E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New 335I and in the shop for a week already, advice needed

09-12-2008, 03:00 AM   #23
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

with that long list of wrongs with the car, i would suggest you take it back to the dealer and ask for your money back. with warped wheels and offcenter steering wheel, who knows what kind of hell that poor car went through. more things might surface later on, and the dealership you brought from doesn't sound very trustworthy at all. so it might be pain in the ass to deal with them later with all the problem.

find yourself a decent used 335i (there is plenty) or simply order a new one if you can.

best of luck dealing with your stealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 03:03 AM   #24
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Some hater posts insinuating I am stupid and cheep.

I would have guessed I would have gotten suggestions on having the dealer check the front end, the suspension, alignment, steering, etc
All of which I will have them check and get checked by my BMW tuner I have used for years
i dont think anyone is trying to be a hater here. relax

but you should have taken a closer look of the car before you brought it. don't buy the car while you all can think about is how fun it is going to be, thats when you are most vulnerable to those salesmen.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #25
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Just spoke to my professor. I was right before.

The dealer failed to disclose the condition of the car (bent rims, etc.). That is a faliure to disclose a material fact, which is illegal. They also cannot claim they didn't know about the defects because, as a BMW dealership, they are considered "experts" and should know the correct condition of the car. Also they advertised the car to you as their "prime loaner" and "the same as a new car" which is false advertising, since the car is obviously not in new condition. He recommended that if you want to try and get your money back that you NOT pick the car up from the dealership and go see an attorney in your state TODAY.
      09-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #26
Rossland
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: US 06 330xi

Humm---bent rims on one side only, misalignment, uneven tire wear, AND A BIG WATER LEAK. Sounds like this car has been in an accident and was rolled over. Check Carfax to see if anything turns up.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #27
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
This is pretty amazing..... You bought a car "of course after being brain washed" with the condition that it was in only to discover additional problems with it..... I sure hope you got a $10+K discount on it to deal with what is a head..... BTW, this is why we call them stealerships! I think you just got jacked!

They will gladly keep fixing and fixing and fixing your car until you pretty much get tired of it. Since you won't be able to return the car, you might want to just sell it.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #28
shahils12
BALLER
Rep
Drives: 2K8 E93, 2K8 E60. N54s

why did you buy a car that had so many problems? didn't you test drive it? driving it hard? tried the paddle shifters, felt that you can't move the steering wheel properly?

Ask for a buy-back since the car has so many problems that were not disclosed, or ask for a BIG, BIG discount, or just get a lawyer
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #29
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

well my car has 15k miles.. lil over now and not one of those issues... only issue was with tape over the idrive comming down and a rear bulb default.. good luck.. i wouldn't have bought that car that's for sure!!! you can get a lemon in any make.. and that seems to be one.. or one that was just taken care of in a poor manner!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #30
fasterthanyours
Rep
Drives: Chevy Colorado

Hey guys, he bitched so much about the loaner 328 they gave him. That he went back this morning and they gave him a freaking 550i OMG!!!

And of course he let me drive it and I just about made him sh*t his pants! For being a big car, this thing sure does hold the road well.

There's a few undeveloped neighborhoods about 2 miles from my house .
This is one, it's not paved in this picture but I was drifting around that long sweeper on the left. Kenny said I was doing 120 when I came out of the corner, but I was to busy feathering the throttle to look at the HUD.
http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=32.98....1&r=0&src=msa

This is the other. I just flogged it on this one. Almost like a road course.
http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=32.97....6&r=0&src=msa

Anyway, I know what you guys are going to say, "And you wonder why loaners are in such bad shape" Well this one was already screwed before I got a hold of it. All 4 rims were curb rashed and they're M rims too, nice ones. The inside of the front wheel wells was some how bent??? And there were scratches all over it.

On the plus side, the 550i is a very nice car, it was very comfortable to ride in and handled well when I wasn't playing race car driver.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #31
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Last week I test drove a 07 335I and LOVED it, did not like the color or price, butt the salesman had a 08 he wanted to show me.
Hah. Your own fault for buying a used car from a salesman named butt.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #32
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
So you guys get a loaner, and do to it exactly what someone did to yours with complete disregard for the person who might buy it one day. You really do deserve that 335 you got. You put regular in the 328i you had then beat the crap out of a 550? Th irony that you got a taste of your own medicine is too great
      09-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #33
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
So you guys get a loaner, and do to it exactly what someone did to yours with complete disregard for the person who might buy it one day. You really do deserve that 335 you got. You put regular in the 328i you had then beat the crap out of a 550? Th irony that you got a taste of your own medicine is too great
Children.
x1000
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #34
fasterthanyours
Rep
Drives: Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Children.
x1000
And proud of it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #35
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterthanyours View Post
Hey guys, he bitched so much about the loaner 328 they gave him. That he went back this morning and they gave him a freaking 550i OMG!!!

And of course he let me drive it and I just about made him sh*t his pants! For being a big car, this thing sure does hold the road well.

This is one, it's not paved in this picture but I was drifting around that long sweeper on the left. Kenny said I was doing 120 when I came out of the corner, but I was to busy feathering the throttle to look at the HUD.

Anyway, I know what you guys are going to say, "And you wonder why loaners are in such bad shape" Well this one was already screwed before I got a hold of it. All 4 rims were curb rashed and they're M rims too, nice ones. The inside of the front wheel wells was some how bent??? And there were scratches all over it.

On the plus side, the 550i is a very nice car, it was very comfortable to ride in and handled well when I wasn't playing race car driver.
people like you make bmw drivers look bad.
sorry, i just despise morons...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #36
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

He was going 100 into the corner, not that speed coming out of it, it was a long wide sweeper, I swear they were building a nascar track back there.

As far as the 335I goes, I had my attorney draft a letter to them and I emailed it to the general manager, sales manager, etc

The service manager called me and we had a nice long talk.
The right rear rim was bent and the tire had a bubble in it, the front rim might also be bent, they are replacing both and the tires on the right side.
I asked how they can replace tires on just one side of the car with 4000 miles on all the tires. This I am not to fond on, will have to ask in the TT forums.
He also said most of the other issues are related to the bad rim and that all my other issues would be taken car of.
We will wait and see, they know I have a attorney now over the issues, butt the general manager needs to man up and talk to me.

As far as the 550I being abused by us, so he took a corner at the hwy speed limit, big deal.
I will say it is nice to drive a V8 again, the rumble and growl of the motor is so nice.
Those that need a bigger car with a incredible ride, I suggest you test drive a 5 series

And I filled the 328 up with 93 before I dropped it off to them.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #37
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
He was going 100 into the corner, not that speed coming out of it, it was a long wide sweeper, I swear they were building a nascar track back there.

As far as the 550I being abused by us, so he took a corner at the hwy speed limit, big deal.

How is 100mph highway speed? (Even though he said he was doing 120) Especially on a dirt "track". The highest legal speed in the US on a PAVED highway is 80mph in Tejas. So doing 100 (or 120) on a dirt road is pretty moronic. Too bad it didn't flip over, that would have made for an interesting phone call to the dealer.

You know what I really think? You and your buddy are just making the stuff with the 550 up to seem cool on teh intranetz and try to impress complete strangers.
      09-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #38
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Never buy loaners! Those cars have been givin hell. Would you ever buy a rental car? Hell no! Same goes for a loaner!
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #39
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
How is 100mph highway speed? (Even though he said he was doing 120) Especially on a dirt "track". The highest legal speed in the US on a PAVED highway is 80mph in Tejas. So doing 100 (or 120) on a dirt road is pretty moronic. Too bad it didn't flip over, that would have made for an interesting phone call to the dealer.

You know what I really think? You and your buddy are just making the stuff with the 550 up to seem cool on teh intranetz and try to impress complete strangers.

So you have never went 100 on the hwy in a straight line
Hwy speed is 65 here in my area
And you wish death on other people.
Did we say it was a dirt road ?
My buddy was excited, his life is over, he is married with 2 kids, and driving the 550I took him to his new happy place for a short time.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #40
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Children.
x1000
more like idiots.....

POST A PICTURE OF THE 550!
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #41
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

the OP and his friend should be banned
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #42
sailvi767
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95BMWM3(full Dinan) 2007 Z4MC

Most of the problems you mentioned should have been apparrent when you purchased the car. It may well be that this car was in a accident. I would take it to a third party to check if that is the case. If it has been in a accident and they did not disclose it to you then you would have a out to void the sale. If not I think you are stuck with the car chips and all. They will have to make any mechanical issues right under warranty but cosmetic items would not be covered on a demo vehicle unless they wrote that into the contract. Its assumed you will inspect and see cosmetic items and factor that into the price.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #43
rallycobra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailvi767 View Post
It may well be that this car was in a accident.
+1

If it leaks, it was probably bent in an accident! Take it to a 3rd party body shop and have them put it on a lift. I'll bet there was a big whack somewhere. Have someone who knows what they are looking at go over the car. You would be amazed what an expert eye can tell. Check the fender joints, look for paint matching, plastic panel fit, etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #44
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:

So you have never went 100 on the hwy in a straight line
Hwy speed is 65 here in my area
And you wish death on other people.
Did we say it was a dirt road ?
My buddy was excited, his life is over, he is married with 2 kids, and driving the 550I took him to his new happy place for a short time.
You said,
Quote:
he took a corner at the hwy speed limit
I was just asking where in the country is the Highway speed limit 100mph? And no, I've never done 100mph on the highway. God forbid something happens and I lose control I don't want to crash into someone and kill them. I save that crap for tracks.

I also never wished death on you. All I said was too bad the car didn't flip (you survive of course). Maybe it would have taught you a lesson about respecting others property. If you had crashed the car what the hell would you have done? I'm sure your insurance would love it that you were racing a $60,000+ loaner car.

You didn't have to say it was a dirt road. Your buddy was nice enough to post satellite images of the roads you were on:

Quote:

Call me dumb but those roads look a hell of a lot like dirt. Not to mention that using the cars in those pictures as a reference, I have no clue how you were going 120mph on it, there just isn't enough space. But like I said earlier, sand is loose, you're lucky the tires didn't lose traction. That would have been one hell of a crash at 120 into a tree.