas, title and registration (all handled by Irv) was in the third state, and all of this had to be in place by the time of re-delivery in South Carolina. Do you see how things could get screwed up? Oh, and then there was the issue that I wanted to place the order before BMW’s order book even opened up for the European Delivery date I wanted.

I think you get the picture – you don’t want a novice handling a situation like this. Over the last 20 years or so, I have taken ED of 3 Mercedes and 3 BMWs, so I was pretty familiar with the process in general, although the details seem to change a bit each time. However, this was the first time I have taken re-delivery in the U.S. at other than the selling dealer, so I was a bit apprehensive about potential confusion in the registration process, but all was in order.

If you want to take European Delivery, and who wouldn’t, you can’t go wrong dealing with Irv. Another friend (who also lived in another state) I referred to Irv was also delighted with the experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #198
GaryLH
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Great Customer Service from Irv @ MotorWerks

We just compelted ordering, ED, and redelivery at the Performance Center in SC. Working with Irv Robinson from MotorWerks proved to be an abolsute pleasure. Irv instilled confidence, just by being able to answer ALL of the questions we had -- even though he probably hears the same ones many times daily. The difference in our location (WV / IL) was never a problem. Irv was quick to respond.

If you are considering ED, do yourself a favor and call Irv at MotorWerks in IL. It will absolutely be the best step you make in the buying process.

(Don't hesitate to enjoy the fun of the Performance Driving Center in SC. The staff there was also over the top. They made sure we enjoyed our day and took advantage of the experience.)
Appreciate 0