E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bmw Inpa/dis/ncs

09-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Bmw Inpa/dis/ncs

Can anyone reccomend me where to buy the above software from?
I bought a ebay lead which came with a INPA software and managed to get it to work (only able to read and delete codes). I wanted a bit information when running the diagnostics and perhaps start looking into coding

So I got DIS/SSS software (again ebay) and it came on a 3 disc dvd which had a 55 page instruction manual. After numerous attempts I think I got DIS to work but it would not recognise the car automatically and had to input manaually. But yesterday it just wont connect with the lead and coming up with errors. I have torn my hair out trying to get the thing to work.

Is there a reputable company where I can buy the software/lead from rather than ebay?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
E93learner
Private
Rep
Drives: 420D F33

Hi,

does the lead support dcan as on our newer cars the communication was changed from odb2 to dcan.

Regards,
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

yes the lead is dcan, I remember reading somewhere that there was a one click DIS instal software but cant find it
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro

Can you send me a link to where you got your coding cable and software from please ?

Thanks

Tom
      11-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
chesney72
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: JB4 G5 335i Sport Touring

Yeah its a pain to get working. Managed to get one that did a few years ago and use it a lot for diagnosis but recently coded digital speedo! Be careful with it though!

These guys seem to get good reviews though http://bmtechnic.co.uk/bmw-diagnostic-cable/

Sounds much easier to install too!

Edit: same guys I got my old one from so I would vouch for it. Might even update mine!!

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=59734
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesney72 View Post
Yeah its a pain to get working. Managed to get one that did a few years ago and use it a lot for diagnosis but recently coded digital speedo! Be careful with it though!

These guys seem to get good reviews though http://bmtechnic.co.uk/bmw-diagnostic-cable/

Sounds much easier to install too!

Edit: same guys I got my old one from so I would vouch for it. Might even update mine!!

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=59734
Yeah, I found that last night, ordered it- should be here tomorrow all being well
      11-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
chesney72
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: JB4 G5 335i Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNormal View Post
Yeah, I found that last night, ordered it- should be here tomorrow all being well
Looks good. The coding via SSS Progman looks easier/safer than NCS Expert. I wonder if it does all the same things though. Might have to get one and see
Appreciate 0