E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 2 weeks with the Alpina Flash

01-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #23
windymissile
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Mark View Post
Reading about this flash really makes me want it - seeing what gear it's in is useful and I miss that from my previous DSG car! I assume it is a no-no though for a car with extended warranty?
Well... It doesn't void the warranty on the Alpina cars.. I'm still under extended warranty with the flash. Yet to make a claim though.
May raise a few eyebrows down the dealers but it's an official BMw approved piece of software.

WM
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #24
JP.Williams
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Just have the "New" Alpina GB settings coded my Makkan tonight.

Not had much of a drive home the gear changes are much smoother when pushing on!
and i LOVE always knowing what gear im in

Sam massive thanks!! Great guy, gets a bit nervous when the right foot goes down
      02-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #25
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP.Williams
Just have the "New" Alpina GB settings coded my Makkan tonight.

Not had much of a drive home the gear changes are much smoother when pushing on!
and i LOVE always knowing what gear im in

Sam massive thanks!! Great guy, gets a bit nervous when the right foot goes down
Thanks mate.
Pleasure meeting you
And you are right....since I sold my 6pot, I am bit nervous of sitting in 335i especially with jb4 + alpina software.
      02-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #26
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymissile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Mark View Post
Reading about this flash really makes me want it - seeing what gear it's in is useful and I miss that from my previous DSG car! I assume it is a no-no though for a car with extended warranty?
Well... It doesn't void the warranty on the Alpina cars.. I'm still under extended warranty with the flash. Yet to make a claim though.
May raise a few eyebrows down the dealers but it's an official BMw approved piece of software.

WM
Rightly said.
I have had done this on two cars which went to the dealer for west gate rattle, injectors and HPFP.
They could not see it and no objection.
Bmw computer reverted it back to standard AT software when they updated the software as a part of 'coding'.
      02-02-2015, 12:55 AM   #27
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

What revs does the Alpina software shift up when in D mode.

I run car in nearly stock map 90% of the time (via Procede tune), and I've read on a stock map the Alpina map shifts up every early, and ends up straining the engine?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #28
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Whats the 'new' alpina gb settings? How does it differ from the previous alpina settings?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:28 PM   #29
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

It's just a shame mines an 09/06 model as I've driven a couple of 335's with the flash and I have to say I do like what it does and how it delivers on the road.
      02-02-2015, 02:31 PM   #30
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom
What revs does the Alpina software shift up when in D mode.

I run car in nearly stock map 90% of the time (via Procede tune), and I've read on a stock map the Alpina map shifts up every early, and ends up straining the engine?
This debate is very similar to
'Tuning engines put additional stress onto engine'.

The only person who has done it on stock is Alan. He may give some feedback.
      02-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #31
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01
Whats the 'new' alpina gb settings? How does it differ from the previous alpina settings?
Its supposed to change gears bit later compared to other old alpina flash in D mode.
In all honesty I did not feel much difference b/w this and old one but then I dont drive 335i.
      02-02-2015, 02:36 PM   #32
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve
It's just a shame mines an 09/06 model as I've driven a couple of 335's with the flash and I have to say I do like what it does and how it delivers on the road.
You have a ramp and garage full of work force. Do a bit of surgery on your Tranny and retrofit new tranny module in your car. It will allow you to have AT.

For me, jb4 and AT is the only attraction in 335i otherwise 335d is very capable car.
      02-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #33
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
You have a ramp and garage full of work force. Do a bit of surgery on your Tranny and retrofit new tranny module in your car. It will allow you to have AT.
Thats one way for sure, the other which I'm awaiting is some development software elsewhere from the guys who help us with our remapping they've concentrated on DSG stuff for the VAG stuff as this seems to sell well, but I'm fully aware thst they are looking into the BMW side of things now and they are fully aware of the Alpina flash side of things. So it's a sit tight thing at the moment for me as I like this idea a little better than exchanging the mechatronics side of things Sam
      02-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #34
windymissile
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

I sometimes run in stock tune. I also have the Aplina flash, done by Sam.

It does change up significantly earlier. But I never felt that it put any extra strain or felt like it was labouring at all. All I noticed was a slight improvement in MPG.

WM
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #35
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Thats one way for sure, the other which I'm awaiting is some development software elsewhere from the guys who help us with our remapping they've concentrated on DSG stuff for the VAG stuff as this seems to sell well, but I'm fully aware thst they are looking into the BMW side of things now and they are fully aware of the Alpina flash side of things. So it's a sit tight thing at the moment for me as I like this idea a little better than exchanging the mechatronics side of things Sam
I've been keeping an eye on eBay for post 03/07 gearboxes to do this too just for the flash.....lol