E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > PROGMAN 25.00.03 Released!

04-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #133
MusicMan
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogson100 View Post
Cars with voice recognition that have been programmed with V25.x need enabling codes to activate the function. If the codes dont load from the FSC DVD then the codes can be obtained by ordering using this part number 65 83 6 976 389 via the parts system from the dealer.
Once this order has been processed BMW AG will create the enabling codes and make them available for the dealer to download from the ASAP website (aftersales assistance portal).Can take approx 2 hrs to half a day.
The download is located in the "parts and accessories" section and lower down on that page is a section called "sweeping technologies" and the top link is "download Freischalt codes".

When this link is opened there are two boxes that open one asks for vehicle VIN number the other one asks for the dealer number the trick here is to leave the vin number blank and just enter the international dealer number then the download will be displayed and its just a case of clicking on it unzipping it save it to a floppy then it can be imported to the vehicle when it is programmed. If the Vin number is entered in the download section it does not display anything.

I have done this process myself several times and I have had no problems getting the voice recognition to work.
Paul
Paul thanks for your post. According to what I was told by my dealer, they tried this option and it did not work. Not sure if it has something to do with UK vs. US updates.
      04-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #134
magamaga
-
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I just got a call from my SA and she said that the tech found my arrow display to be working just fine. I don't think the dude really looked but since I actually don't what really is not working with the "arrow that does not show" Can someone actually explain to me what really "is not" working with the arrow that should "show"?

Thanks!
325i Sparkling Graphite/Navigation/Steptronic/HeatedSeats/ DRL Angel Eyes/Metal Pedals/Tail Pipe Tips/Rear BMW Spoiler/BMWAlarm/LoJack/BlackLineTailLights/Hardwired BeltronicsProfessionalRX65RadarDetector/Rear FogLights/Debadged/LUX 5.0/ACS Roof Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 09:41 PM   #135
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

Well, my car is in for an update now... we will see how this turns out.
      04-18-2007, 11:43 PM   #136
jnT
SG E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
I just took my car in today an they put 25.00 in my car. They also said 25.04 for just the mp3 player. I wonder why they just didn't update everything to 25.04?
      04-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #137
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
Well, my car is in for an update now... we will see how this turns out.
please keep me in the loop with that. i think our cars are around the same build. tell me what works and what doesnt, and the version #, thanks
      04-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #138
Bimmerguy
Rep
Drives: 20006 330i

Question Two voice recognition questions

1. Is it the case that the current software hoses voice commands in ALL e90 330i sedans? If so, should the service advisors know this?

I brought my car in for warranty work (defective seat mat for the SRS in the passenger's seat). When I got the car back, the Nav display looked different, and the voice commands didn't work. No one told me in advance this would happen.

I live 35 miles from my dealership. I called to report this. The service advisor said that perhaps they didn't get the computer "initialized" correctly and asked me to bring the car back. I took a day off work (I own my business) drove to the dealership, sat in the waiting area for two hours, and the service advisor came out and told me he had some "information" for me.

He said the software was correctly installed; I had the latest version; everything seemed to be working OK, but I was correct, the voice recognition no longer functioned. He said he was submitting a "PUMA" report to BMW NoA. I said "what" a PUMA report; he responded "I don't know what it stands for, that's just what it's called."

In the dealership parking lot, I activated my BMW Assist phone, spoke to BMW NoA Customer Service (actually, it was my first call to THEM that led me directly to my second trip to the dealership). They were quite courteous, but nothing in what they said led me to any understanding this was a known issue!

2. How can I tell what version of the software is in my car now?

I think my car was a May or June '05 build (330i sport/premium, manual tranmission/Nav/iDrive/Sat Radio)

Thanks so much,
Jim
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #139
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
Actually, yes they gave me a car after I realized the VR was not working.
So I have now driven back and forth to the dealership 2 times, hopefully only 1 more time to once again reinstall the software. Still think it's not a waste of time?
and also we didn't buy a bimmer to drive some rental-like loaner car. giving loaner cars is a sorry excuse for not having the car I paid big money for.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #140
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuthair View Post
So, your VR or RTTI doesn't work for a couple of weeks? What did you do before these features were available?
This is like saying the turbos failed in my car so I should drive my car imagining how life was before the 335. yeah right!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #141
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuthair View Post

And this notion is just preposterous:
Is it really? If BMW is not doing proper testing people are going to lose faith especially since most of the components are controlled by computers in the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #142
MusicMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerguy View Post
1. Is it the case that the current software hoses voice commands in ALL e90 330i sedans? If so, should the service advisors know this?

I brought my car in for warranty work (defective seat mat for the SRS in the passenger's seat). When I got the car back, the Nav display looked different, and the voice commands didn't work. No one told me in advance this would happen.

I live 35 miles from my dealership. I called to report this. The service advisor said that perhaps they didn't get the computer "initialized" correctly and asked me to bring the car back. I took a day off work (I own my business) drove to the dealership, sat in the waiting area for two hours, and the service advisor came out and told me he had some "information" for me.

He said the software was correctly installed; I had the latest version; everything seemed to be working OK, but I was correct, the voice recognition no longer functioned. He said he was submitting a "PUMA" report to BMW NoA. I said "what" a PUMA report; he responded "I don't know what it stands for, that's just what it's called."

In the dealership parking lot, I activated my BMW Assist phone, spoke to BMW NoA Customer Service (actually, it was my first call to THEM that led me directly to my second trip to the dealership). They were quite courteous, but nothing in what they said led me to any understanding this was a known issue!

2. How can I tell what version of the software is in my car now?

I think my car was a May or June '05 build (330i sport/premium, manual tranmission/Nav/iDrive/Sat Radio)

Thanks so much,
Jim
Jim,
Completely understand your frustration, been there done that. Especially the non-answers coming from BMWNA. Not sure what constitutes a "known issue". Does it take 100 calls, 500 calls or possibly several thousand calls before it's a "known issue".
Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed that a software fix is only 2 weeks off.
      04-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #143
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Any Updates????
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #144
MusicMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ View Post
Any Updates????
Spoke to my dealer yesterday, shop foreman to be exact. Still no update to fix the problem. Maybe in 2 weeks is the best answer I could get.
      04-20-2007, 11:14 AM   #145
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

I just brought my car in for the update, and I am getting alittle worried now. I know I rarely use the voice recognition button, but I haven't updated my iDrive in about 1 year, so the current iDrive software is undoubtably pretty old. I left my E90 at the dealership at 11 am EST yesterday and still have not recieved a phone call for completion.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #146
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusinvestor View Post
I just brought my car in for the update, and I am getting alittle worried now. I know I rarely use the voice recognition button, but I haven't updated my iDrive in about 1 year, so the current iDrive software is undoubtably pretty old. I left my E90 at the dealership at 11 am EST yesterday and still have not recieved a phone call for completion.
Hopefully they're not trying to call you with a status report using the Voice Recognition functions of your car, cause there ain't none no mo'.!!
      04-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #147
Hogson100
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
Paul thanks for your post. According to what I was told by my dealer, they tried this option and it did not work. Not sure if it has something to do with UK vs. US updates.
What problems are the US experiencing , is it getting the codes or are the codes not working?
Paul
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 01:26 PM   #148
MusicMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogson100 View Post
What problems are the US experiencing , is it getting the codes or are the codes not working?
Paul
From what I was told, the codes do not work.
      04-20-2007, 02:07 PM   #149
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Am I really the only person on this forum that has gotten the Progman 25.XX update with normally functioning voice recognition???

I have had my car back for over a week, but I keep seeing this thread popping up with people still complaining about VR not working. For those who are using "enabling codes", has that worked? If not, does a newer version correct the problem?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #150
MusicMan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD View Post
Am I really the only person on this forum that has gotten the Progman 25.XX update with normally functioning voice recognition???
Consider yourself very lucky!
      04-20-2007, 03:19 PM   #151
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I have had my car back for over a week, but I keep seeing this thread popping up with people still complaining about VR not working. For those who are using "enabling codes", has that worked? If not, does a newer version correct the problem?
Are you the guy who had his CCC removed/reprogrammed/reinstalled?
      04-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #152
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
Are you the guy who had his CCC removed/reprogrammed/reinstalled?
Yes, that was me.

As soon as my dealer realized that VR wasn't working, they called BMW NA for advice. The dealer was instructed to remove the CCC and send it to BMW NA for reproramming. Since the reprogramming of the CCC was done outside of the dealer, they weren't able to tell me exactly what was done.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #153
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes, that was me.

As soon as my dealer realized that VR wasn't working, they called BMW NA for advice. The dealer was instructed to remove the CCC and send it to BMW NA for reproramming. Since the reprogramming of the CCC was done outside of the dealer, they weren't able to tell me exactly what was done.
Then yours may, in fact, be the only 2006 e90 on the continent with BOTH working Voice Recognition AND Progman 25.00.XX.
      04-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #154
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 01 330ci; 07 335i

In addition to breaking VR on '06 models, progman 25 breaks RTTI on 335's and maybe on all '07 models. Any updates from those with broken RTTI? Has anyone found a fix?
Appreciate 0