E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Bad experience with Rallye service dept.

10-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Thumbs down Bad experience with Rallye service dept.

So on 9/29 I call up Rallye to see if they had the BMW Performance SSK in stock and they didn't, so I told the parts guy to order it for me and he says OK and it should be here by thursday. I then proceed to make a 9am appointment for 10/03 (my birthday) to have it installed.

So I walk in to Rallye and one of the SA's assists me and tells me it should take roughly 2 hours and will cost in the sub $300 range. So I said OK I'll just wait around until I can get a ride.

Turns out that I couldn't get a ride so I stuck it out and just hung out in the cafe/lounge area waiting for them to finish up the car. 12:45pm rolls around and my SA walks up to me and says "Who was the parts guy you spoke with?" and I told him that I don't remember his name so he replies "OK I'm gonna go try to locate the part" and I'm thinking to myself "What? They didn't even start working on my car after 3 hours?!"

So 10 minutes later he comes back and says "The parts department doesn't have any records of you ordering the SSK, but if you'd like I can order it for you today and it should be here by next wednesday, also it's going to cost you around $800 with labor fees and tax."

I replied "No thanks, that's a bit much for a short shifter kit." Then walked away pissed off. He turned around and said "I'm sorry, have a nice weekend. The valet will get your car for you."

I went home that day and ordered the SSK from Tischer for $185 shipped, installed it yesterday and saved myself a huge chunk of change. Fuck you Rallye! :finger:

I just can't believe how stupid and unprofessional people can be when it comes to taking care of their customers and knowing that they have a job to fulfill and that I wasted 4 fucking hours of my morning sitting around doing nothing.
Appreciate 0