E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Going on Business Trip to Columbus Ohio, what's there to do?

01-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: something slowwwww

Going on Business Trip to Columbus Ohio, what's there to do?

Hi Fellow Members,

I'm going on a business trip to Columbus Ohio for a week.
What's there to do/eat that you guys would recommend?

Thanks in advance,
G
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Ryan323i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 320i xDrive

You could go to a Blue Jackets game, they're a so-so hockey team but the games are fun. There's also a great burger place just south of downtown called The Thurman Cafe. Another good restaurant is Barcelona. There's some cool bars downtown also. If you're looking to do any shopping, Easton Town Center is a pretty big mall with lots to do. They have a few nice bars, a comedy club, shadowbox, a GameWorks, and nice restaurants (Smith & Wollensky is good, make sure to get some cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory).

http://www.eastontowncenter.com/

This should be enough to get you started. Columbus isn't a huge city but there's a decent amount of stuff to do!
      01-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyan323 View Post
You could go to a Blue Jackets game, they're a so-so hockey team but the games are fun. There's also a great burger place just south of downtown called The Thurman Cafe. Another good restaurant is Barcelona. There's some cool bars downtown also. If you're looking to do any shopping, Easton Town Center is a pretty big mall with lots to do. They have a few nice bars, a comedy club, shadowbox, a GameWorks, and nice restaurants (Smith & Wollensky is good, make sure to get some cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory).

This should be enough to get you started. Columbus isn't a huge city but there's a decent amount of stuff to do!
Thanks for the info. I think I'll check out Thurman Cafe. As for Shopping, I'm right next to Polaris mall. As for the bars, any specific ones I should not miss out on?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Polaris is just fine for shopping, make sure you go to Thurman cafe!! I live right down the street from there and have gone a few times....PHENOMENAL place!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92er View Post
Polaris is just fine for shopping, make sure you go to Thurman cafe!! I live right down the street from there and have gone a few times....PHENOMENAL place!
Cool Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Ryan323i
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Try to go to the Thurman Cafe on a weekday if you can, it's always packed! Polaris is pretty cool, but I would still check out Easton if you can. Polaris is just a big mall, but Easton is set up like it's own little community so it's pretty neat. As for bars, check out the arena district downtown:

http://www.arenadistrict.com/

Also, Brothers Bar is pretty cool, kind of a younger scene, at least the last time I was there. Not sure how old you are.
      01-31-2010, 03:06 PM   #7
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Try to go to the Thurman Cafe on a weekday if you can, it's always packed! Polaris is pretty cool, but I would still check out Easton if you can. Polaris is just a big mall, but Easton is set up like it's own little community so it's pretty neat. As for bars, check out the arena district downtown:

http://www.arenadistrict.com/

Also, Brothers Bar is pretty cool, kind of a younger scene, at least the last time I was there. Not sure how old you are.
Well I'm staying at the Courtyard near Polaris as I'll be spending the week at Polaris Parkway for business. I'll check out Easton. I'm in my 20's so Brother's Bar would be cool.

Thanks, keep the recommendations coming.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm also generally out most nights either in the Arena district at Mozaik, or at Bristol, which is Columbus' version of an ultralounge. Actually, i mostly start at Mozaik, and head to Bristol around 12:30....
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: RS5

I head to Columbus every year for a football game, good city, plenty of bars around the college.
      02-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

Also, Brothers Bar is pretty cool.
Your out of your mind. Brothers bar sucks. Other then the copious amount of scantily dressed, bitchy, slutty girls there there are also enough tool bags in the joint to build a whole new bar. But if you're a frat brah meat truck that enjoys being a tool and chases after said girls then you'll fit right in.

Cruise OSU's campus. It's worth checking out. Thurmans for sure. Short North is unique and has some good bars. German village is awesome as well. Schmidt's Sausage Haus is worth a bite as well.

Thurmans and Schmidts were also featured in Man v. Food http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Show...e_Columbus.map

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter

Last edited by darkcloud; 02-01-2010 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Your out of your mind. Brothers bar sucks. Other then the copious amount of scantily dressed, bitchy, slutty girls there there are also enough tool bags in the joint to build a whole new bar. But if you're a frat brah meat truck that enjoys being a tool and chases after said girls then you'll fit right in.

Cruise OSU's campus. It's worth checking out. Thurmans for sure. Short North is unique and has some good bars. German village is awesome as well. Schmidt's Sausage Haus is worth a bite as well.

Thurmans and Schmidts were also featured in Man v. Food http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Show...e_Columbus.map
Hahaha, exactly what everyone I know says about Brothers!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Thanks everyone. I'll be hitting up some places tonight.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #13
Ryan323i
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha, exactly what everyone I know says about Brothers!
Yeah there are a lot of tool bags there, I'll agree to that. They're mostly just around the pool tables. The few times I've been there it's been with a group of friends and we had a good time.
      02-03-2010, 07:18 AM   #14
tripleskate
Aspiring BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow one ;)

Quote:

All of these are great suggestions. However, during "prime" weekend hours (Friday 8-11ish, same for Saturday), I would try and avoid certain areas of Easton (think dark alleys, etc.). Recently it has become more and more associated with gang problems. It's less of a problem right now because it's cold so the "Thugs" don't want to post up on nobody's walls unless they value being frozen to it. None of my friends or I personally have had issues but just giving a heads up.

Autocross Enthusiast/ Aspiring 335i Owner/ Official E90Post Lurker
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #15
Ryan323i
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleskate View Post
All of these are great suggestions. However, during "prime" weekend hours (Friday 8-11ish, same for Saturday), I would try and avoid certain areas of Easton (think dark alleys, etc.). Recently it has become more and more associated with gang problems. It's less of a problem right now because it's cold so the "Thugs" don't want to post up on nobody's walls unless they value being frozen to it. None of my friends or I personally have had issues but just giving a heads up.
Hmmm, this is good to know. I've never had any issues either.