E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > BMW Coding - let the adventure begin

11-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
seemebreakthis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

BMW Coding - let the adventure begin

Here is a short clip showing my first attempt to connect the computer to my E90:

I think the hardest part of setting up the hardware and downloading/configuring the appropriate software is now behind me. Now it is just a matter of finding the right codes and programming these codes into the BMW to get what I want...

Would be more than happy to answer any question you may have on setting things up. Note that I am still a total newbie on actual coding (any pointers appreciated!)

Cheers and happy coding!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
KOC
Rep
Drives: E60

wow...is that hard to do that? I really want to do the LCI conversion for my e60.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
seemebreakthis
Private First Class
Rep

Sorry man I am not really into retrofitting, but rather unleashing hidden features in my car. And coding turns out to be something that can do wonders in this regard.

So far what I have done is:

1. Enable Day Time Running Lights - and found out the AEs are brighter in DRL mode vs. with the low beam!
2. Digital speedometer

And I have the info now to try the following over the weekend

1. DVD Video in motion (and when idle too for that matter, as HK BMWs has this totally disabled from factory)
2. Enable iDrive to display DRL feature so I can switch DRL on/off whenever I want
3. Increase AE brightness for both DRL and low beam modes
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #4
chiwai2046
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI 323iA

I did buy the cable from "taobao" and able to read the air-bag too.
However it give me so many warning message such as language version, ApiCheckJobStatus: Error #13......etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
seemebreakthis
Private First Class
Rep

Refer to my other post here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771408

You probably need a complete overhaul of the programs / files. Don't use the programs you now have to code your car, they will mess things up as the daten files are outdated.

Your INPA will no longer work though once you have followed my procedure. But essentially what you need for coding is NCSExpert (and optionally NCSDummy) only. For me INPA is not something I can't do without.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0