E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Which Procede maps, firmwares and user s/w R compatible w/each other?

08-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35 & 335i now - M2/M4 next?

Which Procede maps, firmwares and user s/w R compatible w/each other?

Which combinations are compatible with each other? I'm assuming one can't run newer maps with older firmwares?

These were the combos IIRC:
  • 5-29 maps / 117 firmware / 3.1 software
  • 7-14 maps / 125 firmware / 3.11 software
  • 7-29 maps / 127 firmware / 3.121 software

I just loaded the latest combo, and the car had issues lurching when I took my foot off the gas after accelerating, and even hesitated at times on acceleration (I hope it's not the HPFP! I just had it replaced!). I was just doing runs by cruising in 2nd gear at 3000 RPM, and then hitting the gas 3/4 way down, to get to 4000 RPM, so I could test out turbo lag when going from cruising to acceleration.

I'm waiting for Shiv in the meantime to contact me so I can trouble shoot it better, but thought in the meantime to roll back to a prior one to rule out the firmware / map as the issue, as I didn't have these issues before this update. Good thing I kept it all, as it's not available on the site anymore!

But I don't know if I can run the latest firmware and software for example, and try the 7-14 map or 5-29 one, or if each map must go with its own firmware.

What about the user software? Is that something that must be matched with a certain firmware / map combo, or just running the latest is fine, and it's backwards compatible with all prior firmwares and maps?

Last edited by Glowin; 08-27-2009 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
My suggestion is to run the newest maps and firmware. The are posted here.

The only things different between those maps is some safety features (oil temp control, ignition correction % ranges, etc,.) They should all drive, for the most part, identically. There are no reported driveability bugs with any of those maps. Maybe you are feeling something else going on.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hi Shiv, those are the ones I'm running. I sent you an email about this, would you contact me please so I can explain in more detail exactly what occurred so I can trouble shoot this?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post
Hi Shiv, those are the ones I'm running. I sent you an email about this, would you contact me please so I can explain in more detail exactly what occurred so I can trouble shoot this?
I've received a couple hundred emails in the last two days since offering the new beta maps. I don't know who you are unfortunately, please PM your info so i can track your email down.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just curious, does anyone know the answer to my question?
Appreciate 0