E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Whats is worth 335d M sport Coupe

02-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
Bomber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 2015 X5 40D M Sport

Garage List
Whats is worth 335d M sport Coupe

I wasn't planning on changing my car yet but somethings come up so wondering what sort of money should I expect PX and private sale

Spec as follows

335D M Sport Coupe, 58 December 08
Space grey
Black leather (Heated)
19" MV4's
HDD pro nav
2013 maps
All normal M Sport/335d features
Boot lip
FBMWSH
New rear tyres
Very good condtion

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Sword906
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d M Sport Auto 2011

I would say about £17,500(private sale) and would be dependent on the condition being excellent. Cars like this do not sell quickly this time of year. A trader will part ex it for about £15, 250. I can imagine it be a lot lower than you expect, so selling privately would be the better option. Good luck anyway
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

CIC nav pushes the value up slightly higher than the above, and trade values are massively under retail (unrealistically so) at the moment..
      02-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Sounds a nice car with the right colour combo.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Bomber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for your replies, I have had price from dealers now and it is higher than the private sale figure above so quite happy about that.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1986 mr2 mk1

its not how much ,its actually selling it ,Ive been trying for 3 months with no calls ,and mine would be more than half the price of your and its certainly not half the car

nobody wants an expensive bmw these days
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismanchr View Post
its not how much ,its actually selling it ,Ive been trying for 3 months with no calls ,and mine would be more than half the price of your and its certainly not half the car

nobody wants an expensive bmw these days
Apologies for thread bombing but your Problem is ... if you are looking to buy a 3 series coup and there are 3 of them lined up in a row and are pretty much the same mileage and condition , engine etc then the one that will sell is the one with a better spec , if i recall yours doesn't have that higher spec. Do yourself a favour and buy some second hand leather m-sport seats , straight swop ( even if not heated ) and you will get more interest , maybe look at a set of s/h 19's too then bump your price for what it cost to buy the stuff ( you will make your £800 back because it's a nice low miles version.. just no spec)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Bomber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0timbo0o View Post
Apologies for thread bombing but your Problem is ... if you are looking to buy a 3 series coup and there are 3 of them lined up in a row and are pretty much the same mileage and condition , engine etc then the one that will sell is the one with a better spec , if i recall yours doesn't have that higher spec. Do yourself a favour and buy some second hand leather m-sport seats , straight swop ( even if not heated ) and you will get more interest , maybe look at a set of s/h 19's too then bump your price for what it cost to buy the stuff ( you will make your £800 back because it's a nice low miles version.. just no spec)
The BMW dealer I use says he already has someone interested already hence the good price, also I would say 335d's in my spec, colour and year is quite sort after, I know when I bought it there wasn't a lot around.

As for no one buying big cars, a colleague of mine sold his Bentley GT today after being advertised for 2 days and I thought he was asking too much for it, that was the right spec and colour too, I suppose you have to be a bit lucky aswell
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
I wasn't planning on changing my car yet but somethings come up so wondering what sort of money should I expect PX and private sale

Spec as follows

Space grey
Black leather (Heated)
19" MV4's
HDD pro nav
2013 maps
Boot lip
FBMWSH
New rear tyres
Very good condtion

Thanks in advance
I sold mine in December.

Very similar spec,but a 58 (Oct) plate,with 33k and like yours:
FBMWSH,years MOT,5mths road tax.

It was a straight cash sale to a BMW dealer,and I got 19K.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1986 mr2 mk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0timbo0o View Post
your just taking your opinon of what you want in a car ,and yea its not high spec but people dont allways want cars that have been changed ,originality and how it was sold ,honesty is better than shoving some leather in and some big chavvy wheels and charge more ,i bought the car because it didnt have huge wheels and a terrible ride from them ,its just an honest car , and I'm sick of people taking it apart because it doesnt have 19' wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismanchr View Post
your just taking your opinon of what you want in a car ,and yea its not high spec but people dont allways want cars that have been changed ,originality and how it was sold ,honesty is better than shoving some leather in and some big chavvy wheels and charge more ,i bought the car because it didnt have huge wheels and a terrible ride from them ,its just an honest car , and I'm sick of people taking it apart because it doesnt have 19' wheels

Well , quite clearly your opinion on what people want in a car isn't working very well for you

Personally I don't like buying modded cars either , but fitting upgraded seats and a set of alloys from an M-Sport to make it more desirable isn't quite in the same league as tuning an engine / exhaust / suspension because doing the latter sends out a different message.

So i thought I'd offer up my own friendly opinion if i was in your shoes on how I would shift if for what you want for it without having to give it away

It's an opinion pal not a personal attack .. and in hindsight should have kept my trap shut , my bad

I wish you the very best of luck with your sale
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
bagofjuice
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber View Post

Spec as follows

Space grey
Black leather (Heated)
19" MV4's
HDD pro nav
2013 maps
Boot lip
FBMWSH
New rear tyres
Very good condtion

Thanks in advance
Mine was more or less same spec/year as yours but in black and mileage a tad higher (Also had 9 months warranty still on it). Sold for £21k privately in October if that helps at all. I should think you would get 19-20k without too much trouble.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

great price bagofjuice
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #14
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofjuice View Post
Mine was more or less same spec/year as yours but in black and mileage a tad higher (Also had 9 months warranty still on it). Sold for £21k privately in October if that helps at all. I should think you would get 19-20k without too much trouble.
Wow!You did well,well done

I am feeling a tad pig sick though after reading this,oh well.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

I havent even put mine on autotrader yet so god knows how long it will take to sell.

Winter is never the best time, we shall see.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
bagofjuice
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Wow!You did well,well done

I am feeling a tad pig sick though after reading this,oh well.
I think the little extra's and selling it well to the right person makes the difference. It had been coded including DVD in motion, LED angel eyes and I also included a set of replica alloys. Add to that the BMW warranty still remaining and they make for a good set of extras to stand out from the crowd when selling.

Thus I would think 19-20k should be achievable for the OP's car.

FYI, the stealers offered me 16k.
Appreciate 0