E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

02-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #1343
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

The fact you're only posting in this thread and defending those fucking cowboys speaks volumes, keep it up, it's funny as fuck
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #1344
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
The fact you're only posting in this thread and defending those fucking cowboys speaks volumes, keep it up, it's funny as fuck
Sounds like Iv touched a nerve. No need to post elsewhere as the car runs fine thanks mate
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #1345
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Think the above poster chose his/her username having checked the oil filler caps of the cars that he/she has sold to unsuspecting customers.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #1346
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteMayo View Post
Ah another friendly post. You obviously didn't click on the link in my second to last post. As hard as it may be to believe, perhaps pigs can actually fly Doc. As I said before, people generally only have negative feedback its just a sad state of affairs that any reference to positive results in abuse. As for the promotion of the forum that wouldn't bother me in the slightest since I have no association to BMWorld so all the best with your quest to topple said company. Sounds like your doing a great job, they've gone out of business. Oh wait!?
Oh yes a post from 2013! Sorry pal pigs can't fly. There are many poor companies still in business the purpose of the posts on here are to warn people of the perils of buying cars from big motoring world. Read the opinions of real people about the terrible experience of buying from big motoring world. Why actually are you a member on here if you never post except in this thread?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #1347
Brian mc21
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 320d M Sport

Big Motoring World of pain.
RVF400
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 05:31 AM   #1348
essex_lad
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Msport N53 Stage 2

I find they attract people with cheap prices on the net and then you get there and none of them cars are there and the ones that are cost a bomb. Plus they offer hardly anything on trade in.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #1349
Stoatmaster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 330i M Sport (MT)

Not long had my E92 330i MSport (Bought privately, and running very nicely due to a very considerate previous owner) and been reading this thread occasionally for amusement value.

Went to the car earlier to fetch something from the boot, and clocked it had BigMotoringWorld number plates!

The transmission hasn't exploded yet, but the plates are bloody coming off!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #1350
sadsac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 e91 330d m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoatmaster View Post
Not long had my E92 330i MSport (Bought privately, and running very nicely due to a very considerate previous owner) and been reading this thread occasionally for amusement value.

Went to the car earlier to fetch something from the boot, and clocked it had BigMotoringWorld number plates!

The transmission hasn't exploded yet, but the plates are bloody coming off!
I live in kent and notice cars with their plates quite often, always wonder how the transaction went for that person
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 10:04 AM   #1351
Mre46
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46

More tales of woe

Reading this compelled me to register to share my experience. I purchased a car from these people a few years ago and am looking for a new car at the moment. It sounds like nothing has changed with this company.

My car had a fault so spent a long time in their workshop. It was eventually ‘resolved’ but I don’t think the problem was truly cured (engine hesitancy) but I reached the point where it was so much hassle to keep taking it to Kent I settled for it how it was. Now a little older and wiser, I would not. I think they just kept resetting the engine management light.

What annoyed me the most was the lies I was told. I was trading in a very nice, FSH, BMW which they clearly really wanted as they knew it would sell (I was only selling as I needed a bigger car). The salesman told me he wanted it for his wife (I feel embarrassed I fell for this…maybe that’s why I’m such a cynic now). He gave me all the talk about it being perfect for her and he’d been waiting ages for one like mine so we did a px deal and I expect this did soften me around the price I accepted. When I came back due to the fault on the car I bought, it was on the forecourt for sale!

Their business model is simple and it means you might get a good car, you might get a lemon.

They buy cheap, make cosmetic fixes, and get them on the forecourt quickly (mine had brand new wheels which transform a cars appearance). So if it had a fault when they got it, it won’t be fixed before you buy it (they’ll reset the warning lights etc.). It might have been OK, in which case you’ll have done well. Basically, it’s like buying privately, hence such low prices. My hunch is they buy cars coming off company fleets which BMW themselves don’t want back in their network.

I was smart in one way in that my car had been on a company fleet and had a FSH with BMW (lost log book – what a surprise!) but I was able to ring BMW who faxed me all the receipts. I at least had proof the car had a genuine service history.

All the other techniques such as cars on their website which don’t exist are all designed to get you to the forecourt. Holding back from letting you test drive until the end is another technique to get you closer to a sale and not to see faults with the car when you eventually drive it as you’ve mentally purchased the car already.

I’m in the market for a new motor and annoyingly the likes of Auto Trader are full of their cars. I would rather have an RAC inspection done on a private sale than buy from them as I’d have much better peace of mind.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #1352
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wow.......just wow.

I thought places like this went out of business years ago!

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust Mod // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3 //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 04:14 AM   #1353
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 320D (184) M Sport Saloon

Don't get sucked in!

Has anyone noticed how Big Motoring World has set up it's latest website?

Doesn't it look smart, I mean, lots of pictures of happy customers receiving their motors from pretty 'airhead girls' over at their Snodland pickup centre.

This is just to try and improve their image. Don't forget for every happy smiling customer there's probably at least 4-5 customer's that have had a terrible experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #1354
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Recently started to listen to LBC on the car radio and makes me cringe every time I hear one of their adverts.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #1355
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Jeez Andy2015 That's some story. I had a shudder go down my spine when I drove past another of their establishment in Canterbury the other day.
Previous.MINI JCW. E92 325i. 435d M235i.M135i. 635d Coupe, E92 M3 manual, E92 M3 DCT Competition Pack. E92 335i, Porsche Cayman S Gen2, 135i Coupe. E92 320d, MK5 R32. MK5 Golf GTi,MK5 Golf GT-TDI,E46 318Ci.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #1356
Mre46
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46

The other half was looking at cars online the other day and said how the model/year of car I said was out of our price range wasn't because she'd seem some online - sure enough, the only person selling such a 'bargain' was our friends at Big Motoring World.

Funny how they weren't even any private sellers listing at those prices - too good to be true!!

Some of the cars look really nice but there's normally a reason under the bonnet they've ended up being sold by them...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #1357
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

[QUOTE=gIzzE;15044143]Let's see what your thoughts are when there is a problem.

I agree many will buy and never have to speak to them again, they will not see what the issue is, but many it turns into a hell.

I think we can sum up that you went in, bought a car you wanted and have had no issues, so for you they have been great.

I have read about these guys for the last few years and some of the stories are shocking for such a big set up.

Think yourself lucky.[/QUOTE

Sold the car recently but nothing went wrong with it from the day I purchased it.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #1358
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Mr Mayo great to hear from you again, in 2 years on this forum you have only posted in this thread and 1 other when you wanted to know how to turn up the sat Nav volume. We never did get to see pictures of your car.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #1359
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Mr Mayo great to hear from you again, in 2 years on this forum you have only posted in this thread and 1 other when you wanted to know how to turn up the sat Nav volume. We never did get to see pictures of your car.
Ah doc_ab. We've been here before haven't we. As was made clear to you previously, the C2 forum posts should provide all the clarification you need. Appreciate you find it difficult to tie your own shoes but it really is possible that I could post in just two separate threads. :0

Again, what difference would posting pictures of a car make? I could use photos of any BMW. It was on autotrader until recently. Now Iv an X5. Didn't come from BMWorld though.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 01:01 PM   #1360
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteMayo View Post
Ah doc_ab. We've been here before haven't we. As was made clear to you previously, the C2 forum posts should provide all the clarification you need. Appreciate you find it difficult to tie your own shoes but it really is possible that I could post in just two separate threads. :0

Again, what difference would posting pictures of a car make? I could use photos of any BMW. It was on autotrader until recently. Now Iv an X5. Didn't come from BMWorld though.
Ah Mr Mayo personal insults are the last refuge of an intellectual coward.
Wouldn't be a very good idea to tie my shoes, don't even know what tying shoes is, shoelaces I can manage.

Shame you didn't go back to big motoring world who gave you such good service and such a good deal on your last BMW. You are so active on this forum that you only posted all but 2 of your posts on this forum, just odd that you hardly ever post except when someone posts in this thread. Hope this helps to bump this thread and warn prospective buyers to be very careful before buying from big motoring world. When did the become BMWOrld, BMW might have something to say about that.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #1361
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Ah Mr Mayo personal insults are the last refuge of an intellectual coward.
Wouldn't be a very good idea to tie my shoes, don't even know what tying shoes is, shoelaces I can manage.

Shame you didn't go back to big motoring world who gave you such good service and such a good deal on your last BMW. You are so active on this forum that you only posted all but 2 of your posts on this forum, just odd that you hardly ever post except when someone posts in this thread. Hope this helps to bump this thread and warn prospective buyers to be very careful before buying from big motoring world. When did the become BMWOrld, BMW might have something to say about that.
Oh the irony doc_ab. Very warming and intellectual posts from you round about page 59, inc post dated 29.11.15. Oops!

Just like pigs can fly it is even possible to tie your shoes. You don't need the word lace to get the point across. Sadly your sarcasm fails you again, although but let me help you:

http://m.wikihow.com/Tie-Your-Shoes

Given your previous, lets put that down to you being somewhat intellectally bankrupt.

Ah, well BMWorld didn't have an x5 in stock so that puts that argument to bed. By the way how are BMWorld doing these days? Have you managed to put them out of business with this thread several years on?

Yes, posts in just two threads. How astonishing but lets highlight that regardless of the fact I'm not a BMWorld employee who would typically post once and once only and praise the owner in the process.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 03:44 AM   #1362
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Oh dear touched a nerve?

Talking of irony accusing someone of being intellectually bankrupt and spelling it intellectally, well I had a chuckle.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 04:02 AM   #1363
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

This thread just keeps on giving
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 04:07 AM   #1364
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Ps never for a moment imagined that this thread would put Big Motoring World out of business but you can see from posts that several people have posted that they decided to buy a car elsewhere. Multiply this by all the views and those that haven't posted and we must have saved a few people spending their hard earned cash at big motoring world and being let down.
Appreciate 0