E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Full-Race Twin Scroll Turbo Kit in Development

04-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #111
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Is there an ETA of when we should hear more info about this kit?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #112
Dieselmd
Private
Rep
Drives: MW SO M4 DCT. EB M235i

Geoff @ Full-Ruce says he expects to debut the kit at Sema.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #113
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

2013 right?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #114
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I'm not sure why you keep posting that our kit will cost $10k. It won't.
Thanks for clearing that up

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #115
M///1rider
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200
Also, how can anyone even compare shivs single turbo with any other product. No other company has even shown any real world progress besides stating they are going to do it. And hpf has dropped the ball so many times on this project, I wouldn't let them touch my car with a 10 foot pole.

So for now, shivs is all there is for me until other companies start showing some significant progress.
Well just my .02 cents i feel that 4 meth injectors in the intercooler is not a solution. Many people have had a lot of trouble with shivs PWM meth kits over time.

I know shiv and HPF have talked to eachother before obviously and i feel if shiv incorporated HPF intake manifold to there car and had port methanol injection into all 6 cylinders with say a aquamist kit that provides the best atomization then shiv would have no questions from me.

Also im just waiting to see the fueling upgrade on his car.

Yes it run a BUNCH of miles and all and it seems great 630whp is a ton of hp on a rear wheel drive application .

I believe 10s will easily be broken by this kit especially if RBs best pass was a 11.1, we just have to wait for shiv to do the pass since he knows the car best. NLS and the 2 step could be really hard to work with for someone who never driven with it

But id really like to see HPFs manifold incorporated into a Vishnu single turbo and just leave the intercooler alone, then id buy it for a lot of money. Im sure their is endless R&D in this kit but i just want it to be simple and run good number not a crazy setup, like running 4 meth injectors into the intercooler. For rhe price tag these kits cost i just want to make sure everything is right!!! And not just throw together. Im trying to spend my money wisely!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #116
onesuperboi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335i COBB 4.01 Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M///1rider View Post
Well just my .02 cents i feel that 4 meth injectors in the intercooler is not a solution. Many people have had a lot of trouble with shivs PWM meth kits over time.

I know shiv and HPF have talked to eachother before obviously and i feel if shiv incorporated HPF intake manifold to there car and had port methanol injection into all 6 cylinders with say a aquamist kit that provides the best atomization then shiv would have no questions from me.

Yes it run a BUNCH of miles and all and it seems great 630whp is a ton of hp on a rear wheel drive application .

I believe 10s will easily be broken by this kit especially if RBs best pass was a 11.1, we just have to wait for shiv to do the pass since he knows the car best. NLS and the 2 step could be really hard to work with for someone who never driven with it

But id really like to see HPFs manifold incorporated into a Vishnu single turbo and just leave the intercooler alone, then id buy it for a lot of money. Im sure their is endless R&D in this kit but i just want it to be simple and run good number not a crazy setup, like running 4 meth injectors into the intercooler. For rhe price tag these kits cost i just want to make sure everything is right!!! And not just throw together. Im trying to spend my money wisely!
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #117
rader1
Banned
Rep
Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i

I'm pretty sure there are atleast half a dozen threads dedicated to/explicitly about the vishnu single turbo kit. How about the vishnu stuff go there and the Full race stuff go in the full race thread?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #118
nodleecyrb
Banned
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M///1rider View Post

shiv's PWM kit uses aquamist hardware, so the whole "best atomization" applies to the PWM kit, as well. people with PWM kit issues? like who? i bet most errors are caused by the user and/or install.

port methanol injection isn't that great of an idea, IMO. for one thing, the tmap sensor is pre-throttle body, which means the IAT's won't be affected by the meth injection, as far as the engine knows. proper atomization can't take place if you're injecting meth right into the intake ports.

hpf's manifold is a joke. there were several members trying to tell them that they needed proper oxygen sensor placement in the manifold to separate the 2 banks, but they didn't do it, and it caused big problems with the tuning. their "fix" looked like a big ghetto rig.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #119
Full-Race Geoff
Rep
Drives: lots

hey guys - Full-Race remains committed to debut at SEMA 2013 (in the BorgWarner booth). Myself, the GM at full-race and BW's global director of turbo engineering are all closet bmw junkies and would love to have a DD like this. Obviously we are not rushing this kit out, so anyone that wants to boost sooner than that there are many pioneers who can help in the interim. We made a large commitment to a major Auto MFG for this year's SEMA show, and assuming things work out it could be a very good thing for this platform. Its going to be at least a few months before we can share any detail - but I guarantee the Full-Race kit will be unique !
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #120
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff View Post
hey guys - Full-Race remains committed to debut at SEMA 2013 (in the BorgWarner booth). Myself, the GM at full-race and BW's global director of turbo engineering are all closet bmw junkies and would love to have a DD like this. Obviously we are not rushing this kit out, so anyone that wants to boost sooner than that there are many pioneers who can help in the interim. We made a large commitment to a major Auto MFG for this year's SEMA show, and assuming things work out it could be a very good thing for this platform. Its going to be at least a few months before we can share any detail - but I guarantee the Full-Race kit will be unique !
sweet.....thanks for chiming in Geoff!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #121
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Wow amazing news Geoff!! Tha ks for the update I can't wait for some more info

335 + Full Race + BW EFR = History
      04-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #122
jayzF30
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '09 M3

SEMA "2013"? Is that a typo?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #123
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff View Post
Sounds good.

Meanwhile, let the the early Vishnu single adopters test the limits of the n54.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #124
Young_Man
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

If only there was room for a top mount.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #125
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Man View Post
If only there was room for a top mount.
Top mount is actually O.G. on the 335i. The very first single turbo N54 was a top mount (VIP). They just didn't make it past the tuning stage. I predict that you will see more of those setups eventually.
      04-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #126
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleventeen View Post
Top mount is actually O.G. on the 335i. The very first single turbo N54 was a top mount (VIP). They just didn't make it past the tuning stage. I predict that you will see more of those setups eventually.
I am not sure that was ever real to be honest. Part of me thinks they just placed the turbo and some plumbing on there to get attention.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #127
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
I am not sure that was ever real to be honest. Part of me thinks they just placed the turbo and some plumbing on there to get attention.
That's possible, but it shows that a turbo will fit. You just have to get the coolant reservoir out of the way.
      04-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #128
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That's possible, but it shows that a turbo will fit. You just have to get the coolant reservoir out of the way.
I am not sure I agree. There were never enough pictures to show anything. I am not even sure the hood would close with what they showed. VIP was really, really shady.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #129
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am not sure I agree. There were never enough pictures to show anything. I am not even sure the hood would close with what they showed. VIP was really, really shady.
Hopefully someone reputable will try it. Top mount would be badass.
      04-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #130
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully someone reputable will try it. Top mount would be badass.
I just want the power of a single. I personally could care less if anyone sees it.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #131
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I just want the power of a single. I personally could care less if anyone sees it.
Well tell Shiv to hurry the hell up LOL.
      04-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #132
TheStig
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alot of everything.

Top mount Turbo would be the nuts!
-08 M3 DCT W/ Full Exhaust / Tune
-13 B8 Audi S4 APR Stage 2+
Appreciate 0