E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > The best uncertainty in the world

02-02-2007, 07:23 AM   #45
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mushroom View Post
Ok so i have just about got to my final thoughts (limited by budget)
320d M Sport LeMans Blue or Titanium Silver (thought exclusive blue but silver looks good)
  • 18" 193 wheels
  • Bi-xenon (if it a must have, I must have)
  • Prof Sat NAV + Bluetooth + Voice (feel this will enhance experience (TOMTOM in glovebox in case though)
  • Diesel Particle Exhaust (Better looking backside)
  • Rain Sensor & Lights (It's lazy but had it for 3 years)
Budget will not allow me to add USB/IPOD interface, DAB, Fold Mirrors, High Beam Assistant, Rear Tinting. Which i would like to but I feel my choice will give the overall good looks and practicality.

Blacklines are a definate later purchase.

Please if you look at this and think Noooooo!! Let me know.

Thanks for all your help so far

Bob
Sounds great.

From what I've seen the nav / bluetooth / voice will help no end when you come to sell it on. From memory the cost was about £1900 and I reckon it adds about a grand to the trade in value.

People want nav these days especially on a premium car, even if TomTom do it better.

Pro Nav is perfectly OK though, so you won't need to get the tomtom out.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #46
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Bob, that's a good choice. You have been wise in your selection. Definitely get blacklines at a later date. Its nice to give your car a slightly more exclusive and sporty look than the stock E90's.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #47
bob mushroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 320d MSport

So I thought I was there! After taking the good lady wife to the $tealer and showing her around the car and what bits would be added she states "ooh these seats feel really cheap when you need to move them" (talking of the mechanism so I need to now add Semi Auto seats as an option. She also (for the little one) wants the rear tinted glass.

So in shorts I think the xenons will disappear to allow Elec Mirrors, Part elec seats, Rear tint, front/Rear protection and USB (though not convinced this will work as well as stated).

My dilemna is 17" alloys with DPF exhaust or 18" with Droopy! I think better feet than backside. LMK your thoughts please. i know where I am leaning but would appreciate your thoughts.

Bob.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #48
ChrisMWard
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 320d M Sport, E81 116d SE

Garage List
2006 120d SE  [0.00]
2007 335d A M Sport  [0.00]
1998 M3 Evo  [0.00]
2002 330d Sport  [0.00]
2004 330d Sport  [0.00]
Having had Xenons on the last two E46s, they were a must have on the E90 almost above anything else.

Regards

Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #49
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Wheels wheels wheels!!!
      02-04-2007, 04:34 AM   #50
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So I thought I was there! After taking the good lady wife to the $tealer and showing her around the car and what bits would be added she states "ooh these seats feel really cheap when you need to move them" (talking of the mechanism so I need to now add Semi Auto seats as an option. She also (for the little one) wants the rear tinted glass.

So in shorts I think the xenons will disappear to allow Elec Mirrors, Part elec seats, Rear tint, front/Rear protection and USB (though not convinced this will work as well as stated).

My dilemna is 17" alloys with DPF exhaust or 18" with Droopy! I think better feet than backside. LMK your thoughts please. i know where I am leaning but would appreciate your thoughts.

Bob.
Get the electric seats for your wife, save the money for the privacy glass and buy those pull down blinds from mothercare.

This should allow you to get the particulate filter and the 18 inch rims !
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2007, 05:33 AM   #51
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:

Bob.
1 Never take your wife to the stealership!

2 How often are you going to need to adjust your seats? I didn't bother with electric seats, because my wife or I aren't likely to adjust them that often- everyone else can forget about moving our seats!
BTW- the sports seats are far more comfortable than the ordinary seats!

3 Once you have xenons, you will never go back to ordinary xenons. Although, I suppose, you won't miss what you haven't had.

4 Go for the 18" alloys- they fill the wheel arch much better & feel just great when you're flying around roundabouts at 50!

All the best, Bob.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 04:43 AM   #52
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post

2 How often are you going to need to adjust your seats? I didn't bother with electric seats, because my wife or I aren't likely to adjust them that often- everyone else can forget about moving our seats!
BTW- the sports seats are far more comfortable than the ordinary seats!
Wise words indeed.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #53
bob mushroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 320d MSport

Quote:

Viv
Damn, If only I had warned you all before I would never have taken her!! It unfortunately was a neccessity to advise what I would be spending tour hard earned pennies on!! (she was impressed)

I am slowly convincing that electric seats may not be a good idea.

Bob
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #54
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
4 Go for the 18" alloys- they fill the wheel arch much better & feel just great when you're flying around roundabouts at 50!
Or like me, get enough run up and just go straight over...Dukes of Hazzard style... yeeee haaaahhh!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #55
andrewx8
Rep
Drives: 420i Sport

Merc replacement

Spooky...I've just ordered an E92 325i SE auto to replace my Merc C200 Kompressor. Gone for...

Spakling Graphite,
Cream Beige nappa leather
Light popular trim
Heated seats
Radial-spoke alloys type 187

Andrew
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #56
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewx8 View Post
Spooky...I've just ordered an E92 325i SE auto to replace my Merc C200 Kompressor. Gone for...

Spakling Graphite,
Light popular trim
Heated seats

Andrew
Nice spec! I couldn't quite think what the 187 alloys were like, but just looked them up - the brochure actually has a pic of them... they really do look good!

The 325i is by far the best model in the range, good choice
      02-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #57
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Wise words indeed.
Thanks- I've learned from the mistakes of others!

Quote:
Damn, If only I had warned you all before I would never have taken her!! It unfortunately was a neccessity to advise what I would be spending tour hard earned pennies on!! (she was impressed)

I am slowly convincing that electric seats may not be a good idea.

Bob
Bob, if you have to take your wife to the stealership again, try to think up some excuse for not doing so- just go to needforspeed's DSC & DTC thread, pick any technical quote & recite it to her.

Hey presto- she won't give a toss about your car, the dealership or any aspect of its technical capabilities ever again!

As for the electric seats- just ask yourself this- how often are you actually going to need to use them & is that use worth the cost? (No chance- in my opinion!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty View Post
Or like me, get enough run up and just go straight over...Dukes of Hazzard style... yeeee haaaahhh!!!
I'm sure you are a distant relation of Evel Knievel, aren't you MF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewx8 View Post

Spakling Graphite,
Light popular trim
Heated seats

Andrew
Get yourself down to the UK3 meet Andrew to see what your looking forward to.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #58
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Bob, if you have to take your wife to the stealership again, try to think up some excuse for not doing so- just go to needforspeed's DSC & DTC thread, pick any technical quote & recite it to her.
It's weird - my wife is strangely not at all interested in how DSC works.

She was even less impressed when I showed her how to change gear without using the clutch.

I'll never understand women
Appreciate 0