E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Dealership Comparison

12-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
MSport35TT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [1.50]
Dealership Comparison

Taking my car in for services. Who would be a better service dept?

Wagner BMW in Shrewsbury MA vs BMW of Warwick RI

Post your experiences of both.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport35TT

I go to Shrewsbury and have never had a problem with them. I've dealt with Matt and I have no complaints. I've never been to Warwick one so I can't speak anything of that one

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
MSport35TT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [1.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport35TT

I go to Shrewsbury and have never had a problem with them. I've dealt with Matt most of the time and I have no complaints. I've never been to Warwick one so I can't speak anything of that one
I have appts at both based on the fact there the only two with loaners avil. Well see thou. Thanks man

TMPS Sensor 09+ For Sale
x1 Seat Belt For Sale
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
nosmo72
No Way
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
2008 335XI  [10.00]
I bought my 335 from BMW of Warwick but, I never bring my car there for service. I've heard too my horror stories from friends about the terrible service quality. I always go to BMW of Newport. The service I get from there is fantastic. They always have BMW loaners available, the techs are always spot on, and they work with you to knock down the cost if you're out of warranty or CPO. They just do everything they can to make you happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
SO__USA
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 BSM M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmo72
I bought my 335 from BMW of Warwick but, I never bring my car there for service. I've heard too my horror stories from friends about the terrible service quality. I always go to BMW of Newport. The service I get from there is fantastic. They always have BMW loaners available, the techs are always spot on, and they work with you to knock down the cost if you're out of warranty or CPO. They just do everything they can to make you happy.
+1 BMW of Newport is the best!
      12-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Beakmoney
Private
Rep
Drives: Company car+07 335i

i've been to warwick a bunch of times. always have been treated very well but i feel like the techs need to spend more time on the customer's specific concern rather than just throwing parts at the problem. i'm probably going to try newport before my warranty expires.

you newport guys, is there any specific advisor i should talk to? my car is, as inskip put it 'very modified' so i'm hoping for someone who is more of a 'car guy' than a parrot who couldn't care less.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
SO__USA
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 BSM M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakmoney
i've been to warwick a bunch of times. always have been treated very well but i feel like the techs need to spend more time on the customer's specific concern rather than just throwing parts at the problem. i'm probably going to try newport before my warranty expires.

you newport guys, is there any specific advisor i should talk to? my car is, as inskip put it 'very modified' so i'm hoping for someone who is more of a 'car guy' than a parrot who couldn't care less.
Ask for Jeff beakmoney. I've been going to him since I bought my car in 09! he's the younger of the sa's and very knowledgeable (even said tranny fluid change is a good idea. lifetime fluid=100k Lol) . The only thing is I don't have any mods so I'm not sure how lenient he may be..... But he's cool and will definitely be as fair as he can. Tell him Carlos sent you!
      12-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Ive been VERY happy with BMW of Sudbury so far. Colleen (my SA) and Mark (Tech 4047) have been great to me. Very communicative, confidence inspiring, and Mark seems to be very proficient in the N54 platform. Until i have reason to change to Shrewsbury, i will stick with Sudbury.
      12-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
2Times
I'd hit it
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 xd  [10.00]
^ I'm with b1aze, I go to Sudbury also, been happy with them so far.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
nosmo72
No Way
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
2008 335XI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresousa View Post
Ask for Jeff beakmoney. I've been going to him since I bought my car in 09! he's the younger of the sa's and very knowledgeable (even said tranny fluid change is a good idea. lifetime fluid=100k Lol) . The only thing is I don't have any mods so I'm not sure how lenient he may be..... But he's cool and will definitely be as fair as he can. Tell him Carlos sent you!
Jeff's great and Jerry really good too. Just to give you an idea on my e92 335....I have 19" VMR710s, M3 bumper, M3 side skirts, AFE stage 2 intake to name a few. It's pretty obvious the car's modded. Non issue. One of the techs even told me he liked what I've done with it. Mine is still under CPO and when my transfer case went a few months back, Jeff just made sure the part was covered...no issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
explorer2
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

I've had good experiences with both Newport and Warwick (BMW, as well as the other Inskip dealerships). I have noticed that Warwick is generally cheaper for parts when compared to Newport. For example a non CA replacement key was about $70 less from Warwick.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #12
Beakmoney
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmo72
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresousa View Post
Jeff's great and Jerry really good too. Just to give you an idea on my e92 335....I have 19" VMR710s, M3 bumper, M3 side skirts, AFE stage 2 intake to name a few. It's pretty obvious the car's modded. Non issue. One of the techs even told me he liked what I've done with it. Mine is still under CPO and when my transfer case went a few months back, Jeff just made sure the part was covered...no issues.
Will be calling Newport this afternoon. I've got a few issues I want them to address including what appear to be damaged transmission bolts(my throw out bearing was replaced by Warwick but its a long story) and my rear turbo and valve cover appear to be leaking. At this point I have bms intakes, jb4(easily turned off), vrsf downpipes, dinan mufflers, bilstein coilovers, h&r sways and methanol.
We'll see what happens. Being in the business may buy me a bit of consideration, that and almost anyone with a brain can see my issues are not stemming from the modifications. Will update as things happen.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
Beakmoney
Private
Rep

Update: My car has now been to Newport twice. The first time for an oil leak that I was pretty sure was the rear turbo..turns out it was a cracked valve cover, they replaced it in a timely manner (half a day). Most recently I had them replace my clutch(OEM dual mass flywheel, spec stage 2 +, oem bolts/bearings/fork/bushings) and that was actually a hassle because at some point my motor has been swapped(or BMW f'ed up during assembly). Supposed to have a 6 bolt flywheel, so that's what I ordered from Phil@Reeves(who I will be buying ALL of my OEM parts from going forward) based on VIN. Newport pulled the transmission off, immediately informed me that I had purchased the wrong flywheel and worked with me to get it resolved. Paul@Newport was fantastic, said it was no problem for me to keep the loaner car while I sorted everything out. 2 days later they had the correct flywheel thanks to Phil@Reeves' special order and overnight shipping...AMAZING!
Fair price for excellent work. Newport informed me that my fears were confirmed that 2 transmission bolts were stripped in the block. The last place to have the transmission off was Inskip.....twice...not happy, will be addressing with service director when I have a weekday off considering the second time they apparently removed the transmission was to address a bolt that was not threaded in all the way(which I noticed during wheel repair) after they replaced my throw out bearing.
I'm pretty much the easiest customer to deal with, so naturally your mileage may vary, I just expect the job done right and if it isn't, then I expect a fair resolution.
At this point the more pressing issue is that my motor is not what the VIN says it is. While I'm semi-pleased with this because allegedly the 07-08 blocks were stronger, I'd like to at least know how it got there..so now I need to contact the original owner which may be complicated because I'm the 3rd owner of the car.

That's all for now!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #14
infidel335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

I go to Shrewsbury and the service is fine but the one thing that bugs me is they do not give me a loaner BMW when I drop my car off. I'm not trying to be snobby but back in Atlanta when I dropped my car off I was given the same model or better. I don't need that level as any BMW would suffice. It's different when my choice is a rental minivan or Jeep Liberty from Enterprise.

335xi: JB4 G5 | KW V1s | muffler delete | BMS DCI | VRSF 7" FMIC | VMR v703 18x8 | and your mom
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
neelkc12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: x3

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Loaner in Shrewsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel335 View Post
I go to Shrewsbury and the service is fine but the one thing that bugs me is they do not give me a loaner BMW when I drop my car off. I'm not trying to be snobby but back in Atlanta when I dropped my car off I was given the same model or better. I don't need that level as any BMW would suffice. It's different when my choice is a rental minivan or Jeep Liberty from Enterprise.
==============

Hint : Land up on a real foul weather day when enterprise rental guys do not showup.. you would get a BMW loaner
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
AW e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW e90

ALthough I'm a newer Bimmer owner I have no complaints thus far in Warwick.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
MSport35TT
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [1.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW e90 View Post
ALthough I'm a newer Bimmer owner I have no complaints thus far in Warwick.
Same, I have been going there since I had my car and my SA has been extremly cool with my mods

TMPS Sensor 09+ For Sale
x1 Seat Belt For Sale
Appreciate 0