E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Half engine light help

03-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
Carlos335i
Rep
Drives: Red n55 3 series

Half engine light help

Hey guys, I currently have an n55 with jb4 stage 2 catless dps and exaust. Ive had a half check engine light on and off for a while now and want to take it in to dealership. What do I have to do before I take it to BMW? So I don't have any problems with them? Sorry... I'm new to this
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos335i
Hey guys, I currently have an n55 with jb4 stage 2 catless dps and exaust. Ive had a half check engine light on and off for a while now and want to take it in to dealership. What do I have to do before I take it to BMW? So I don't have any problems with them? Sorry... I'm new to this
I would try to log some runs to see what it looks like. The read codes if any and basically determine if it's your tuning device or parameters causing the issue. May just be a loose connection somewhere.

Then if you still can't figure it out, take the tune off and drive around for a bit to see if the same symptoms occur... If so then you'd have to de-mod everything for the dealer visit or else they will blame everything on the DP and you'll get nowhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
Carlos335i
Rep
Drives: Red n55 3 series

For some reason my computer is having problems downloading the interface and I can't read the codes
Appreciate 0