E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > What have I done? (NCS Exp, Process car, code car)

04-26-2018, 12:07 PM   #1
tadaska
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 320D ES

What have I done? (NCS Exp, Process car, code car)

I was trying to code a new battery from 80Ah to 95 Ah with NCS Expert but the instructions did not match what I had on my laptop so I was probing around to see if I can find what I need. I think I might have been in Expertmode and possibly in Process Car when I clicked on Code Car and it started coding. I had a moment of utter shock when horrible scenarios went through my head but coding soon stopped and I think there were some light flashing on the dash and time got reset. Any idea what I did? I had just fitted a replacement ECU and a new battery and the car had been started but was not driven yet. After the coding I drove the car for the first time with the replacement ECU and all seems fine. The replacement ECU came with a remap and EGR delete (blank). Have I lost the remap or done something even worse?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
wololo7
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335d 2008

The description is vague, but I think you just coded the default values across the car's modules. Remap should be not affected, unless you updated the firmware for the DME, which I doubt you did.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 03:51 AM   #3
tadaska
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 320D ES

It took me many attempts to code my battery from 80Ah to 90Ah (I needed 95Ah but couldn't do it) with NCS Exp. Every time I edited the FSW_PSW.TRC file and renamed it to .MAN and then coded when I checked again it was always back to 80Ah. Eventually I succeeded by going to "Edit File" > FSW/PSW and ticking the "manipulate with FSW_PSW.MAN" option. I also had to do the EDIABAS Toolset 32 thingy whatever that does. After that it remained 90Ah.

So I'm thinking if it was so difficult to do the battery coding maybe that first accidental "Code Car" thing didn't actually do anything but just went through the motions empty?
Appreciate 0