E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stage 2 shipped!

07-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #749
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: e92 335i coupe

I did not get any info about this , thats all
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|MHD|P3 Boost Gauge|Ohlins Road & Track + camberplates|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #750
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Its not sand, its not even close to sand. Its is a very soft material made of plastic and glass used to clean the inside of the housings. There are pockets it can get stuck in. These are cleaned twice and hot tanked twice after, and yet some can still remain due to the way they weld the housings. It cannot hurt anything as it is 10 times softer then any other materials it comes in contact with. Blow out the little you can see and whatever remains is instantly blown out the exhaust on start up, its that simple. Most people email and ask, but I see you like to go straight to the forums. Noted.
If I had been informed like others , this would not be an issue ...
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|MHD|P3 Boost Gauge|Ohlins Road & Track + camberplates|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #751
MisterEm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio View Post
Sounds like the guys had fun No wonder they forgot to measure the wheels
Why do you continually muddy up vendor's threads not named Vishnu with passive aggressive nonsense and misinformation? You contribute nothing and your data has proven blatantly false- AGAIN. We know your agenda and fanboi club. Give it a rest for those that browse for real updates and information.

To the customer with complaints- why on earth would you head to a forum with a perceived product issue? Pick up the phone. Send an email.

If your concern is ignored- then you proceed to the forum pity party.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #752
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnsoldaten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Its not sand, its not even close to sand. Its is a very soft material made of plastic and glass used to clean the inside of the housings. There are pockets it can get stuck in. These are cleaned twice and hot tanked twice after, and yet some can still remain due to the way they weld the housings. It cannot hurt anything as it is 10 times softer then any other materials it comes in contact with. Blow out the little you can see and whatever remains is instantly blown out the exhaust on start up, its that simple. Most people email and ask, but I see you like to go straight to the forums. Noted.
If I had been informed like others , this would not be an issue ...
No one was informed really. We didn't know the media was getting stuck in the pockets until recently when we got a call or email from a couple of customers. We explained and now go through even more measures to get it all out even though if hurts nothing it can throw people off. What happens is during the welding process small pockets are formed inside these manifolds and no matter what you do only a lot of shaking (ie shipping) can dislodge small amounts of media that has become trapped in there. If you would have dropped me a line I would have just told you the same as the other 2. It's no biggy but a little out if character for you Tommie, as we have spoken many many times. As far as jipppiiiii dooo still talking about dimensions, he obviously hasn't figured out how to work a set of calipers or he has never held a turbine wheel in his hands, possibly both. His maturity level is displayed often, this past weekend I let my comments get out of hand to an extent as well . So It can happen, but we all know he is just a person who enjoys being a hater / follower. He will continue to spread misinformation as that is his calling. MisterEm I appreciate someone with some common sense speaking up. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #753
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Yeah , I did not mean to trash you product , had a bad day myself as well.

It was ONLY the impression and lack of information in regards to the debris that threw me off.

Thats what happens when customers have high expectation to vendor

So on my part its all good , will inform more when its all installed

Waiting for stage 3 head from VAC , gotten some more info from them , looks good and looking forward to see the end product. Getting close.....
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 01:29 AM   #754
Snaggletooth
General Nuisance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I was shocked by the glass media as well initially, and got verification from Tony that all is good. I can report with good confidence that the car is running very strong right now and there are no oil leakage or tolerance issues that I can detect. Don't sweat it. The only weak link my car has is the clutch, which is due for an upgrade, and the lack of an LSD to put the power down. I came from domestic V8's and the torque makes a big block seem gutless.

600 miles later, the turbos are running perfectly. If there was media left in there or if the media was too abrasive, the turbos would have failed by now, kinda like my stock clutch is haha.

Last edited by Snaggletooth; 07-30-2013 at 01:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #755
NoLimitBimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Looking real good
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #756
Allen@MOTIV
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hey Tony, turbos looking real good, keep up the good work.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #757
MisterEm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnsoldaten View Post
Yeah , I did not mean to trash you product , had a bad day myself as well.

It was ONLY the impression and lack of information in regards to the debris that threw me off.

Thats what happens when customers have high expectation to vendor

So on my part its all good , will inform more when its all installed

Waiting for stage 3 head from VAC , gotten some more info from them , looks good and looking forward to see the end product. Getting close.....
Hope it works out for you. No ill intent from me - I just find it odd when customers go to forums before speaking to the company they purchased the product from.

Maybe I am just an old fart - but that seems counter-intuitive to me if the goal is car performance.

Does VAC provide flow bench results with the stage 3 head? The low lift numbers would be interesting to see next to a stock n54 head.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #758
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@PTF View Post
Hey Tony, turbos looking real good, keep up the good work.
Are you partners with Dzenno?

And welcome!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 06:31 AM   #759
Allen@MOTIV
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Are you partners with Dzenno?

And welcome!
I am, I don't want to thread jack Tonys thread, but thank you.

Back to amazing turbos.

Last edited by Allen@MOTIV; 07-31-2013 at 06:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #760
vertigo44
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEm View Post
Hope it works out for you. No ill intent from me - I just find it odd when customers go to forums before speaking to the company they purchased the product from.

Maybe I am just an old fart - but that seems counter-intuitive to me if the goal is car performance.

Does VAC provide flow bench results with the stage 3 head? The low lift numbers would be interesting to see next to a stock n54 head.
I had a chance to speak with one of the VAC CAM engineers during Bimmerfest East a few weekends ago and he had the N54 Stage 3 head on display at their booth. I asked about numbers but he wasn't ready to speak to that just yet. They just got the stage 3 CNC program dialed in and will be updating us shortly. I will note that I was surprised to hear that the Stage 3's are the only true CNC'd N54 head they sell.