E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Potentially good news: BMW of Mississauga sold to Pfaff Group.

05-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Potentially good news: BMW of Mississauga sold to Pfaff Group.

Pfaff group of dealers have very good customer service from my experience. Hopefully they can fix the deplorable service department at BMW of Mississauga and we can finally have a viable option in the west end for an authorized BMW service center with properly quality.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Too bad no more discounts though.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
Msport335
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i m-sport e90

any of you guys know if BMW (Mississauga) for instance updates the DME software at no charge?
      05-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
Pierce330
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Pfaff group of dealers have very good customer service from my experience. Hopefully they can fix the deplorable service department at BMW of Mississauga and we can finally have a viable option in the west end for an authorized BMW service center with properly quality.
Agreed, just purchased a Touareg 2 from Pfaff...fantastic customer service...would recommend to anyone...I've heard nothing but bad things about Mississauga BMW
E90 328i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #5
Fozzy
Waaka Waaka
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 xdrive & 2015 F15

I had no issues with service at Mississauga, but didn't go there for anything significant. See if prices go up on everything with Pfaff
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

just went today to pickup an air filter. maxBimmer discount still valid
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #7
BMW_GM
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

BMW of Mississauga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
I'm disappointed to hear about your Service experience at BMW of Mississauga. In Sept. 2013 I personally took over as the General Manager of that location. Currently, the Mississauga location is ranked in the top 10 BMW dealers in the Country for customer service. Our team there has worked quite hard to try to change any negative opinions that were created in the past and I urge you to reconsider that location for service; and/or the location in Woodbridge, Ontario (Maranello BMW) in which I've also recently started managing. Maranello BMW will be undergoing a major renovation starting in the fall of 2014. I think with the new facility coming, we'll be able to shorten wait times for service and provide a better experience to all of our BMW customers in the GTA.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
dassub
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 328xi sport line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_GM View Post
I'm disappointed to hear about your Service experience at BMW of Mississauga. In Sept. 2013 I personally took over as the General Manager of that location. Currently, the Mississauga location is ranked in the top 10 BMW dealers in the Country for customer service. Our team there has worked quite hard to try to change any negative opinions that were created in the past and I urge you to reconsider that location for service; and/or the location in Woodbridge, Ontario (Maranello BMW) in which I've also recently started managing. Maranello BMW will be undergoing a major renovation starting in the fall of 2014. I think with the new facility coming, we'll be able to shorten wait times for service and provide a better experience to all of our BMW customers in the GTA.
I haven't heard anything good about Maranello BMW on these (or other) forums, so you might wanna look into underlying issues there, too! I haven't had service there, so I can't comment.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #9
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I had bought mine E60 535 @ Maranello back in 2008 and the service I had was beyond terrible. The Service Advisor was a SOB (if I may say) and his name is Brad M., one hell of an arrogant & egotistical attitude. Also, don't get me started with their Service Technician, bunch of lazy a**.

If you're seriously going to improve Maranello service dept., start by cleaning house from Service Mgr, all the way down to Service Technicians.

For real good service, you better look into the business model of Endras, TCBMW, BMW Toronto/Parkview. They are not perfect either but at least they try to strive to provide better service.

Quote:

Last edited by bobblehead; 05-24-2014 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
n52330i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

I agree with the comments about Maranello. They act too "Woodbridge" , very rude and arrogant . Make me feel like I was not important. Not helpful at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #11
canusaybimmy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black 2018 M4

Haven't been in for service a lot (just once) at BMW Mississauga. They didn't follow simple directions like not cleaning my car etc.

SA was responsive however...which I think is important.

Haven't had any real experiences there to judge.

"When I'm sick...I just stop being sick and be awesome instead...True Story."
Twitter: @Efrtls | Instagram: Efrtls
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #12
BMW_GM
Registered
Rep

BMW Mississauga & Maranello BMW

Without trying to re-quote the negativity, I'm not about to say any of it is unfounded. However, I do urge some of you with past experiences at Mississauga to try the Service Department again. In the past year we've changed most of the staff; including the managers.

As for Maranello; its dis-heartening but tyring to rebuild the BMW name in the city of Vaughan is the forefront of what we will do. I would hope that we can re-train and put a new culture into the dealership that will be welcomed by everyone without having to replace personnel.

But one thing is for sure....it will change, and it will get better! You can quote me on it, lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #13
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Maranello sucks donkey balls. When I had my 335, they treated me like I was driving a Hyundai Pony. Every time I drive by there while on my way to Pfaff, I flip them the bird.
      05-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #14
Bladerunner
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

I have to say that Mississauga has improved quite a bit, last few visits have been great.

Maranello on the other hand is full of A$$holes, Mike in parts was the only nice guy in the place. I buy brand new $70k car and some service guy makes a sarcastic comment about me when I bring it in, he's lucky I didn't reach over and bitch slap him!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #15
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

I havent had any bad experiences with Maranello. Yes Mike was great, but the other people at the service desk have been very helpful as well....at least in all my experiences going there.

I actually drove into Maranello's service bay with my parents old 2001 Nissan Sentra asking for help. I was near their location when a piece of the underbelly of my parents car partially fell and it was scraping the ground (crazy loud on the highway lol).

Only people I knew in the area was Maranello, so I just drove into their service bay....and an employee walked up to me with a smile and asked how he could help me. I explained my situation, and that I come here with my M3 to get serviced, and I didnt didnt know where else to go, but the car cant be driven like that.

So the heat shield came apart (bolts rusted off) and was causing all the racket. He got under the car, and cut the last part that was holding it on, and told me it will be fine to drive. And if I wanted to, I could go to Nissan and order another one, though its not necessary given how old the car is. Problem solved.....no more scraping with everyone looking.

They didn't have to let me in the service bay, he didnt have to get on his knees and go under my parents old dirty car to solve the problem....but that's what happened. That's good service in my book.

Having said all that, if Maranello and Mississauga are getting an overhaul, then I guess the signs were there that things were going poorly with their clients.

Regardless all the best in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #16
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

@bmw_gm, I kind of doubt what you can accomplish, it's all about culture. People will resist of changing, esp. those Service Mgr & Service Advisors.

I can tell you a situation when I went to Maranello to pick up couple of parts about 6 months ago or so, a customer has his car in for service and he was asking the Service Advisor why his car was being declined for repair under warranty. The conversation got louder and louder and then I saw the Service Mgr got involved and all three of them got into a shouting match in front of other service customers. I was surprised this was going for at least 5 minutes or more, I did not stay to watch the ending but the shock of how they treated the customer was beyond belief. I wonder why the General Mgr or someone in the Sr Mgmt level did not come out and investigate of what the shouting was all about .
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #17
BigFoig
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

Endras has great service. I developed a great rapport with my sa. Also i once was low on air at the Newmarket dealer and they topped off my oil and tire pressure free of charge. I bought my car at sauga
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #18
BMW_GM
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
@bmw_gm, I kind of doubt what you can accomplish, it's all about culture. People will resist of changing, esp. those Service Mgr & Service Advisors.

I can tell you a situation when I went to Maranello to pick up couple of parts about 6 months ago or so, a customer has his car in for service and he was asking the Service Advisor why his car was being declined for repair under warranty. The conversation got louder and louder and then I saw the Service Mgr got involved and all three of them got into a shouting match in front of other service customers. I was surprised this was going for at least 5 minutes or more, I did not stay to watch the ending but the shock of how they treated the customer was beyond belief. I wonder why the General Mgr or someone in the Sr Mgmt level did not come out and investigate of what the shouting was all about .
Changing a culture isn't easy; but it starts with leadership that has a clear direction and mandates that the managers and staff follow processes and are held accountable.
While I'm sure that the task is not easy; it isn't something new for me nor something that will fail as the dealership reputation needs to improve. If we did it with a BMW dealership in Mississauga; then we can do it there. I believe as much as the clients, the staff at Maranello are also looking forward to changes and a facility that will help them better embrace the need for improvement.

Over the past couple of years, Maranello BMW didn't have a General Manager in house whose primary responsibility was that location. With this recent move and the departure of Mississauga from our portfolio; there is only one way for Maranello to move...and it's up.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #19
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I wish you the best of luck. From what you have responded thus far, it sounds like you are the only one in the auto group care.

In the past, when I wrote to BMW Canada of my complaints, they could not care less on how their franchise dealerships operation at all. The easiest answer from BMW Canada was "We have no control over how they operate and treat their customers and I should take the matter up with their senior management personnel."

Quote:
Changing a culture isn't easy; but it starts with leadership that has a clear direction and mandates that the managers and staff follow processes and are held accountable.
While I'm sure that the task is not easy; it isn't something new for me nor something that will fail as the dealership reputation needs to improve. If we did it with a BMW dealership in Mississauga; then we can do it there. I believe as much as the clients, the staff at Maranello are also looking forward to changes and a facility that will help them better embrace the need for improvement.

Over the past couple of years, Maranello BMW didn't have a General Manager in house whose primary responsibility was that location. With this recent move and the departure of Mississauga from our portfolio; there is only one way for Maranello to move...and it's up.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #20
Ibi
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
nothing but bad reviews for the Maranello dealership; I returned my Maranello license plate covers back to them a few months ago. any positive change at that dealership will never bring me back - shame on me for buying my last 2 cars here.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #21
maf330xi
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330xi

I've only dealt with the parts department so I can't really say much on how well Maranello is...but the only time I was actually satisfied with the customer service was when Mike was around.

The last time I went there, I was told that the maxbimmer price was no longer valid for oil and filters. I was there for a good 20 minutes trying to figure out what happened, but the two parts reps had no idea why it was removed. A week later I see a post about guys buying from Maranello at the discounted rate :/ ...it may be a misunderstanding but I'll be buying my parts from TC since they are closer.

Blacklines | 19" Morr VS8.2 | Gloss Black Grilles | PE | M-Tech | KW V1 | Euro Spec Headlights
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #22
lcg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335i

i'd rather have rocco @ RMP work on my car than any bmw dealership
Appreciate 0