E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 2008 320i N43 HELL!!!!!!!

05-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #67
John08
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormermike View Post
Interesting theory.. would make sense as these engines run hot.. speaking from experience?
"N43 is rather demanding when it comes to motor oil and its quality. Operating temperature of the engine is rather high. It means that low quality oil may lead negative consequences for the engine. That is why you need to use motor oil that is recommended by BMW brand.
If you take care of N43B20 engine and proceed with all necessary changed and maintenance, it will serve you for a long time with minimum problems."
Source: http://mywikimotors.com/n43b20
For over 8 months i'm trying to find a solution for this problems (rough idle, missfire, check engine light, cold start engine shake, smoke, oil consumption) . Finally, a specialized indy only on bmw models, give me that logical solution of replacing those seals. And that was the only solution left, because bmw wien and bmw budapest has already changed spark plugs, fuel injectors, coil pack, timing chain, oxigen sensor... without any results. They also told me to make a hole in the CAT, if i want to get rid of " catalytic converter sulfurized" error, or to change it with a new one ))
Now, the car is running like new, no missfire, no check engine light, no smoke, rough idle, CAT is fealing great without oil and fuel mixture in it, cold start is excelent.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 05:35 AM   #68
anees
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Sport

What John08 said...

You also might want to replace the PCV as well, just for peace of mind, as this could have been clogged up due to incorrect oil viscosity.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #69
Mboon
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Something silly to throw out there, check the earth. Mainly for the coils.

You could have a dodgy earth or even damage to the loom causing random electrical issues through the engine. You have replaced a lot of parts. I suggest a leak down test as well to take that out of the picture and a smoke test on the air intake just to confirm no leaks
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #70
Sayajin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i E90 170PS

Hi timwicks, were you able to solve your problem ? I have the same "misfire injection switched off" with mine...
Appreciate 0