E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > go to Charlie @Mckenna!: 01-31-2014

go to Charlie @Mckenna!
Calendar: USA - California
cialz
Second Lieutenant

So I made a few mistakes.
1. Let the boss at home tell me I can’t get a Porsche because it’s not practical (but she is worth it)
2. So imo I settled for the next best thing in my head (e93)
3. Research the car after I got it (yea I know)

I got a used 07 e93 with 72k (wedding costs are killing me (ie hiring a band when I only listen to talk radio haha)
I discover this forum and found out about a turbo issue and hpfp from reading the review on Charlie's service down below in another post. I contacted Charlie and we set up an appointment to drop off my car and Charlie said there might also be injector recall. (I never knew about it) and he told me about the walnut blasting. – My first thought was damn why did I get this car?

A couple of days later Charlie called me and let me know I will be getting new turbos. HPFP looks okay and I have until 120k. Injector issues but they cant warranty it because i'm at 72k and 2k over (not Charlie's fault.) I contacted bmw na and hopefully they will take care of it.

End of the day Charlie just made my experience nice for a few reasons:
• He didn’t BS me. (not my first bmw and i have had some horrible stories: 2k quote from southbay bmw for angel light bulb that went out in a m5)
• He didn’t try to sell me other stuff that I didn’t need.
• He tried to educate me a bit on this car.

I'm A LOT closer to other dealers but his service made it worthwhile. (I was in Pasadena so I have Monrovia and New century)

Enjoy the coffee Charlie!
RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed.