E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Recommended roads/routes

01-05-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
hovik
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

Recommended roads/routes

I recently moved to the Puget Sound area, but have yet to find any really good roads for a "Sunday drive" ? Which routes/roads do you guys recommend for a spirited Sunday drive ? Preferably less than 3 hours in total.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
mdash
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

It all depends on what you consider your type of "sunday drive." If you like scenary and spectacular views and crazy amounts of trees head east to the mountains. Literally. Hwy 202 can take you through Snoqualmie and eventually to I90. Hwy 202 can also take you to 203 which you can head north to hwy 2 and go up to stevens pass. If you want a longer drive head north to hwy 20 and head over to Winthrop. That is a spectacular drive!

If you like small towns and two lane roads with views of the puget sound take a drive up and around Camano Island or for a longer drive go up to Deception pass and cross onto Whidbey Island, drive down the Island and take the clinton fairy back to mukilteo. Another fun drive. There are so many great drives in this state. I use a computer program called streets and trips and will map out a route and take off. it is so much fun. If you want a long drive and maybe even a weekend trip head over to the penninsula and check out port angeles and port townsend and then head out to cape flattery and walk the trails to the farthest northwestern point in the country. it is worth the drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
hovik
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

I prefer a twisted 2 lane roads with enough straits to pass the slower traffic. I've driven Hwy 202, but would prefer something a bit more twisty. I'll check out 203->2.

Someone should create a blog on great routes around this area.
      01-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Phil Su
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i V4 / '05 GSX-R600

I like taking HWY 2 through Steven's pass, stop by Leavenworth, then take 97 through Blewett pass and then 970 to Cle Elum and then i90 the rest of the way back. If you do the entire loop, it will be more of a day trip than a 3 hour drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
san6279
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdash View Post
It all depends on what you consider your type of "sunday drive." If you like scenary and spectacular views and crazy amounts of trees head east to the mountains. Literally. Hwy 202 can take you through Snoqualmie and eventually to I90. Hwy 202 can also take you to 203 which you can head north to hwy 2 and go up to stevens pass. If you want a longer drive head north to hwy 20 and head over to Winthrop. That is a spectacular drive!

If you like small towns and two lane roads with views of the puget sound take a drive up and around Camano Island or for a longer drive go up to Deception pass and cross onto Whidbey Island, drive down the Island and take the clinton fairy back to mukilteo. Another fun drive. There are so many great drives in this state. I use a computer program called streets and trips and will map out a route and take off. it is so much fun. If you want a long drive and maybe even a weekend trip head over to the penninsula and check out port angeles and port townsend and then head out to cape flattery and walk the trails to the farthest northwestern point in the country. it is worth the drive.
+1

Definitely check out Whidbey Island, Anacortes (Sunset Beach, etc), and the peninsula. All beautiful areas.
Appreciate 0