E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Anyone using Pioneer NEX head unit

05-28-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
e90bmw328i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Anyone using Pioneer NEX head unit

I installed the Avic-7000nex in my 328i with hifi amp. I seem to be missing bass unless I turn the volume up very high. Anybody knows how to configure it?

Also the Bluetooth microphone is mounted at the stock location. I sealed off all sides of the microphone with electrical tape and left the front open facing into the cabin. still it picks up a lot of noise and listeners on the other side can barely hear me. How do I fix this? Please help.

Last edited by e90bmw328i; 05-28-2014 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Adding a Head Unit won't improve the sound much

Adding a Head Unit won't improve the sound much if at all.
In a Hi Fi system what generates the sound is the cheap speakers and the weak amp.
You can get a lot of nice features that way though.
If you really want better sound then its amp and speakers that need
to be changed. Turning up the volume in a Hi Fi
system is just the thing that causes it to fall apart.

Changing the HU would do you some good in a stereo base system but how much I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
e90bmw328i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Adding a Head Unit won't improve the sound much if at all.
In a Hi Fi system what generates the sound is the cheap speakers and the weak amp.
You can get a lot of nice features that way though.
If you really want better sound then its amp and speakers that need
to be changed. Turning up the volume in a Hi Fi
system is just the thing that causes it to fall apart.

Changing the HU would do you some good in a stereo base system but how much I don't know.
Well, the bass produced by the pioneer head unit is lower than the BMW professional head unit. Thats why I was concerned if I setup something incorrectly. I am using RCA out from the pioneer head units. So that should be the correct way to do it since I am using an AMP.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
e90bmw328i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metblack328i View Post
Well, the bass produced by the pioneer head unit is lower than the BMW professional head unit. Thats why I was concerned if I setup something incorrectly. I am using RCA out from the pioneer head units. So that should be the correct way to do it since I am using an AMP.
After much thought, I am thinking about moving the Audio signals from the Low level RCA to speaker level and see if it improves the bass. Logically, if you think about it, RCA outputs are meant to be appropriately amplified for sub/speakers. But the stock Hifi amp is probably just boosting the signals instead of driving the correct amplification for each channel. I will try changing the audio output this weekend and see if it improves the audio quality (mainly Bass).

On a different note, we are contemplating selling the e90 and get an X3 to accomodate 3 car seats . Lets see if we end up doing it.
Appreciate 0