E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Breaking News: BMW addresses N54 Turbo Lag!!

12-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #133
Mech_Man
I'm feeling much better now, Dave
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 (MontegoBlue/Bk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchief05 View Post
Anyone know the latest software for n54 08 335i?
You resurrected a 3-1/2 year old thread to ask this question?
Please, next time just start a new thread if it's not necessary for us to have to re-read the previous stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #134
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech_Man View Post
You resurrected a 3-1/2 year old thread to ask this question?
Please, next time just start a new thread if it's not necessary for us to have to re-read the previous stuff.
i have to disagree. if he made a new thread someone would have said and why would you have to re-read all the previous stuff?
      12-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #135
gpb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelalex17 View Post
i have to disagree. if he made a new thread someone would have said and why would you have to re-read all the previous stuff?
Not sure whether to agree or disagree, I'd just say the ideal tactic is create a NEW thread in which he references this thread and gives a summary context for his question. Three way win: more people see his question vs. getting lost in an epic thread, he shows that he searched and couldn't find the answer thus avoiding the "do a search" replies, and finally minimizes the probability of others not noticing the datestamps and answering three year old questions.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #136
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpb View Post
Not sure whether to agree or disagree, I'd just say the ideal tactic is create a NEW thread in which he references this thread and gives a summary context for his question. Three way win: more people see his question vs. getting lost in an epic thread, he shows that he searched and couldn't find the answer thus avoiding the "do a search" replies, and finally minimizes the probability of others not noticing the datestamps and answering three year old questions.
that would be best solution i would agree. but people seem to get annoyed some times when people create new threads. so when someone asks a question in an existing thread and people are saying to make a new thread it seems like a lose lose. i never get annoyed when people make new threads its not like we're losing space on the internet. and the whole point of a forum is to ask and answer questions but thats neither here nor there.
      12-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #137
gpb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelalex17 View Post
people seem to get annoyed some times when people [...]
I'm not sure there's any Forum activity which does not annoy *someone* somewhere. Best we can hope to achieve is to minimize how many people we annoy.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #138
kosinar
Rep
Drives: 335is Vert, BSM, Saddle

Just keep in mind. Some of the people are annoyed all the time. Just ignore them.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #139
Mech_Man
I'm feeling much better now, Dave
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 (MontegoBlue/Bk)

I was just saying ... The "OP" (new OP?) asked for the most current data, using a very long-expired thread.

I think that the proper forum etiquette would have been for him to have searched all near-current threads for his info. and when he wanted to know if there was any more-current answers, start a new thread.

The new message requesting the current software info should include the age of his search response, and asking if anyone had information that was newer.

(I'm not trying to be the net police - I really was trying to help the OP get better results).
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #140
galahad05
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

I feel that I should thread-jack this thread, just because.

What do you guys think of the latest BavTech scanner/programmer tools? Do they work for both older (n54) and newer (n55) engines/DMEs?