E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Finally Active Autowerke Software+Exhaust+BOV

03-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #23
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveff4 View Post
If you were paying attention, it was pointed out that Vishnu lost their exclusive distribution rights for the XEDE in the US (or North America?). And I wouldn't exactly say it's inferior...
Facts:
PROcede
Digital inputs: 4
Digital outputs: 4
Analog inputs: 4
Analog outputs: 4

Xede
Digital inputs: 1
Digital outputs: 2
Analog inputs: 3
Analog outputs: 3

Digital inputs/outputs are for on/off waveform signals such as crank timing, cam timing, vehicle speed, etc,.. Analog inputs/outputs are for 0-5v signals such as bar, MAP, o2, etc,.

There are a number of reasons we stopped developing, distributing, supporting the Xede after 5 years. But they really don't belong here. But the info above is a bit more pertinent.

shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 09:37 AM   #24
steveff4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

More I/O, sure, but that doesn't suddenly make the XEDE "inferior"...

2013 BMW M3 Coupe :
Interlagos Blue : Silver Norvillo : 6MT : Competition Package : ACM exhaust
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
pics of M3
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 09:42 AM   #25
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Shiv,

Personally I love your product. My PROcede is amazing and fixes all the "problems" that I noticed with the stock 335i.

From the consumer side, though, I think this AA development is great. More competition generally doesn't hurt the buyer! At the end of the day, though, there's a AA Tuned 335i that ran a quicker 1/4 mile. I'm not by any means a drag racer (I prefer carving canyons) but I think most guys will judge a product by that sort of "evidence". I mean, we all want more power, but generally speaking, I think wanting more power is just a proxy for wanting more SPEED. At the end of the day, people care about how fast you can get to 60mph or 100mph or 1320 feet, not how much you carry under the hood.

That said, I think you are at the forefront of 335i development. It's laughable that they say they are at the forefront of 335i tuning. If what you say about the inputs/outputs count is true, then release some extra features that help 0-60, 1/4 mile times such as launch control. Valet mode would be quite nice too.

Also, can you post that V 1.3 or V1.4 map? About two weeks ago you promised to post it but I haven't seen anything yet. Don't be a Microsoft!

Keep up the good work.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #26
bimport
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Facts:
Active Autowerks
Years tuning BMWs: 25+

Vishnu
Years tuning BMWs: less than 1

I think AA has a little more experience tuning BMWs than Shiv does.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 09:48 AM   #27
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

give us dyno's and we'll make our choices
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #28
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimport View Post
Facts:
Active Autowerks
Years tuning BMWs: 25+

Vishnu
Years tuning BMWs: less than 1

I think AA has a little more experience tuning BMWs than Shiv does.
As a concerned consumer, I like to get my facts straight before make any judgements/decisions.

The fact that this is your first post and you made such a comment appears very suspect and I think most people would discount what you're saying. How's the weather in Florida?

Additionally, we care about results, not digs at his inexperience. In 1999, Yahoo could have said:

Yahoo
Years Doing Search: 8+

Google
Years Doing Search: Less than 1

Resting on your laurels is a surefire way to get eclipsed by the competition. Now that said, Shiv, better up the ante with better products, these AA guys are vicious with their marketing.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #29
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

The price is compelling from a company with a stellar rep like AA:

$2720 minus resell BOV = <$2400 for tuning and exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 10:05 AM   #30
bimport
Banned
Rep

Why would people discount the facts that I posted? There is no dispute about how long they have been tuning BMWs.

I have no affiliation with AA. I'm just tired of everyone that thinks that Shiv's products are the be all and end all when it comes to tuning. AA has a proven track record that Shiv just does not have yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #31
bimport
Banned
Rep

How is it laughable to say that AA is at the forefront of tuning the 335i? AA's XEDE should be available in April and Shiv's PROcede is just now becoming available to the general public. Looks like both products are being made available around the same time.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 10:28 AM   #32
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How is it laughable to say that AA is at the forefront of tuning the 335i? AA's XEDE should be available in April and Shiv's PROcede is just now becoming available to the general public. Looks like both products are being made available around the same time.
That's because we developed both products.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #33
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:

Why would people discount the facts that I posted? There is no dispute about how long they have been tuning BMWs.

I have no affiliation with AA. I'm just tired of everyone that thinks that Shiv's products are the be all and end all when it comes to tuning. AA has a proven track record that Shiv just does not have yet.
Dude please,

Shiv spent months developing the Xede, found it to be lacking, got rid of and replaced it with the PROCEDE and has already shipped out a bunch to customers, while AA takes the easy route and goes with the XEDE and sells it at a lower price and it wont even be out till April.

I payed $43000 for my car and I'll be damned if I'm going to go cheap and get a product discarded by someone like Vishnu who has a proven track record with FI ENGINES. Doesn't matter if its a EVO, WRX STI, or a 335. The basic principle is still the same.

If AA was really that bad ass then they coulda come up with something to surpass the PROCEDE, not a product thats in a class below it.

Honestly, I dont know if Vishnu has any grounds to take legal action, but if they do then I would.
      03-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #34
shnapper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Quote:

I don't know SHIV (no pun intended) and I've never bought anything from AA.

You must get tired easy, the 335i has only been out so long the playing field is equal IMO. AA's years of experience don't count with the e90 335i, looking at it that way(more realistically)SHIV is ahead of the game for this particular model. In contrast I watched the install vid for the PROcede and really don't feel like counting to the 7th yellow white wire, pulling plastic slider locks and jumping wires etc. This procedure in my opinion is not reversible in a just a few minutes and leaves room to make a mistake jumping the wrong wire for those that maybe in a hurry to avoid warranty problems.

Bottom line: If you asked who I'd vote for? I'd still vote for SHIV at this point because I've read what he has to say and all of it is worthy deserving of credit.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #35
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
"Active Autowerke XEDE Processor"
Now i've seen it all lol
Well, they do claim to be the home of the "fastest" bmw 335i...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #36
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Well, they do claim to be the home of the "fastest" bmw 335i...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #37
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

Shiv has fans even here in Miami
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #38
jerrygarcia
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan eventually

is thier "chip" a piggyback or an actual chip?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #39
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrygarcia View Post
It's Shiv's old XEDE piggyback computer (mfgr'd by that Australian company...forget the name) w/ the s/w tweaked by Shiv and then AA (I believe).

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #40
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrygarcia View Post
It's a piggyback, XEDE to be precise. Obviously AA has an outstanding reputation tuning BMW's particularly with e46 M3's. They also have a customer with the only sub 13 sec 1/4 mile run in a 335i. The price point looks appealing and they are ready to sell a complete setup. I would bet they will have additional products coming down the pipeline as well.

If I were in SoFL it would be very tempting to go with AA since you would have the convienient support and service. If you had to have it shipped and you were planning on an ECU upgrade only then It's probably better to go with Shiv since as he points out, the PROcede is an updated hardware platform.

Last edited by radgator1; 03-30-2007 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #41
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

I don't know why but I'm a sucker for forum drama. So, just to get the flame wars going:

Buying a device from a manufacture and connecting 4 wires is not exactly developing, it’s implementing. Using software someone else wrote to fill out a parameters table is not programming, it’s configuring.

Shiv implemented and configured the Xede device to work on the 335. Any numbers of hundreds of national and local speed shops are capable of doing the same thing. People seem to think because Shiv posted on this forum first that somehow he invented tuning, the idea of piggy back systems, or that his Xede work has anything to do with AA’s Xede work. Give me a break!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 12:08 PM   #42
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burger View Post
Buying a device from a manufacture and connecting 4 wires is not exactly developing, it’s implementing. Using software someone else wrote to fill out a parameters table is not programming, it’s configuring.

Shiv implemented and configured the Xede device to work on the 335. Any numbers of hundreds of national and local speed shops are capable of doing the same thing. People seem to think because Shiv posted on this forum first that somehow he invented tuning, the idea of piggy back systems, or that his Xede work has anything to do with AA’s Xede work. Give me a break!
So, in those 5 months of developing, tweaking, troubleshooting, diagnosing, travelling, etc,. all we really accomplished was cutting 4 wires and doing something that any local speed shop can do? I wish i knew where these speed shops were so i could use them myself. Who needs to in-house development when you can get someone else to do it for you?

shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #43
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by radgator1 View Post
It's a piggyback, XEDE to be precise. Obviously AA has an outstanding reputation tuning BMW's particularly with e46 M3's. They also have a customer with the only sub 13 sec 1/4 mile run in a 335i. The price point looks appealing and they are ready to sell a complete setup. I would bet they will have additional products coming down the pipeline as well.

If I were in SoFL it would be very tempting to go with AA since you would have the convienient support and service. If you had to have it shipped and you were planning on an ECU upgrade only then I's probably go with Shiv since as he points out, the PROcede is an updated hardware platform.
Yes, it's nice to have options, and I'm in S. FL so for those of us here, it's a good option. However, just to be fair, rflow's sub 13 sec. 0-60mph time was with his AA-tuned XEDE 335i AND AA exhaust and drag radials. I think those of us that are getting very close to rflow's times with just the PROcede and stickier non-RFTs definitely says something good about the PROcede, since that's $1,300 vs. rflow's AA-tuned setup for 2x the retail cost as the PROcede Stage 0. I'm sure with a PROcede Stage 1 setup (PROcede + exhaust), ppl will surely see mid 12 sec. 1/4 mi. times as well.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #44
SoCal335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burger View Post
I don't know why but I'm a sucker for forum drama. So, just to get the flame wars going:

More little kids in the forum, maybe you should put your thinking cap back on and go sit in the corner little boy, there are grown men speaking here. First off let me tell you guys something, i dont favor any company i just like to purchase a good product, im a consumer and thats all. AA is getting a better 1/4 mile because they are using drag radials and they are running in moroso, which is if im correct pretty much a sea level track. Im going to put on my Procede when i get it, slap on some DR's and my exhaust then take my car to Famoso raceway, then we'll see whats up cause that track is like 600 ft above sea level.
Appreciate 0