E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > vishnu oft with 3-stage manifold

09-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #23
LaCross
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 01:04 AM   #24
MarkkyyMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCross View Post
TheAxiom and TheSt|G, I have not been on this forum very long, but all I have seen is that both of you are extremely stuck up, and begin to go crazy at the mere mention of the word "bargain" or anything that is a cheaper alternative.
You're paying for the R&D and dyno time with the big name tunes(A.A., Evolve, ESS, & OE). The amount of research & development goes further than most people realize. Salman has spoken with BMW representatives & even they don't always have answers to particular aspects or codes from DME's. The big name tuners do this day in & day out for a living and struggle sometimes.

The Axiom & TheStig have contributed lots to 1addicts & some to e90post. I don't see how taking this thread off topic and attacking specific users is going to benefit anyone. It's your thread though so I guess do what you want..

Stig has already admitted he's a douche.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 04:52 AM   #25
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCross View Post
Is it possible to use the vishnu oft with the 3-stage intake manifold and get the proper gains?

Has anybody done this yet?

Car is an 06 325i 6mt
If you read anything regarding the Vishnu tune in any of the posts, you would know that the test car for the tune was NA car WITH the 3-stage intake & BMW PE exhaust...

So the gains advertised are with those items installed

My car is 09' with N51 3-stage & I have the Vishnu tune

As far as support from Vishnu goes, I received great support when I purchased the OFT/Tune (one of the initial buyers), everything worked fine with my car & I was happy with the results, so I had no need for any further support than what was afforded to me initially - so I can not comment on the 'non-support' issue reported by some.

I have no inclination to get involved personally with altering/adjusting the tune that was included & appropriate for my car. I already went thru all that with LS1Edit on my TransAm - it is a long learning curve to know exactly what to adjust, what results you will get from adjustment, how it interacts with other parameters, etc. Requires the use of extensive dyno time to get anywhere at all, & if you don't know what you are doing - the results can make you VERY unhappy...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #26
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
If you read anything regarding the Vishnu tune in any of the posts, you would know that the test car for the tune was NA car WITH the 3-stage intake & BMW PE exhaust...

So the gains advertised are with those items installed

My car is 09' with N51 3-stage & I have the Vishnu tune

As far as support from Vishnu goes, I received great support when I purchased the OFT/Tune (one of the initial buyers), everything worked fine with my car & I was happy with the results, so I had no need for any further support than what was afforded to me initially - so I can not comment on the 'non-support' issue reported by some.

I have no inclination to get involved personally with altering/adjusting the tune that was included & appropriate for my car. I already went thru all that with LS1Edit on my TransAm - it is a long learning curve to know exactly what to adjust, what results you will get from adjustment, how it interacts with other parameters, etc. Requires the use of extensive dyno time to get anywhere at all, & if you don't know what you are doing - the results can make you VERY unhappy...
No problem with the OFT, it just doesn't uncripple the 325i where it's hurting the most, which is ValveLift adjustment.
Appreciate 0