E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Elmhurst BMW Broke My Windshield!

04-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #67
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #68
FastLane
Live life in this lane....
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

I bought my 335xi at Patrick and they are tune friendly fyi.

Also, if you go there, speak to a salesman named Derrick who will set you up with a service guy.

PM me and I can tell ya more if interested.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #69
Chromander
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4, G30 530e, 997.2TT

Thumbs up Reporting back

So I gave Elmhurst BMW a chance today and I am very happy.

After spending 5 trips to Laurel BMW, my problems were never resolved and they never offered to even wash my car.

First trip to Elmhurst BMW, quick service, got a loaner 335XI

Problems were detailed, problems resolved, and a free carwash....even washed my interior weathermats!!!!! Hey sometimes it's the simple things that count and make or break an opinion......

So if anything, I'd highly recommend the SA (Josh Levy) for those of you who bring your car in for service.

I'll definitely return to Elmhurst BMW!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #70
toolfan
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobindaE46 View Post
This was the same dealership that sell fake Eisenmann

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128373
it says WESTMONT on the plate, not Elmhurst!!
you know, there are 3 sides to every story, your side, their side and the truth. i think blaming one person for a whole dealership incident is rediculous. i have bought 2 cars from Elmhurst BMW and have had ZERO problems with them. I had issues with Patrick BMW, some people havent. My mom has had good experiences at Knauz BMW. I didnt get my vehicles from them because I dont live in Lake Forest anymore. I live close to Elmhurst and it is easy for service.
How many people have some one they dont like at their job? If you say you like everyone, you are lieing. at least the owner is doing something about this. the owners do not hear everything that goes through the dealership. granted, people should never be treated like they are just another number, but customers shouldnt expect the world. I am a consultant and think outside the box, maybe people should take a step back and look at an entire situation before making a final decision.
Hopefully to the OP everything is being handled properly. I am sure it is since the owner is contacting you and is concerned about their business.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #71
toolfan
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetstorm88 View Post
So I gave Elmhurst BMW a chance today and I am very happy.

After spending 5 trips to Laurel BMW, my problems were never resolved and they never offered to even wash my car.

First trip to Elmhurst BMW, quick service, got a loaner 335XI

Problems were detailed, problems resolved, and a free carwash....even washed my interior weathermats!!!!! Hey sometimes it's the simple things that count and make or break an opinion......

So if anything, I'd highly recommend the SA (Josh Levy) for those of you who bring your car in for service.

I'll definitely return to Elmhurst BMW!!!
Josh Levy IS a nice guy. Ask him about his 335i coupe. He is an enthusiast as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #72
Chromander
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4, G30 530e, 997.2TT

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan View Post
Josh Levy IS a nice guy. Ask him about his 335i coupe. He is an enthusiast as well.
Yep, we talked a bit about his days as an Acura enthusiast (I grew up on legend.org)....and how much he loves his 335i coupe now. He's a very nice guy. Excellent follow-up and detail.

Coming from the world of sales, I find it often difficult to negotiate with sales/service folks because you envision what it's like on the other side of the fence. It always help to make the other person try on the same shoe. At the end of the day, would you want to be treated the same way you treat others?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #73
Elmhurst AutO Group
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Jaguar Toyota Scion

Exclamation Update from Elmhurst Auto Group Directors

Hello forum members,

After reviewing the forum with the managers at Elmhurst BMW, we are not able to identify who "wreckdm" is. The comments made by this individual is completely unacceptable and would be dealt with in the most extreme measures if we find out in fact that it was sent from within this corporation! I ask the E90post forum administrator to contact me at Bpschiele@elmhurstautogroup.com with this help. We are currently making the manditory changes to continue being one of the best performing BMW dealerships in Chicagoland. Again, we apologize for any displeasures you have received and look forward to serving you in the future..

Sincerely

Brian Schiele
General Manager
Elmhurst Auto Group
Bpschiele@elmhurstautogroup.com

Bill Pfeffer
Sales Director
Elmhurst Auto Group
Bpfeffer@elmhurstautogroup.com

Larry Schibilla
Service Director
Elmhurst Auto Group
Lschibilla@elmhurstautogroup.com

Last edited by Elmhurst AutO Group; 04-04-2008 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 07:09 AM   #74
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Just keeping the record straight:

The troller "wreckdm" and "wreckdm2" whoose highly inflammatory and biggoted remarks (which were cleaned up by the hardworking mods here!) is actually the member "toolfan" who made a fake account to troll with. He is registered with an email address to the Elmhurst autogroup, so you guys can easily do the math on this one..
      04-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #75
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post

The troller "wreckdm" and "wreckdm2" whoose highly inflammatory and biggoted remarks (which were cleaned up by the hardworking mods here!) is actually the member "toolfan" who made a fake account to troll with. He is registered with an email address to the Elmhurst autogroup, so you guys can easily do the math on this one..
To think that he wasn't even smart enough to use a gmail or other free email account says it all...
      04-05-2008, 07:40 AM   #76
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I think he was one of the few who said they had a good experience at Elmhurst... so much for that.

Nice work! Seriously, thats terrible that their own employees are trolling forums like that.
      04-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #77
RyanDe680
Investor Relations
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

So let me get this straight. A guy from Elmhurst BMW comes on with two screen names, one to troll with and the other to act psuedo normal?

You've got to be kidding me.

This just gets better everyday.

After the impoliteness I received after going there, it's not surprising though.

What would top it all off is another response from Eugene...

Now I wonder if the screen name from Elmhurst autogroup is actually the directors or not...
      04-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #78
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

did someone just got own3d!
      04-05-2008, 08:08 AM   #79
justice
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
I can't believe this, it's unexcusable.

Quote:

330i Sport Package, 6spd, Terra interior.... suspension, wheels, and tint coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #80
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDe680 View Post
l

Now I wonder if the screen name from Elmhurst autogroup is actually the directors or not...
In all fairness I'm sure that Brian Schiele was the one who called me and posted here. I understand that it's easy to take the negative actions of a few employee's ( Service Manager, SA, and the sales person) in question and brand a entire dealer as bad, but to be fair management had taken responsibility for this problem and is fixing the windshield on my car along with promising to "shake up" their less than favorable employee's. Also, I was aware that all the upper management was on vacation together the week that this went down, and once it was brought to their attention they were all over it, it turns out the email address I had for Brian Schiele was wrong...
I'm not changing my tune about my experience, we can't change the past, but what's fair is fair. It's right to say that they had people make mistakes by treating me the way they did (after someone broke my windshield), but I feel the situation is being handled the best it can. I wouldn't want to be toolfan right now... a tool is right.
I hope that everything goes smoothly so I can talk about what happened in a positive light, and from talking with Brian I'm sure it will.
I understand shit happens, people make mistakes. Just this week I made a mistake by installing a few custom glass gobo's wrong into a lighting fixture and breaking them. Of course I took responsibility, and did everything I could to make it right, including offering to pay for the replacement and the overnight shipping. I couldn't help but think of this situation...

Plus I get one of their loners for a few days.... hehehe

j/k
      04-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #81
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
I understand shit happens, people make mistakes. Just this week I made a mistake by installing a few custom glass gobo's wrong into a lighting fixture and breaking them. Of course I took responsibility, and did everything I could to make it right, including offering to pay for the replacement and the overnight shipping. I couldn't help but think of this situation...
Exactly, but you didnt wait for your customer to complain elsewhere before you stepped up. You did it right away on the spot.

Anyways, this is in the past and its good to hear that the management did something once they heard about it on the forums. Glad its working out for you in the end, it could have been much worse!
      04-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #82
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Agreed with what ChiTown has said, we're all happy the management have stepped up to the plate and corrected the problem and is treating ChiTown as any enthusiast and customer should be treated!

Now about the trolling...
      04-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #83
Xiaofeng
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007.5 E90 335xi Montego/Lemon

Garage List
2007 E90 335xi  [0.00]
1991 325iX  [0.00]
Quote:

Oh wow.... This situation has progressed quite a bit since I last checked this tread. I was thinking that people were simply jesting that "wreckdm" was working for Elmhurst, only to find out that others were spot on in their guess. I'm glad to hear that Elmhurst management is doing something about this individual.

So if I understand this correctly, Eugene = BMW555 = toolfan = wreckdm = wreckdm2. Wow, looks like this poor soul is going to need to start looking for a new job post haste.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #84
Tuna
Rep
Drives: N/A 4 door

that's some BS
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #85
Elmhurst AutO Group
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Jaguar Toyota Scion

Exclamation Message from Brian Schiele Elmhurst Auto Group GM

Hello Forum members,

Since ChiTown's original post landed on my desk last Monday, we have made some changes so far at this dealership. I would like to thank Mark the E90Post administrator for his Emails to help find out who "Wreckdm" and "Wreckdm2" was. With his help, we have identified who that person is and he was release from this company. We have also identified the member "Toolfan" within our company. He is a true BMW enthusiast that started working for this company recently. He was not aware who "wreckdm" was or that it originated from this company. I will backup "toolfan" as a true BMW enthusiast that loves his BMW, the brand, and the people who drive BMWs. He was a member of E90Post before he started working at Elmhurst BMW. This holds true along with the majority of our employees here that drive BMW's. That is reason why they work here. But for them, we will still be refocusing on CSI training and customer handling. Eugene is BMW555 and is not "Toolfan" or "wreckdm". I would just like to clear that point. So there is our progress. I look forward to speaking to ChiTown personnally this Thursday during our appointment to have his windshield replaced. Also, I am open to any of you that have participate in this forum to suggestions or comments. I am confident that Elmhurst BMW is still one of BMW NA best BMW dealerships and all of our CSI reports from BMW NA still ranks us in the top 3 performing BMW stores in the Chicagoland market. So I know the majority of our people are doing it right and my faith in them is confident.

Sincerely
Brian Schiele
GM Elmhurst Auto Group
bpschiele@elmhurstautogroup.com
1-800-266-3000

P.S. Just to make one more correction... We don't sell anything that is not built by BMW for BMW.. The aftermarket "Esiemann" exhaust was not ours..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #86
Loseit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/CR/CF E92 M3

wow, totally missed this thread!
I might get beat for this buy i have had good experiences w/ Elmhurst. I dealt with a guy named Cheyene(?) who sold me car...the process was very smooth and I got a great price. I actually visited the place 3 or 4 times w/in a a 6 month period and he was patient. I drove all kinds of cars there.

As far as service is concerened. So far so good. I haven't had any major issues, the have been prompt. I deal w/ the female SA over there and she seems nice enough. I was weary of going there but it is close to where I live, work etc. The windshield story was stoking my fears because I have heard different things, but managment seems to be on the ball. That is key. I had a great relationship w/ my acura dealer for many years and would like to forge a similar relationship w/ my BMW dealership.

I am glad they stepped up to the plate. I have my fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #87
imaznumkay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

we should have a sticky thread titled "the blacklist"
to OP, hope your problem gets solved asap. sometimes, some people who get wrong job for their shitty attitudes, and they tend to make these unacceptable mistakes.
      05-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #88
oscar1976@comcast.net
Oscar1976
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Elmhurst BMW SUCKS

I little over a year ago my son bought a 2003 M3 from Elmhurst. It was late November so we did not fully check the sunroof. They gladly sold us an extended warranty, but when we noticed the sunroof didn't work, they said make a claim on the warranty, they denied it saying it was a pre-existing condition. I asked Elmhurst how they could sell me a warranty on the car when the sunroof didn't work, they said they would split the repair. The entire sunroof cassette had to be replaced and it cost him 600 dollars on top of the 2000 we paid for the warranty. That place is full of crooks!!!!! Sorry to hear they screwed someone else.
Appreciate 0