E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > help with reading codes

08-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
ady9
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

help with reading codes

hey guys i just recently put catless DPs into the car. ive read that you can sometimes get a code because of it. Ive been told you can buy a DP fix or if you have a jb4 it will automatically do it for you. ive driven the car say for 50kms and no problems but today when i got on the freeway i got the CEL engine fault decreased power. pulled over restart the car and it was fine but moments later the check engine light icon came on and stayed on.

codes im getting are
29F4
29F5
now these 2 codes i believe got to do with the catalyst system so my 02 sensors arent liking it. the only thing im worried about is that the mechanic may have mixed up the front and rear 02 sensors? how do i check this? im bringing the car back on tuesday to get it sused out but what happens if you do mix up the 02 sensors?
A287
now these 2 codes i dont know why i have these. first code is exhaust vanos mechanism and the second code is boost pressure control deactivation boost pressure build up prohibited
now this one im scared that mechanic had installed it and the v band bolt may be in the way of the actuator. but ive pushed the car a bit when i got it and it seems like its getting boost.
i went to a mates place and cleared the codes and got some coding done. thanks brah, he turned on auto disable codes but i turned it back off later to see if i chuck the same codes. drove the car around no CEL but i read the codes when i got one and im getting the first 2 codes. the other 2 codes havent come up yet. i guess if they do come up i would have to take out both vanos solenoids and clean them before thinking of replacing them.

anybody let me know if anything is wrong? anything i should be worried about? im sure its fine, but being a 335i owner i think this shit always happens to us when we start modding. need closure and reassurance ! so gurus help me !

EDIT: yes i do currently have jb4
"auto clear code" is the jb4 dp fix ???

Last edited by ady9; 08-24-2014 at 07:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #2
lemonpark
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: '08 335i E92

let me know when you're gonna clean your solenoids, i wanna do mine too haha

I thought you have JB4?
JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Backend Flash | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | AR Design Catless DP | BMS DCI | ER CP | Turbosmart Race Port BOV | Muffler Delete | H&R Sport Springs | BMS Cowl | BMW Performance Alcantara Wheel | M3 DCT Paddles | Muse Concept and Design Interior | 19" GTC-CX | M3 Lip Spoiler | Zieg CF Rear Diffuser | Flow Designs Front Lip | Black Grill | RGB LED Angel Eyes | 8000K HID |
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
JinAM
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Boost pressure deactivation is cause by the VANOS fault.
Appreciate 0