E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 Alpina?

05-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

E92 Alpina?

Does anyone know if/when there is likely to be an Alpina version ? (E92)

Also, is there any plans for them to have a play with the 335d now they've done the D3 ??

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

i think the e92 B3 biturbo is a certainty.

ALPINA will not be doing anything with the 335d as it will cost probabbly the same as the B3, and ALPINA havent got the capacity for an extra model

As a member of the ALPINA register web site the main reason ALPINA did the D3 was to sell body kits before the B3 was ready (a very big part of ALPINAs profit comes from the worldwide sales of bodykits) the D3 didnt need a lot of time to come to market as ALPINA raided the BMW parts bin for the 330d turbo the 535d injectors the other half of the tubo came from garret and the exhaust is pretty much a 330d one. Add to that ALPINA wheels and some suspension coils and voila the D3 was born.

It success in the UK is that it undercuts the standarfd price of a 320D m Sport.
      05-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
i think the e92 B3 biturbo is a certainty.

ALPINA will not be doing anything with the 335d as it will cost probabbly the same as the B3, and ALPINA havent got the capacity for an extra model

As a member of the ALPINA register web site the main reason ALPINA did the D3 was to sell body kits before the B3 was ready (a very big part of ALPINAs profit comes from the worldwide sales of bodykits) the D3 didnt need a lot of time to come to market as ALPINA raided the BMW parts bin for the 330d turbo the 535d injectors the other half of the tubo came from garret and the exhaust is pretty much a 330d one. Add to that ALPINA wheels and some suspension coils and voila the D3 was born.

It success in the UK is that it undercuts the standarfd price of a 320D m Sport.

Steve ,are you an Apina man then,always fancied one but they are very rare and the re-sale has always bothered me. Just don't what it's like .
Shytner Nottm has had a D3 Touring in for a while and have hung my nose over it a few times,just the wheels would make it worth while for me,but it just seems a waste as the wifes dog car,also how mileage sensitive are the ALPINAS ???
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #4
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Squeeze

Ive always loved ALPINAs and cancelled my D3 order the day before the car landed. The D3 looks amazing drives well and is cheap for what it is.

Ive driven some fast cars over the last 6 years and at the end of the day the manual gearbox (injury) and the performance simply changed my mind.

As the D3 is in limited supply (about 150-200 in the UK) i think the residuals will be better than average. Normal very high spec ALPINAs loose bucket loads of cash.

Another thing to consider is BMW have announced the new Twinturbo diesel engine that is destined for the new 3 series ( revision) in september. That engine has more performance than the D3 (204bhp), and wont have any lag at all (the D3 is guttless under 2000rpm) and apparently does 55mpg! also after a remap probbably 230-240bhp.....nice

If that engine gets put into the D3 next year then it would be the perfect car

But you cant get a penny discount on any ALPINA and i got over 4k off my 335d

Steve.