E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2009 BMW 328i xDrive E91 Wagon in Space Grey w/Saddle Brown

08-15-2020, 08:37 PM   #1
donut_boi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M DGM

2009 BMW 328i xDrive E91 Wagon in Space Grey w/Saddle Brown

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Story:
The car was bought with about 140k miles in January of this year, previous owner is a member of this forum. The car has been very well taken care of with all maintenance done completed on time. Shortly after I took possesion of the car the modifications started as well as other major/preventative maintenance were completed by myself or at TechCraft in Irwindale, CA. Nothing was spared maintaining and building this car.

Reason for selling the car as some of you may know already, I recently acquired my dream spec E91 out of South Carolina.

Long story short, I'm looking to find this vehicle a perfect home with another fellow enthusiast.

Price:
$old!

Not parting out at the moment, also will likely keep the MPerformance exhaust, Mperformance shifter/ebrake w/boots, M3 mirrors, 513M wheels, euro intake, euro taillight/switch if I can't find a buyer to take the car as is.

NOTE: Im willing to work with any buyer that wants certain parts on the car only and adjust the selling price accordingly.

Shipping and PPI: Willing to ship/perform PPI at the arrangement and cost to the buyer.

Car:
2009 BMW 328i xDrive E91 Wagon in Space Gray and Saddle Brown Interior

NOTE: I'm the 3rd owner technically, however it shows I'm 4th owner based on the report. Original owner is BMW, corporate car then was sold to the 2nd owner then was bought by the previous owner and his dad (3rd owner). So if you don’t count BMW as the first owner then I’m technically the 3rd owner. Hope this clarifies the ownership history of the car when looking at the report.

Keys/Manual: 2 keys and manual available

Service Records and Receipt: All records in a organized binder (see picture) and in excel (can be emailed upon request), a one page summary service record from BMW is available up to about 124k miles. After that, paper records are available from the previous owner and myself

VIN: ********A540698

Miles: 144,XXX miles

Transmission: Auto

Paint Condition: 8.5/10
* 2 small dings (smaller than a dime) on the hood and one on the passenger rear quarter panel, can be PDR'd

Interior Condition: 8.5/10
* Normal bolster/seat wear on the driver side, addressed/touched up with matching dye from ColourLock

Title: Clean California Title on Hand

Options:
* Sports Package: 17" wheels, aluminum trim, sport seats, sport steering wheel w/paddles, shadow line trim
* Premium Package: Garage door opener, digital compass, power front seats, lumbar support, bluetooth system
* Value Package: Heated front seats, iPod and USB adapter
* Parking Distance Control (PDC) for Front and Rear
* Comfort Access
* Navigation System
* Logic 7 Sound System
* Heated Steering Wheel
* Rear Manual Side Window Shades
* Headlight Washers
* Rain Sensor and Auto Headlight
* Adaptive Xenon Headlights and Fog Lights
* Adaptive Cruise Control

Note: There is a DAMAGE and a MINOR collision reported on the Carfax, which I'm aware of what they are speaking from the previous owner. The damage reported on the driver/left side was from a cart that had hit the car. Then the minor collision was from another vehicle hitting the rear bumper of the car. I have pictures of the damage on the rear bumper from the minor collision that I can share with any prospective buyer. I also still have the stock rear bumper if the new owner would like to see or keep it.

Modifications:

Exterior:
- Aftermarket Front Msport Front Bumper
- OE BMW M Sport Side Skirts
- OE BMW M Sport Rear Bumper (has a very small crease, it was caused by me but not that visible)
- Xpel Tint All Windows
- BMW Gloss Black Grilles
- BMW E90 M3 Mirror Power Folding
- Custom Rear Lip Spoiler
- Single Step Paint Correction
- By end of the month or before the new owner takes the vehicle it will received a full paint correction and then ceramic coated

Wheels, Tires and Brakes:
- BMW Style 513M:
* 18x9.0 Front (ET29)
* 18x10.0 Rear (ET40) with 10mm spacer (ET30)

- Micheling Pilot Sport 4S
* 245/40/18 Front
* 265/35/18 Rear
Less than 1500 miles with TPMS and center caps
- Tire pressure: 38 PSI all around

Suspension:
- ST Coilover Kit (Part Number: 13220049)

Engine:
- BMW Euro Airbox w/AFE Dry Filter
- BMS Pedal Tuner

NOTE: Vehicle has the infamous oil pan leak, I can get this addressed before or work in the cost of the repair in the price.

Exhaust:
- BMW Performance Exhaust & Y-Pipe

Interior:
- E9X M3 Steering Wheel Trim
- BMW Performance Shift Boot and Shifter
- BMW Performance E-brake Boot and Handle
- No Drill Aluminum Pedal Set
- Trim wrapped w/3M Matte Gray Aluminum
- Car Engine Start/Stop Button Silver
- Ebay Micro Suede Steering Wheel Wrap with Silver Stitching

Lighting
- Euro Taillight Touring w/Amber Turn Signals
- Euro Light Switch w/Rear Fog Light
- Osram OE H8 (Angel Eyes)
- Osram CBI (Low Beam)
- Auxito LED Reverse Light (Coded so does not throw error code or flicker)

Maintenance:
Performed within the last 10k miles:
- Oil Filter Housing Gasket
- Front Rearward Control Arms
- Front Control Arms
- Vanos Adjuster Seal Kit
Performed within the last 4k miles:
- Front/rear differential, transfer case and transmission fluid replacement (OE BMW Fluids from FCP Euro)
- AC System Service (System was evacuated and refilled)
- Coil pack replacement and Spark Plugs (Purchased from FCP Euro)
- OE BMW Throttle Pedal
- OE BMW AGM Battery (Coded)
- Power Steering Service (Drain and fill)
- Cooling System Service (New hoses, water pump, thermostat)
- Vanos Solenoids Cleaned
- MAF Sensor Cleaned

Parts Replacement to Beautify the Vehicle : These were all done under my ownership.
- Side Skirt Pins (MSport Side Skirts)
- Side Skirt Clips (MSport Side Skirts)
- Hood Front Weather Strip
- BMW Hood Roundel
- Front Passenger Window Trim (Shadowline)
- BMW Jack Pad Replacement
- BMW Space Grey Touch up Paint
- Rear Wiper Arm/Blade
- Headlight Washer Nozzles
- Rear Passenger Side Shade Repair
- Rear Trunk Latch Trim
- Front Vent Tabs
- BMW Gear Shifter Trim
- BMW Passenger Right Cup Holder
- BMW Rear Window Switch
- Comfort Access Tailgate Wiring Repair (Common issues with E91 and other Touring models)
- Engine Under Belly Replacement
- Hood Insulation

I can provide more information and willing to meet up with interested parties, please no tire kickers. My contact information is listed above so feel free to call me or text me for a faster response.

Thank you so much everyone and happy modding!

John O.

Pictures:

Attached Images

Last edited by donut_boi; 08-25-2020 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 09:35 PM   #2
AoS810
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 N51, 2011 E91 N52

Just wanted to put in my two cents as John has been absolutely transparent and a pleasure to deal with for this E91. Unfortunately the timing isn't right for me to own and maintain two E9Xs.

John has been promptly responsive to every little question I asked about the car (and I asked a lot). He has not hesitated to be forward with anything about the car (i.e. paint dings, OPG). To me this speaks volumes to his character and care for the car.

I'm actually going to check out the car in person tomorrow and to have a friendly chat between enthusiasts. I'll update this post with my impressions of the car.

- James
Appreciate 1
donut_boi997.50
      08-15-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
donut_boi
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoS810 View Post
Just wanted to put in my two cents as John has been absolutely transparent and a pleasure to deal with for this E91. Unfortunately the timing isn't right for me to own and maintain two E9Xs.

John has been promptly responsive to every little question I asked about the car (and I asked a lot). He has not hesitated to be forward with anything about the car (i.e. paint dings, OPG). To me this speaks volumes to his character and care for the car.

I'm actually going to check out the car in person tomorrow and to have a friendly chat between enthusiasts. I'll update this post with my impressions of the car.

- James
Thanks so much James, much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 12:54 AM   #4
ekimp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT 6MT, '82 E24, '75 02

PO here! I owned this car from July 2018 to January 2020 when I sold the car to John via Autotrader. It was my daily driver until I replaced it with an i3 lease. Below are some sentimental notes of this car not included above:

This car was punched as a dealer demo and then driven by a manager at BMW Mt. Kisco (NY) for the first 15K miles. The technical first owner, a mortgage broker in CT, purchased the car later on in 2009 and put most of current mileage on from 15K to 128K. I never met the owner given the circumstances of acquiring the car, but I do know he was a BMW enthusiast who took great care of the car and also owned a ‘74 2002 as a weekend toy.

My father originally found the car with a for sale sign outside a diner parking lot in Westport, CT. Just two months before, I had bought a different E91 to move myself cross country from Connecticut to Los Angeles and I distinctly remember banging my head against a wall upon receiving intel of this one. It was exactly the spec I had wanted initially after settling for a pre-LCI low option triple beige example. The price was right and I knew I had to have it, so I made a deal with my father for us to buy it together with the plan being for me to eventually take it over and bring it out to LA after selling the other E91.

Although the car was purchased in July, I officially took it over in December 2018. That January, it made the cross country journey from Connecticut to Los Angeles- the same route which I had traveled just six months before in a different E91. Getting through blizzard conditions in the midwest and Colorado were a true test of this car’s capabilities that had not been covered in depth by the previous wagon. Nonetheless, it made it out with no issues to speak of.

In any case, this car served me very well in the short time I owned it. It’s been a trusty daily driver, moving van, occasional backroad stormer, and overall great companion in a new life in CA. I guarantee you will not find a more highly equipped E91 for the money, let alone one that has been as simultaneously well looked after and tastefully modified as this. John has done a tremendous job taking this car to a level that I had only dreamed of getting it to. If I had the space and means, I would love to be a repeat owner but an E91 doesn't quite fit into my life at current time the way it used to.

GLWS!

Last edited by ekimp; 08-16-2020 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 2
donut_boi997.50
rsevn159.50
      08-16-2020, 01:14 AM   #5
donut_boi
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimp View Post
PO here! I owned this car from July 2018 to January 2020 when I sold the car to John via Autotrader. It was my daily driver until I replaced it with an i3 lease. Below are some sentimental notes of this car not included above:

This car was punched as a dealer demo and then driven by a manager at BMW Mt. Kisco (NY) for the first 15K miles. The technical first owner, a mortgage broker in CT, purchased the car later on in 2009 and put most of current mileage on from 15K to 128K. I never met the owner given the circumstances of acquiring the car, but I do know he was a BMW enthusiast who took great care of the car and also owned a ‘74 2002 as a weekend toy.

My father originally found the car with a for sale sign outside a diner parking lot in Westport, CT. Just two months before, I had bought a different E91 to move myself cross country from Connecticut to Los Angeles and I distinctly remember banging my head against a wall upon receiving intel of this one. It was exactly the spec I had wanted initially after settling for a pre-LCI low option triple beige example. The price was right and I knew I had to have it, so I made a deal with my father for us to buy it together with the plan being for me to eventually take it over and bring it out to LA.

Although the car was purchased in July, I officially took it over in December 2018. That January, it made the cross country journey from Connecticut to Los Angeles- the same route which I had traveled just six months before in a different E91. Getting through blizzard conditions in the midwest and Colorado were a true test of this car’s capabilities that had not been covered in depth by the previous wagon. Nonetheless, it made it out with no issues to speak of.

In any case, this car served me very well in the short time I owned it. It’s been a trusty daily driver, moving van, occasional backwoods stormer, and overall great companion in a new life in CA. I guarantee you will not find a more highly equipped E91 for the money, let alone one that has been as simultaneously well looked after and tastefully modified as this. John has done a tremendous job taking this car to a level that I had only dreamed of getting it to. If I had the space and means, I would love to be a repeat owner but an E91 doesn't quite fit into my life the way it used to at current time.

GLWS!

Thank you Mike for filling in the information that I was missing, really appreciate the time you took to write this up. Also, this information definitely helps any prospective buyer understand how this car’s life started and where it is now.

If only the time was right, would have loved for the car to go back to you. Thanks again ekimp
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 03:51 PM   #6
AoS810
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 N51, 2011 E91 N52

Posting an update after I met up with John this morning for 3.5 hrs.

If you think the car looks nice from the pictures, I can confirm you are correct, but it looks even better in person. This thing is CLEAN. John clearly has a passion for these cars and the end product reflects that.

The exterior is in great condition, I didn't see any blemishes that John hasn't mentioned in his original post. The car looks great from all angles, the panel gaps look normal and I didn't see any typical signs of poor care (i.e. paint swirls). The exterior mods are what I can only describe as on point. If you look directly from the back of the car this is one of the nicest asses you'll see in your life. To provide an example of how this car has been cared for, I noticed that his PE exhaust tips were SO much nicer than mine (dull, no shine). John polishes the tips to a nice clean shine, AND even the inside of the tips is clean, his detail is shocking.

The interior is in really good shape as well. I didn't notice any foul odors. The trim wrap was done well, no weird tucks or folds that I could see. The saddle brown interior looks so nice in person, definitely a step-up from a typical black/beige/grey interior.

I didn't review the service records in detail however they are extensive and neatly organized in a binder for the next owner. The car sounded great when idling and I didn't hear any abnormal sounds from the engine or drive train. I didn't notice any leaks from the OFHG or valve cover. I couldn't crawl underneath the car to confirm the OPG leak but from his description it doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary. Great thing is its an N52 and not N51, with maintenance the N52 is bullet proof. A common issue at this mileage is the suspension which has already been replaced with ST coilovers (John has the records for this). The stance on this car is just right, I wouldn't change a thing.

Overall its a very clean car with a trust worthy owner. I believe the car is going in for a PPI today which again speaks that nothing is being hidden for this sale.

Appreciate John letting me check out the car and it was a blast chatting with you.
Appreciate 1
donut_boi997.50
      08-16-2020, 08:19 PM   #7
NOKO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91, E36M3, G05

Garage List
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Would like to give a shoutout to John as he is a standup guy who is very honest and knows his stuff when it comes to BMW's. I'm currently building my dream e91 which is new to me as I've never really modified before. John is super helpful and has given me advice on do's and do nots. I've purchased a few parts off him and can certainty say buy with confidence. You will be getting exactly as advertised. Anyone would be lucky to own this gem of an e91! Good Luck with the sale and someone will be getting one sweet touring!
Appreciate 1
donut_boi997.50
      08-16-2020, 09:32 PM   #8
donut_boi
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoS810 View Post
Posting an update after I met up with John this morning for 3.5 hrs.

If you think the car looks nice from the pictures, I can confirm you are correct, but it looks even better in person. This thing is CLEAN. John clearly has a passion for these cars and the end product reflects that.

The exterior is in great condition, I didn't see any blemishes that John hasn't mentioned in his original post. The car looks great from all angles, the panel gaps look normal and I didn't see any typical signs of poor care (i.e. paint swirls). The exterior mods are what I can only describe as on point. If you look directly from the back of the car this is one of the nicest asses you'll see in your life. To provide an example of how this car has been cared for, I noticed that his PE exhaust tips were SO much nicer than mine (dull, no shine). John polishes the tips to a nice clean shine, AND even the inside of the tips is clean, his detail is shocking.

The interior is in really good shape as well. I didn't notice any foul odors. The trim wrap was done well, no weird tucks or folds that I could see. The saddle brown interior looks so nice in person, definitely a step-up from a typical black/beige/grey interior.

I didn't review the service records in detail however they are extensive and neatly organized in a binder for the next owner. The car sounded great when idling and I didn't hear any abnormal sounds from the engine or drive train. I didn't notice any leaks from the OFHG or valve cover. I couldn't crawl underneath the car to confirm the OPG leak but from his description it doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary. Great thing is its an N52 and not N51, with maintenance the N52 is bullet proof. A common issue at this mileage is the suspension which has already been replaced with ST coilovers (John has the records for this). The stance on this car is just right, I wouldn't change a thing.

Overall its a very clean car with a trust worthy owner. I believe the car is going in for a PPI today which again speaks that nothing is being hidden for this sale.

Appreciate John letting me check out the car and it was a blast chatting with you.
Thank you James and hope to hang out more often and soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKO View Post
Would like to give a shoutout to John as he is a standup guy who is very honest and knows his stuff when it comes to BMW's. I'm currently building my dream e91 which is new to me as I've never really modified before. John is super helpful and has given me advice on do's and do nots. I've purchased a few parts off him and can certainty say buy with confidence. You will be getting exactly as advertised. Anyone would be lucky to own this gem of an e91! Good Luck with the sale and someone will be getting one sweet touring!
Thank you Noyan! Got lots of interests with one great potential buyer.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 11:49 AM   #9
JupiterBMW
Self Proclaimed Roundel Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 & '13 F25 X3

Geezus, I want to buy it just on the posts from fellow members/enthusiasts/owners! Great car. Too bad I can't buy it, I'd love to have it!
Past: '11 E91 335is, '11 E90 M3, '10 X5M, '14 328d, '03 330i Dinan3 ZHP, '04 330i ZHP, '12 X3 35i
Appreciate 4
4 Doors1169.00
donut_boi997.50
lab_rat394.50
      08-17-2020, 12:17 PM   #10
pocky
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91

I'd love to have this car too, even after I just bought my E91 yesterday. Maybe I'll be posting up my hooptie on the classifieds.
Appreciate 1
donut_boi997.50
      08-17-2020, 05:01 PM   #11
NYCiROLL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MSport E91

I love the provenance with this car. Amazing that the previous owner chimed in.
Appreciate 1
donut_boi997.50
      08-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #12
donut_boi
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
Geezus, I want to buy it just on the posts from fellow members/enthusiasts/owners! Great car. Too bad I can't buy it, I'd love to have it!
Thanks JupiterBMW , not sure if you realize that this was the E91 that got away from you earliest this year that Mike was selling. I'm the person that he mentioned that also owns a LeMans Blue E90 M3...I kept quite all along but maybe its meant to be but I know you recently acquired your bluewater E91.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocky View Post
I'd love to have this car too, even after I just bought my E91 yesterday. Maybe I'll be posting up my hooptie on the classifieds.
Car is still here and your local so that's a plus pocky ...someone please buy this mans hooptie E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCiROLL View Post
I love the provenance with this car. Amazing that the previous owner chimed in.
Thank you NYCiROLL , me and the previous owner Mike ekimp have kept in touch all this times sent him pics of the progress of the car and such. It is very nice of him to chime in and share the information that I was missing about the vehicle.

Lot of interest on the vehicle and I believe I have responded to everyone either via PM or text but if I have missed you, my apologies just please send me a follow PM/tect/call.

Thank you all and hopefully soon enough we will find this beaut a home
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 10:45 PM   #13
donut_boi
Major
Rep

Looks like we got a winner
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 10:48 PM   #14
pocky
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut_boi View Post
Looks like we got a winner
....not sure how I ended up here........

But boy does this car look familiar heh heh. oh y'all stop playing, it's the pocky mobile v2.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
donut_boi997.50
NOKO254.50
      08-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #15
donut_boi
Major
Rep

Deposit received...looks like she will be staying in the sunny state of California
Appreciate 3
pocky95.50
triax37130.00
NOKO254.50
      08-19-2020, 09:57 AM   #16
pocky
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Oh it's staying alright. Can't wait!
Appreciate 2
donut_boi997.50
triax37130.00
      08-25-2020, 10:18 AM   #17
donut_boi
Major
Rep

Arrow

Officially had gone home with another enthusiast pocky last night.

Thank you for such a smooth transaction and being patient.

Can't wait to see how Ray moves with this build, keep us all posted.
Appreciate 1
pocky95.50
      08-25-2020, 01:22 PM   #18
Fredo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Congrats to buyer and seller. This touring looks great.
Appreciate 2
donut_boi997.50
pocky95.50
      08-25-2020, 01:31 PM   #19
L James
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 328xi Touring

Congrats as well!! Of course this showed up the week after I bought the same car without the awesome upgrades!
Appreciate 1
donut_boi997.50
      08-25-2020, 08:35 PM   #20
pocky
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L James View Post
Congrats as well!! Of course this showed up the week after I bought the same car without the awesome upgrades!
Quote:
Originally Posted by donut_boi View Post
Officially had gone home with another enthusiast pocky last night.

Thank you for such a smooth transaction and being patient.

Can't wait to see how Ray moves with this build, keep us all posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Congrats to buyer and seller. This touring looks great.
Thanks all!

donut_boi What a great experience and all the random text messages about the car and your new car. Thank you once again for accommodating me. Can't wait to our photoshoot together.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
donut_boi997.50