E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My post-HPFP replacement impressions

06-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

My post-HPFP replacement impressions

Ok, my turn to get the HPFP replaced. I have almost imperceptibly long cranks (let's say 1.5-2 seconds to start instead of the usual 0.5-1s), one limp mode and 2 engine stops at very low speed when I was in neutral approaching a crossroad. But the car ran fine, although at the dyno I got 252whp instead of the earlier 297whp (I have the BMW Power Kit). I figured it can be the gas quality...

Today I drove the car after HPFP replacement to see if my complaint of power loss has gone. And indeed, the car has significantly more power now, especially in higher gears (4-6). And now I realize I spent about 9 months with power loss and no one would listen: no engine codes, the service managed told me it is because of the "bad gas"

So the power is now back as it should be and you can't imagine how glad I am !

One thing that bothers me though is that they broke a small plastic piece from the airduct (picture below) which held it in place. I didn't mention this to them, but if I do I am sure they will replace the part. My question is, is this a big deal ? Can the engine draw hot air unnecessarily from that ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
its fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Ok, my turn to get the HPFP replaced. I have almost imperceptibly long cranks (let's say 1.5-2 seconds to start instead of the usual 0.5-1s), one limp mode and 2 engine stops at very low speed when I was in neutral approaching a crossroad. But the car ran fine, although at the dyno I got 252whp instead of the earlier 297whp (I have the BMW Power Kit). I figured it can be the gas quality...

Today I drove the car after HPFP replacement to see if my complaint of power loss has gone. And indeed, the car has significantly more power now, especially in higher gears (4-6). And now I realize I spent about 9 months with power loss and no one would listen: no engine codes, the service managed told me it is because of the "bad gas"

So the power is now back as it should be and you can't imagine how glad I am !

One thing that bothers me though is that they broke a small plastic piece from the airduct (picture below) which held it in place. I didn't mention this to them, but if I do I am sure they will replace the part. My question is, is this a big deal ? Can the engine draw hot air unnecessarily from that ?

that broken part isnt going to hurt anything at all, but it does suck that they broke something so easy to remove, push them to replace it if it bothers you alot, but breathe easy if you dont, because it has no important purpose, the snorkel will stay on on its own
Appreciate 0